Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Christian party - Most socially right wing party?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I randomly looked at their policies WOAHHH they are 10x more extreme than the BNP on social issues.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    They should substitute the word "Christian" for "nutters". Their policies don't seem very Christian :lolwut:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was a bit "meh, nothing more crazy than some of the idiot manifestos I've seen before" till I got to their education policies, then I just went :eek:.

it looks like it was written by someone who has no-clue how to run a country.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It seems like they have allot of good ideas and polices even if they are a bit far fetched I will list the bad ones

-•Re-instate the teaching of ‘Classical’ subjects in every school
    -•Support the use of reasonable force by teachers to maintain discipline in schools
    -•Allow schools to elect to use supervised corporal punishment as a “punishment of last resort” instead of ‘Exclusions’
    -•Re-instate mandatory Christian religious education in schools.
    -Actually most of the Education stuff
    -•Give parents knowledge and decision making rights regarding the medical treatment of their children.
    -•Make private health insurance a visa requirement for immigrants.
    -•Call for the restoration of Sunday as a day of rest, to allow reflection by individuals and communities on the role they have to play. A re-ordering of values is needed.
    -•Reject all attempts to re-define marriage.
    -•Outlaw voluntary, non-voluntary and involuntary euthanasia by omission or by direct act, including neonatal euthanasia.
    -•Support legislation to prevent the patenting of natural genetic material, modifications to the human gene line and the trade in sperm, ova and human beings at the embryonic stage of development.
    -•End the practise of human cloning and the destruction of human embryos.
    -All the stuff they have on abortion and euthanasia.

They are all dire polices but what do you expect from a Christian party the rest of the polices (or most of them seem good)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's most certainly not Christian.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They are probably the worst party I've seen stand in Britain--and 3% support in London is not encouraging at all. At least Galloway is back. The only time I've heard them mentioned previously is by Marcus Brigstocke on the Now Show:
    In response to the Atheist Bus Campaign 'There is probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life.'
    They published 'There definitely is a God, now vote Christian Party and enjoy your life.'

And the Advertising Standards Agency did nothing. This man is expressing despicable views which would be out of place in the U.S. Tea Party.

I thought that we, as a nation, had moved on from this sort of nonsense.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApresAlkan)
    They are probably the worst party I've seen stand in Britain--and 3% support in London is not encouraging at all. At least Galloway is back. The only time I've heard them mentioned previously is by Marcus Brigstocke on the Now Show:
    In response to the Atheist Bus Campaign 'There is probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life.'
    They published 'There definitely is a God, now vote Christian Party and enjoy your life.'

And the Advertising Standards Agency did nothing. This man is expressing despicable views which would be out of place in the U.S. Tea Party.

I thought that we, as a nation, had moved on from this sort of nonsense.
    That's pretty terrifying, the 3% part in particular. I had no idea that there was potentially that much support for them in London. Not that they'll be elected of course - bunch of loons.

I guess it's all the evangelicals in the inner city who are throwing their support behind it, and the idiots who listen to them, that's garnered them that much support in the capital.

Profoundly disagree with the notion that under-18s are not entitled to medical privacy.

On the upside, they don't know what year it is.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    So I randomly looked at their policies WOAHHH they are 10x more extreme than the BNP on social issues.
    They aren't in the public sphere as much because they have, like what, 95% less votes than the BNP?

And you can find a lot of religious extremists in the Labour party and BNP, I might add.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prog2djent)
    They aren't in the public sphere as much because they have, like what, 95% less votes than the BNP?

And you can find a lot of religious extremists in the Labour party and BNP, I might add.
    And let's not forget the Conservatives coughcoughnadinedorriescough.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabalala)
    It seems like they have allot of good ideas and polices even if they are a bit far fetched I will list the bad ones

-•Support the use of reasonable force by teachers to maintain discipline in schools
    -•Allow schools to elect to use supervised corporal punishment as a “punishment of last resort” instead of ‘Exclusions’
    -•Re-instate mandatory Christian religious education in schools.-Actually most of the Education stuff
    -•Give parents knowledge and decision making rights regarding the medical treatment of their children.
    -•Make private health insurance a visa requirement for immigrants.
    -•Call for the restoration of Sunday as a day of rest, to allow reflection by individuals and communities on the role they have to play. A re-ordering of values is needed.
    -•Reject all attempts to re-define marriage.
    -•Outlaw voluntary, non-voluntary and involuntary euthanasia by omission or by direct act, including neonatal euthanasia.
    -•Support legislation to prevent the patenting of natural genetic material, modifications to the human gene line and the trade in sperm, ova and human beings at the embryonic stage of development.
    -•End the practise of human cloning and the destruction of human embryos.
    -•All the stuff they have on abortion and euthanasia

They are all dire polices but what do you expect from a Christian party the rest of the polices (or most of them seem good)
    Yeah, so I've enboldened everything I think is bad, and the ones in italics I am on the fence with.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why people even bother voting for them.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    And let's not forget the Conservatives coughcoughnadinedorriescough.
    Yeah, all 3 of those Christian MP's who are hardly extremists, just, just what you would expect from christians.

Have you seen the sort of Fundamentalist's in the BNP and labour, or atleast some of the extremists labour MP's are quiet pally with.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabalala)
    Good, in my opinion. I'd rather my children learn Latin than how to roll a condom onto a man's penis so they can fornicate without their vaginas leaking a creamy, yellow goo.

Excellent. If a kid kicks a football through the window of a classroom, the only way he's going to learn it's wrong is if a teacher administers physical punishment. Rats learn faster when we hurt them, so there's no reason children won't, either.

Most of their other policies are rather agreeable, too. Just because they're a Christian party doesn't mean we should chalk up their policies as 'nutty' before we've even considered them fully.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok so these are all the policies, from wikipedia though

-a proposed referendum on the reinstitution of the death penalty for murder where there are at least two human witnesses.
    - legislation to ban abortion.
    - increased taxation on alcohol and tobacco.
    - initiatives to bring personal responsibility to bear upon "self-inflicted disease" (such as alcoholism).
    - zero tolerance on drug possession.
    - curfews for under-11-year-olds, with mandatory intervention of child protection agencies in relation to any child 10 years or younger who is found unaccompanied on the street after 9:00pm.
    - the reintroduction of the right of teachers to use corporal punishment in extreme circumstances.
    - greater observance of a weekly day of rest (Sunday).
    - limits around coastlines to preserve stocks of fish and sand eels.
    - promotion in school of chastity before marriage.
    - re-instatement of Section 2A (also known as Section 28).
    - the re-introduction of corporate readings from the Bible in all Scottish state schools.
    - provision of Christian religious education on a mandatory basis, with no obligation to promote other faiths, regardless of the wishes of those being instructed or their parents. There currently exists a level of compulsory Christian observance in most British schools,[7][8][9] so these policies are calling for this to be increased.
    - a science curriculum which should "reflect the evidence of creation/design" in the universe (see Creation-evolution controversy).
    - public health campaigns to discourage homosexuality alongside excessive drinking and the use of addictive substances, whilst maintaining "God loves and we should love" such individuals.
    - the restoration of the right for parents to smack their children (as with prayer, this right currently exists and the policy is a call for an increase).
    - "Mind Pollution Levy" on 18 certificate films, DVDs, CDs, video games and top-shelf magazines.
    - a re-establishment of the principle of the innocent party in a divorce being acknowledged in any divorce settlement.
    - discouragement of the practice of addressing women as "Ms.".
    - opposition to the practice of altering birth certificates to reflect gender confirmation surgery.
    - replacing the standard of 'beyond reasonable doubt' with the more biblical 'evidence of two or three reliable witnesses' in the criminal justice system.
    - that Mechanical Copyright Protection enjoyed by songwriters should be extended to featured recording artists and record producers.
    - that a minimum royalty percentage (the level of which should be decided through consultation with the music industry) should be paid to featured recording artists and producers on exactly the same basis as is currently paid to songwriters.

Whacky and dangerous.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ann Widdecombe)
    Good, in my opinion. I'd rather my children learn Latin than how to roll a condom onto a man's penis so they can fornicate without their vaginas leaking a creamy, yellow goo.

Excellent. If a kid kicks a football through the window of a classroom, the only way he's going to learn it's wrong is if a teacher administers physical punishment. Rats learn faster when we hurt them, so there's no reason children won't, either.

Most of their other policies are rather agreeable, too. Just because they're a Christian party doesn't mean we should chalk up their policies as 'nutty' before we've even considered them fully.
    :troll:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ann Widdecombe)
    So sex education (very minor part of any curriculum anywhere) is bad, though it helps increase safety for people and stops spread of disease; and Latin, which has very few applications for students (I take Latin--it's useful to me for maths and for personal interest) is much better.

Corporal punishment is stupid and manipulative. It has been shown NOT to work, just like execution, and it just breaches any human right you care to name (hyperbole).

None of their policies is worth implementing. Give me one. And non-secular parties have no place in the modern world--sure they can exist, freedom of speech and so on and so forth, but they are insulting and should not be voted for.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    They should substitute the word "Christian" for "nutters". Their policies don't seem very Christian :lolwut:
    The Christian Party - Some common sense in a society gone mad!

Look at these policies from the Christian Party, they are fantastic policies, a cross between neo-Con free market policies, promoting traditional values and real nationalist policies as opposed to the mainstream popular watered down nationalism. What is so wrong with that? Why are they nutters? Do you want health tourists coming here to use the NHS? Do you want people coming here with nothing except an excuse to get housed by the state and welfare cheques because that can? Do you not want deportation for these people. If not then I suggest that you are the nutter!

Introduce a single rate Income Tax of 20 per cent for earnings in excess of £12,000 per annum.

Stamp out the sex slave trade. Bring heavy penalties to bear on sex slave-traders and slave-drivers.

Establish the concept of restorative justice with the imposition of substantial financial penalties on criminals in order to compensate victims and pay for damage done to property.

Re-instate the teaching of ‘Classical’ subjects in every school.

Support radical cuts in the public-sector workforce in order to reduce both the size of government and the size of the government spending.

* Place European Union migrants on no more than the same footing as those from the Commonwealth nations.

* Make private health insurance a visa requirement for immigrants.

* Initiate a “No (private sector) Home – No Visa” policy.

* Support deportation for economic migrants convicted of imprisonable offences.

* Maintain tight border controls.

* Call for a partial-amnesty for illegal immigrants and their accomplices who have in all other aspects of their life, apart for employment, lived lawfully in the United Kingdom for at least seven years.

* Support measures for the intensive processing for removal of all illegal immigrants that do not qualify for amnesty.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are ridiculous.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If this is what Christians believe in, then it's a good thing that fewer people are calling themselves Christian.

Complete idiots, although I'm sure most normal Christians think that they're idiots aswell
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicknick1)
    The Christian Party - Some common sense in a society gone mad!

Look at these policies from the Christian Party, they are fantastic policies, a cross between neo-Con free market policies, promoting traditional values and real nationalist policies as opposed to the mainstream popular watered down nationalism. What is so wrong with that? Why are they nutters? Do you want health tourists coming here to use the NHS? Do you want people coming here with nothing except an excuse to get housed by the state and welfare cheques because that can? Do you not want deportation for these people. If not then I suggest that you are the nutter!

Introduce a single rate Income Tax of 20 per cent for earnings in excess of £12,000 per annum.

Stamp out the sex slave trade. Bring heavy penalties to bear on sex slave-traders and slave-drivers.

Establish the concept of restorative justice with the imposition of substantial financial penalties on criminals in order to compensate victims and pay for damage done to property.

Re-instate the teaching of ‘Classical’ subjects in every school.

Support radical cuts in the public-sector workforce in order to reduce both the size of government and the size of the government spending.

* Place European Union migrants on no more than the same footing as those from the Commonwealth nations.

* Make private health insurance a visa requirement for immigrants.

* Initiate a “No (private sector) Home – No Visa” policy.

* Support deportation for economic migrants convicted of imprisonable offences.

* Maintain tight border controls.

* Call for a partial-amnesty for illegal immigrants and their accomplices who have in all other aspects of their life, apart for employment, lived lawfully in the United Kingdom for at least seven years.

* Support measures for the intensive processing for removal of all illegal immigrants that do not qualify for amnesty.
    I think they are watering these things down for pragmatic reasons, ideologically, don't you think they are essentially rick santorum mixed with America's evangelicans? I.e, fascists.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.