The Student Room Group

UCL Msc Economics 2012....Who is going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
......ANYONE ELSE FOR MSC IN ECONOMICS AT UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON 2012/13???:curious:
Reply 121
Hey,
I have an MSc Economics offer from UCL. Deciding between that an the same at Warwick, what do you say?
Reply 122
Congratulations!!!!.........I prefer UCL, already accepted indeed :wink:.
Reply 123
Oh fantastic, congratulations. I'm trying to get some queries cleared before i make my decision. Which of the two for instance is better if I m looking to work after my masters instead of going for a Phd?
Reply 124
Well London is London and Coventry is......

I think if you are looking for work after your Msc, being in London it could be easiest to network and to assist interviews. Besides, from what I've heard UCL has reputation of rigour and excellence among employers. In fact iit s ranked 7th in the last QS world ranking while Warwick is ranked much lower.
Reply 125
Some people say that UCL is just if you want to go to a PhD because the tough of the programme hence they advice that for work you may be better by choosing a "soft" one, but I believe that if you think you can handle then why not get a rigorous education in your field from a world top 10 university if you have the possibility?.
Reply 126
Original post by radhica26
Hey,
I have an MSc Economics offer from UCL. Deciding between that an the same at Warwick, what do you say?

I've also got offers from both ucl n warwick..but it's an easy choice for me..ucl definitely! :smile:
Reply 127
Original post by jansenkoh
I've also got offers from both ucl n warwick..but it's an easy choice for me..ucl definitely! :smile:

That's the spirit :smile::rock:
Offer from both UCL and Warwick!!! UCL seems better!! Location and the QS ranking! any one applied for student finance?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Econla
......ANYONE ELSE FOR MSC IN ECONOMICS AT UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON 2012/13???:curious:

me! will be firming UCL's offer for Msc Economics... :smile:
Reply 130
Original post by OneManWreckingMachine

Congratulations!!!.......see you in september :wink:
Reply 131
Original post by OneManWreckingMachine

Cya this coming sept! :smile:
Reply 132
Original post by dreadnaut
Thanks, I think that's the one I saw with the 2^sqrtx, although it might just be the standard paper they post

How can people fail this if they've been getting good degrees? This is all second year stuff? With the exception of the Diff equations, which are year 2/3?
Reply 133
Original post by noremedy
How can people fail this if they've been getting good degrees? This is all second year stuff? With the exception of the Diff equations, which are year 2/3?

No... they are not. They are what UCL BSc students doing in their first year, including difference and differential equations.
Reply 134
Original post by jansenkoh

I want to take up UCL too,its obviously better, but my problem is a little complicated. I have not done economics at undergrad level and the degree at UCL is an MSC in Econs and obviously a rigorous one, while the one at Warwick is a two year course (Diploma+ MSc) with the first being a kinda bridging course.

That's actually a major concern for me, because although i have a base in Economics having studied both Micro and Macro Economics over three years (no econometrics), i don't have an undergraduate degree in the subject. Now that i have the choice to complete the MSc in one year at UCL, Im not sure if i can do well in a one year course, given my background. Or is the degree so rigorous that i should opt for a diploma+ MSc?
Reply 135
I want to take up UCL too,its obviously better, but my problem is a little complicated. I have not done economics at undergrad level and the degree at UCL is an MSC in Econs and obviously a rigorous one, while the one at Warwick is a two year course (Diploma+ MSc) with the first being a kinda bridging course.

That's actually a major concern for me, because although i have a base in Economics having studied both Micro and Macro Economics over three years (no econometrics), i don't have an undergraduate degree in the subject. Now that i have the choice to complete the MSc in one year at UCL, Im not sure if i can do well in a one year course, given my background. Or is the degree so rigorous that i should opt for a diploma+ MSc?

I don't understand, you say that you haven't done economics at ug level and then you say that you studied 3 years Micro and Macro??:confused: what am I missing?. What did you study finally?, can you tell us what courses you took both in economics and maths?.
Reply 136

I think if you have a solid math background u should be vey fine..
Reply 137
Original post by Econla
Congratulations!!!!.........I prefer UCL, already accepted indeed :wink:.

I also accepted offer from UCL! By the way, did you accept your offer in your UCL Portal? Is that considered as "firm acceptance" or we should do something else?
Reply 138
Original post by Anva
I also accepted offer from UCL! By the way, did you accept your offer in your UCL Portal? Is that considered as "firm acceptance" or we should do something else?

Congratulations!...I accepted through the portal. Yes it is your firm acceptance.
which accomodation will be cost effective and at the same time be around max a 20 minute walk from UCL campus????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending