Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Post Election results and discussion

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should be interesting to see given that Labour categorically said that JPKC would not be part of their government. Just how much is their word worth?

I shall spice things up rather vaguely by stating that whilst we regret not being able to include one party, the Conservative Party has approved a coalition agreement by a majority vote of 55% with 11% abstaining.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Should be interesting to see given that Labour categorically said that JPKC would not be part of their government. Just how much is their word worth?

I shall spice things up rather vaguely by stating that whilst we regret not being able to include one party, the Conservative Party has approved a coalition agreement by a majority vote of 55% with 11% abstaining.
    Rakas I speak for the whole of The Labour Party honestly when I tell you that we are definitely not going to involve JPKC in any Government discussion, nor even give him a hinting chance of being part of any Government that we're in.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, coalition with the Libertarians was mentioned more seriously than with JPKC.

As my sig shows, it seems Labour are the only party whose views didn't change post-election :cool:
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    I shall hold you to that.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done to all parties, nice to see the libers have gained a seat. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out...
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:

:lol: Yeah we've not spoken to JPKC at all as edi has said and we have no plans to.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm interesting games afoot here.

(Original post by Maddog Jones)
    Yeah, coalition with the Libertarians was mentioned more seriously than with JPKC.

As my sig shows, it seems Labour are the only party whose views didn't change post-election :cool:
    Do you expect to continue being chancellor?
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Anyone else think a one week coalition building period is too long?

Given the comments about reducing the length of election voting, how would people feel about reducing the coalition building period to 3/4 days?
    I don't think this part has to be changed. People and parties need time to discuss and then vote on things, and parties need a few days at least to vote so as many members of the party as possible can vote.
    I'd say no less than 5 days, certainly, but a week is still good methinks.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think a week, or roughly 5 - 6 days, should be adequate.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Hmmm interesting games afoot here.

Do you expect to continue being chancellor?
    That entirely depends on us actually being in government, something which I'm not entirely optimistic about.

Needless to say, we're focusing on forming a government first - there's every likelihood that if we do get into government, the chancellor could be from another party.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    So that's the high card, give the Lib Dems DL and Chancellor.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think its generally accepted that coalition parties take either deputy PM, or CotE - not both, especially when the top parties three times bigger.

I know exactly what you've offered the Liberal Democrats though Rakas, and it's more than that.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you've offered the Liberal Democrats though Rakas, and it's more than that.
    How do you know what may or may not be offered? also how do you know that it is 100% true without being involved in the talks or inter-party discussion about whom anyone is going with?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they're offering that much to the Lib Dems, how much would they offer the Libers, considering they're a bigger party in terms of seats? Seems pretty weird...
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think its a matter of shiny titles, its not like the real HoC these positions have far less meaning in the MHoC. Blind to power, carry on.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think its generally accepted that coalition parties take either deputy PM, or CotE - not both, especially when the top parties three times bigger.

May i ask how you procured this information?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    May i ask how you procured this information?
    You may.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    UKIP's vote had provided a clear and concise decision over the party member's preferences over which coalition they shall be entering. However; it is very likely that I shall remain a backbench MP if this government is ratified.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    You may.
    Where have you and Dangermouse received you information from?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.