The Student Room Group

Scotland Yard Racism...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bonged.
I'm not sure. Has he himself poked someone into a coma?

It doesn't matter what he has and hasn't done, as he meets your criteria of

being a fully grown man

who is harming somebody

who is incapable of defending themselves

The police have stopped this threat by beating this psychologically impaired man into a coma. Is it still appropriate?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 141
Original post by whyumadtho
What if it later transpires that this fully grown man had a psychological impairment that was responsible for his actions. Is it appropriate to beat psychologically impaired people now?

He can also remove a teenager from the vicinity. Both a gang of toddlers and a gang of teenagers will require a group of police officers to disperse the situation; in both cases, it is possible to stop the threat without potentially lethal force.

Are you unable to defend your position logically?

Like what?

Hahaha! I see you don't have much experience with gangs of teenagers/yutes. To get them off someone they've decided to savage you need to actually fight them off.

Logically? You're going on about toddlers and mental impairments that drive you to poking quadrapalegic's eyeballs. Logic left awhile ago.
Reply 142
It doesn't matter what he has an hasn't done, as he meets your criteria of

being a fully grown man

who is harming somebody

The police have stopped this threat by beating this psychologically impaired man into a coma. Is it still appropriate?

Subjective. I say it does. Has he poked someone to death?
Original post by Bonged.
Like what?
To what are you referring?

Hahaha! I see you don't have much experience with gangs of teenagers/yutes. To get them off someone they've decided to savage you need to actually fight them off.
And reasonable force can be used to pull them off the accosted. Thereafter, beatings are irrefragably superfluous.

Logically? You're going on about toddlers and mental impairments that drive you to poking quadrapalegic's eyeballs. Logic left awhile ago.
Are you suggesting my scenarios are situationally impossible? Given there are toddlers, mentally impaired people, the ability to poke, and quadriplegic people; and all of these elements can realistically interact, my scenarios are plausible. Refute them with your logic, if you can.
Original post by Bonged.
Subjective. I say it does. Has he poked someone to death?

Then you have undermined your stance that the police should be able to assault anybody, without question, providing they are

fully grown men

who are harming somebody

That said, what is your new argument?
Reply 145
To what are you referring?

And reasonable force can be used to pull them off the accosted. Thereafter, beatings are irrefragably superfluous.

Are you suggesting my scenarios are situationally impossible? Given there are toddlers, mentally impaired people, the ability to poke, and quadriplegic people; and all of these elements can realistically interact, my scenarios are plausible. Refute them with your logic, if you can.

What psychological impairment causes him to seek disabled people to poke in the eyes?

No. Often when a pack of yutes gets a person or another yute to the floor they will not desist unless they are physically fought off of the prostrate figure they are abusing.

They are situationally improbable. Massively improbable. Not worth consideration.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 146
Then you have undermined your stance that the police should be able to assault anybody, without question, providing they are

fully grown men

who are harming somebody

That said, what is your new argument?

sigh, i thought we were playing imagination time.

Has he poked someone to death?
Original post by Bonged.
No. Often when a pack of yutes gets a person or another yute to the floor they will not desist unless they are physically fought off of the prostrate figure they are abusing.
Multiple police officers can pull a single adolescent off somebody with ease. If a single officer cannot even pull the assailant off, what do you think the likely result of engaging in a fight with him will be? It's better to not direct the rage at oneself.

They are situationally improbable. Massively improbable. Not worth consideration.
Because you can't conceive an answer that conforms to your logical stance? You have no evidence to indicate their probability, but it is factually certain that they are possible scenarios. I would like you to respond.
Original post by Bonged.
What psychological impairment causes him to seek disabled people to poke in the eyes?
Incidentally, he is poking a physically impaired person when the police officer encounters him.

Original post by Bonged.
sigh, i thought we were playing imagination time.

Has he poked someone to death?
Is this an indirect conceding of your position? Aside from what was said in the bullet points, what other general conditions must be present for a beating to be acceptable?
Reply 149
Multiple police officers can pull a single adolescent off somebody with ease. If a single officer cannot even pull the assailant off, what do you think the likely result of engaging in a fight with him will be? It's better to not direct the rage at oneself.

Because you can't conceive an answer that conforms to your logical stance? You have no evidence to indicate their probability, but it is factually certain that they are possible scenarios. I would like you to respond.

Hence "pack".

Your "situations" were all created with the intention of disproving what I was saying. They are disingenuous. They don't happen in the real world (you should come visit some time!).
Reply 150
Incidentally, he is poking a physically impaired person when the police officer encounters him.

Is this an indirect conceding of your position? Aside from what was said in the bullet points, what other general conditions must be present for a beating to be acceptable?

Is the aggressors mental impairment obvious?

er... no.

"your stance - that the police should be able to assault anybody, without question, providing they are
fully grown men
who are harming somebody who is incapable of defending themselves"

Yeah , sounds fair enough.
Original post by Bonged.
Hence "pack".
The amount of police officers needed to subdue the assailants would remove the 'necessity' of beating them.

Your "situations" were all created with the intention of disproving what I was saying. They are disingenuous. They don't happen in the real world (you should come visit some time!).
So you can't defend your position logically? If you are arguing a hypothetical situation to evidence the effectiveness of police brutality, why can I not raise hypothetical situations in response?
Original post by Bonged.
Is the aggressors mental impairment obvious?

er... no.
'No' to what? It is inappropriate for them to beat him?

"your stance - that the police should be able to assault anybody, without question, providing they are
fully grown men
who are harming somebody who is incapable of defending themselves"

Yeah , sounds fair enough.
Then why are you asking for further conditions before casting judgement? The man has fit these criteria so it should be unconditionally appropriate, in your view.
Reply 153
The amount of police officers needed to subdue the assailants would remove the 'necessity' of beating them.

So you can't defend your position logically? If you are arguing a hypothetical situation to evidence the effectiveness of police brutality, why can I not raise hypothetical situations in response?

Yutes are known to run in packs of 20-40 in the wild, often there aren't that many police available. Also, nothing wrong with a bit of summary justice if the police have witnessed the yutes predation.

What was my hypothetical situation?
Reply 154
'No' to what? It is inappropriate for them to beat him?

Then why are you asking for further conditions before casting judgement? The man has fit these criteria so it should be unconditionally appropriate, in your view.

No I don't "concede". :pierre: lol

Hm, let's add another bullet point - must not be visibly retarded.
Original post by Bonged.
Yutes are known to run in packs of 20-40 in the wild, often there aren't that many police available.
In this case, a few police officers, whether intending to beat or incapacitate via reasonable force, would not be able to do so. In fact, given assaults on the police are given utmost priority, the gang would probably disperse at the sound of sirens and would not be willing to attack anybody. A police officer beating somebody would stir up irrational hostility, and in a blind rage there could be severe injuries or deaths on both sides. There will also be further hostility to the police in general, in future.

Also, nothing wrong with a bit of summary justice if the police have witnessed the yutes predation.
Let's abolish the courts!

What was my hypothetical situation?
Police brutality being effective in this country in this age against certain groups of people, despite no evidence suggesting it will be. We're both arguing hypothetically here, so do not dismiss my refutations because they are hypothetical.
I'm most disappointed at the comments on the Daily Mail website.
Original post by Bonged.
No I don't "concede". :pierre: lol

Hm, let's add another bullet point - must not be visibly retarded.
ADHD and schizophrenia, for example, are not necessarily readily perceivable. To a police officer, a grown man with no readily perceivable mental impairments causing harm to somebody who cannot defend themselves is, unconditionally, cause for a beating, is it not? Is it now appropriate to attack mentally impaired people?
Reply 158
In this case, a few police officers, whether intending to beat or incapacitate via reasonable force, would not be able to do so. In fact, given assaults on the police are given utmost priority, the gang would probably disperse at the sound of sirens and would not be willing to attack anybody. A police officer beating somebody would stir up irrational hostility, and in a blind rage there could be severe injuries or deaths on both sides. There will also be further hostility to the police in general, in future.

Let's abolish the courts!

Police brutality being effective in this country in this age against certain groups of people, despite no evidence suggesting it will be. We're both arguing hypothetically here, so do not dismiss my refutations because they are hypothetical.

Dunno, yutes are usually pretty skinny. I imagine about 10 cops could beat 40 yutes. In east london yutes don't always disperse when police come, they've lost any kind of threat to criminals.

They do need serious overhauls , yes.

My "hypothetical situation" was the riots. If the police had got out their truncheons maybe that old guy wouldn't have been murdered? Or the 3 shopkeepers in Bham. Anyone who was in London at the time will tell you the cops just stood there gormless while yutes ran rampant savaging people.
Reply 159
ADHD and schizophrenia, for example, are not necessarily readily perceivable. To a police officer, a grown man with no readily perceivable mental impairments causing harm to somebody who cannot defend themselves is, unconditionally, cause for a beating, is it not? Is it now appropriate to attack mentally impaired people?

:rolleyes:

Yes, whyumadtho. You got me. I want the police to beat up disabled people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending