Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why is Zimmerman "white-Hispanic" but Obama isn't "white-African American"?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What exactly was said in these letters? I can't see why it was necessary to write to him in the first place, I could see a reason if he hadn't been found guilty or if it was a lenient sentence, but it he has and it isn't.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, they sent a letter to the White House and didn't get a reply. So have thousands of people.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DynamicSyngery)
    Why is Zimmerman "white-Hispanic" but Obama isn't "white-African American"?
    Because Zimmerman is White Hispanic.

Because , historically, those that were half white/ half African American were generally considered to be part of the negro community rather than the white. Also, African Americans are all partly white anyway. It is a feature of being African American.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    If he spent "ten minutes of his time" for every one who is shot in America who would not have time to do anything else.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Is that what the British media spin is? That there was national outrage? :confused:

Most Americans would like to wait and see if it was or wasn't self defense and wait for the facts to come out. The only ones calling for Zimmerman's arrest are the usual race baiters like Sharpton. When all the facts come out, it's very likely that this will be a classic case of self defense, nothing more.
    No, I don't think so. 73% of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested. In the same poll 55% support stand your ground.

I doubt it will be self defence. The more facts that come out, the more stupid the police look.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hughcapet)
    Awww, that's nice. A shame that the good people of Florida aren't quite as bothered about the deaths of two visitors to their state as they are about one of their own, but I suppose that's tribalism at play, and that's no crime.
    No you simpleton, its not "tribalism at play", but rather the human search for justice. In this case (involving these two British tourists), the crime was investigated, the murderer found, and then put on trial where he was found guilty of his crimes. In the case of Martin, the murderer was not even arrested/investigated, let alone put on trial.

I suggest you learn to read English properly and/or at least learn to understand it better, and then read up on the case, as it appears you're struggling to understand logic :rolleyes:

Do you truly know if Zimmerman is guilty of anything other than self-defence? Of course you don't; no-one does. As I understand it while he may not have been arrested he is under investigation regarding the incident.
    He is "under investigation" CURRENTLY. In other words, only after the issue got wide-spread national attention, did Zimmerman's actions get investigated properly and indeed, could the parents of Martin begin to seek even a semblance of justice; Zimmerman should have been arrested and/or investigated as soon as the crime was committed, as is the case everywhere in the US. Justice should not be dependent upon whether a story gets media coverage or not.

As someone said recently: 'get your head out of you backside before posting nonsense.'
    That someone was me, and as your posts above clearly show, you're head is indeed still firmly up your own backside, as you know NOTHING about these cases it seems. But, keep spouting your nonsense and I'll continue to dispel the BS in it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckingalt)
    I my loved one was murdered in the UK I would expect to see the perpetrators prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I would not expect a christmas card from David Cameron.
    They'd get less than 10 years here.

I wouldn't hold my breath for justice in the UK.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    One thing I've learned: Never argue with idiots (or trolls). They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MirandaPanda)
    :rofl:

First and foremost, source (a reliable one if possible)?

Secondaly, I very much doubt that a medic provides laundry services and/or could indeed fix a broken nose permanently on the spot; there was not an ounce of blood on his clothes, nor were ANY wounds dectable on him. Given the description Zimmerman gave of an epic struggle between himself and Martin (to the point where he thus felt the need to shoot the young kid), this sounds rather nonsensical/retarded. But hey, maybe in Florida, paramedics have access to miracle medical tech and carry a washing machine with them to clean clothes!

I also look forward to your reply on the other points of my previous post (as we all know you have a habit of only answering points you think you can provide any semblance of a retort to) :rolleyes:
    Even head wounds bleed profusely. So just imagine being banged on the head so much that you are "barely conscious" without having your head extensively bandaged.

So, even if you ignore that, he didn't get anything checked. No haemorrhage. No broken skull.

Possibly the most absurd thing is that assertion that Trayvon said "You will die tonight". It just makes the entire thing sound comical.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Possibly the most absurd thing is that assertion that Trayvon said "You will die tonight". It just makes the entire thing sound comical.
    Indeed.

I just hope that the original (incompetent) officers involved within the case haven't contaminated/messed up the garnernig of evidence, as that is the only reasonable way I can see Zimmerman getting away scot-free. He certainly can't use the Stand Your Ground law in his defense it seems :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because Zimmerman is White Hispanic.

Because , historically, those that were half white/ half African American were generally considered to be part of the negro community rather than the white. Also, African Americans are all partly white anyway. It is a feature of being African American.
    I dont think historically half-mexican half-white people were welcomed with open arms by the KKK either. Obama has as much racially in common with Zimmerman as with Trayvon; America's whole reverse-racism thing is both bizarre and inconsistent.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I dont think historically half-mexican half-white people were welcomed with open arms by the KKK either. Obama has as much racially in common with Zimmerman as with Trayvon; America's whole reverse-racism thing is both bizarre and inconsistent.
    America's? I think you'll find the same thing here in the UK with regards to "reverse-racism".
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    This has nothing to do with what I said. I didn't mention Obama or racism. So I don't have a clue why you bothered to reply.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This has nothing to do with what I said. I didn't mention Obama or racism. So I don't have a clue why you bothered to reply.
    You claimed there was a difference because white-african americans were historically viewed as fully black, while white-hispanics implicitly weren't. You were responding to a post about Obama. The whole topic is racism. I can't tell if you are dishonest or stupid.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think so. 73% of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested. In the same poll 55% support stand your ground.

I doubt it will be self defence. The more facts that come out, the more stupid the police look.
    Which facts have come out that make the police look stupid? So far much of the evidence I've seen backs up Zimmerman. There have been eyewitnesses that have come forward claiming that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, beating him to death and Zimmerman had to shoot him to save his own life.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which facts have come out that make the police look stupid? So far much of the evidence I've seen backs up Zimmerman. There have been eyewitnesses that have come forward claiming that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, beating him to death and Zimmerman had to shoot him to save his own life.
    There is only one eyewitness that has come forward publicly. He didn't say Martin was beating him to death. He said Martin was on top of him beating Zimmerman up. Quote which part of the testimony says that Zimmerman's life was in danger.

Furthermore, if you are getting beaten up. That does not establish self defence. That is why the police let him go on the basis of the initial confrontation.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    You claimed there was a difference because white-african americans were historically viewed as fully black, while white-hispanics implicitly weren't.
    Yeh, sure. Let's say I said that. Your post still has nothing to do with what I said.

You were responding to a post about Obama. The whole topic is racism. I can't tell if you are dishonest or stupid.
    But my post had nothing to do with Obama....and it had nothing to do with Racism.

There are a lot of topics within this thread. If you want to talk about them, then you can. Just don't reply to my post unless it has something to with what I wrote.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckingalt)
    I my loved one was murdered in the UK I would expect to see the perpetrators prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I would not expect a christmas card from David Cameron.
    I completely agree with this!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is a pure speculation, but it is a good one. If I was still 18 years old, and was simply walking home when some "dudley do right" decided to confront me as if I was a criminal I'd be pretty indignant and tell him to f*** off. If he got even more confrontational, a fight would likely pursue. At this point you can argue which side started it but you can't argue that either side deserves to die. Even if Zimmerman was getting his ass kicked, and he probably was, it's not self defense to use a gun to end a fight that you started and then lost control of. That is not the type of behavior that stand your ground was meant to protect.

You are right that at this point the press and people agenda's to politicize the incident have compromised the investigation, but without those groups doing just that, this case would be closed right now.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.