Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post Election results and discussion

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Knob' is not unparliamentary, had it been 'nob' it may have been.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    'Knob' is not unparliamentary, had it been 'nob' it may have been.
    i'd rather not be refered to as the handle of a door though...
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    The TSR Liberal Democrats are currently voting on the offers we have received to form a Government and we will inform interested Parties of the outcome of the Vote.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    If the TSR Liberal Democrats vote is tied then the Lib Dem MPs will make the executive decision
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    If the TSR Liberal Democrats vote is tied then the Lib Dem MPs will make the executive decision
    When will the final result be decided, and will you make an announcement to the House prior the deadline on Saturday?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    When will the final result be decided, and will you make an announcement to the House prior the deadline on Saturday?
    Our decision will be made by Friday night and we will inform the House after we have informed interested Parties.

This is a tough decision for us to make.

I will be criticized by some, whatever decision we make
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Can I assume that it means it is a close run thing?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Can I assume that it means it is a close run thing?
    Sorry I cannot say the in and outs, I have explained the decision-making process
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think a one week coalition building period is too long?

Given the comments about reducing the length of election voting, how would people feel about reducing the coalition building period to 3/4 days?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)

Given the comments about reducing the length of election voting, how would people feel about reducing the coalition building period to 3/4 days?
    I think a week is about adequate. Given the locks that different parties may have in place. 3/4 days I think can lead to parties rushing deals together.

Should a government 'fall' then I think the 3/4 would be a good timeframe before a motion declaring confidence in the new government should be called.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:

It's enough. Bear in mind that UKIP has a 2 day vote period built into our Constitution (and I don't want to change that really since it gives the members a greater say in running the party) so our coalition building period would be 1/2 days before we had to put it to a vote or we would have to pass up on the opportunity to be in a coalition.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    We should leave the coalition period as it is.

In cases where there are more than one option available to a party another party may require the second three days to broker an alternate agreement.

As said, different parties also have different systems.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think a week is fine.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:

3 - 4 hours sounds good.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tell you what next election I'm giving you five minutes.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is a bit dull for those of us without anything to mull over in great detail.

I'd like to use this occasion, however, to formally announce that I'm proposing a government and am currently in the middle of tentative yet promising talks to decide the balance of Cabinet posts and policy, especially regarding economic reform.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)

I'd like to use this occasion, however, to formally announce that I'm proposing a government and am currently in the middle of tentative yet promising talks to decide the balance of Cabinet posts and policy, especially regarding economic reform.
    Good Luck
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)

There's nothing to stop your negotiating with any party at any time really.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)

TSR Government (minority, one seat) - JPKC

Prime Minister - JPKC
    Deputy Prime Minister - JPKC
    Home Secretary - JPKC
    Chancellor of The Exchequer - JPKC
    ?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.