The Student Room Group

Lloyds TSB Overdraft extension

Anyone else tried to extend theirs from £500? Applied online and application got declined, might go in to the branch and try because really need the money. Any advice?
Original post by ralphlawson
Anyone else tried to extend theirs from £500? Applied online and application got declined, might go in to the branch and try because really need the money. Any advice?

It depends on how much you want to increase your overdraft by. I'm with Barclays, and if I want to increase my overdraft, I have to go into my local branch for a meeting with one of their advisors. This is probably the best option for you if you have been declined online.
I remember opening my student account back in August and trying to add the £500 overdraft online, which was declined. They wouldn't even let me do £100. So i phoned up and they said that i wasn't allowed one, but you're eligable to apply for it once your account has been upgraded! I went into my local branch and they gave me the overdraft in about 5 seconds.

So go to your branch! They should approve you unless you're being really reckless with your money, but then i know people who have got theirs extended even when their overdraft is maxed out. Or if you have an appaling credit rating, but if that was the case its unlikely you'd have got the £500 overdraft in the first place.

Let us know how it goes :P May have to extend mine soon, as i've got so much to pay for next term.
Reply 3
yeh you have to wait till you had your student account for 6months or more then you can increase it to 1000..

lloyds are tight bastards tho..you have to go in branch and demand it..the online stuff will just waste your time
Reply 4
Yeah I've had it since August..I'll go into the branch this week or next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending