Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Post Election results and discussion

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to see Labour crash and burn in a minority government.

And that would be an improvement on last term.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    This and please do not ask what the offer's were.
    Will you be willing to negotiate support for individuals bills on an issue-by-issue basis?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    Will you be willing to negotiate support for individuals bills on an issue-by-issue basis?
    We will discuss them when they come up.

I have been through hell for the past few days.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been through hell for the past few days.
    Oh of course you have :console:

:rolleyes:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    I can't wait to see Labour crash and burn in a minority government.

And that would be an improvement on last term.
    With this kind of attitude, that's exactly what will happen.

And then the following Labour government will crash and burn in a minority government.

And then we'll get the Tories crashing and burning in a minority government.

And repeat 6 times over.

Now, you can be childish and the house will get nowhere.

Or you can grow up and discuss bills with the government on an issue-by-issue basis and maybe we'll get somewhere.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    With this kind of attitude, that's exactly what will happen.

And then the following Labour government will crash and burn in a minority government.

And then we'll get the Tories crashing and burning in a minority government.

And repeat 6 times over.

Now, you can be childish and the house will get nowhere.

Or you can grow up and discuss bills with the government on an issue-by-issue basis and maybe we'll get somewhere.
    Well, I will wait and see what kind of bills you bring out. I don't have to vote No to every single you pass, you may bring out some good ones.

But I reckon that unless you improve the quality of your bills, you wont get any through.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    When did I tell you that we've negotiated a deal?
    Toronto has confirmed it to me that you'd arranged something in Labour
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Toronto has confirmed it to me that you'd arranged something in Labour
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    QFA
    To clarify, I informed UKIP that you stated that you were involved in helping Labour to form the deal with UKIP.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stop the mudslinging.

There could be one if a certain MP continues to be offensive etc.
    Morgsie you're putting a personal grudge in front of your duty to act in the best interests of the Lib Dems. I'm extremely worried by the prospect of you trying to exploit the constitution for your own ends like this. And for the record I've made a real effort to not antagonise you this past week, your inability to do the same is a very poor show indeed.

Birchington should relieve you of your position, as you are obviously not the right person to fill it.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Morgsie you're putting a personal grudge in front of your duty to act in the best interests of the Lib Dems. I'm extremely worried by the prospect of you trying to exploit the constitution for your own ends like this.And for the record I've made a real effort to not antagonise you this past week, your inability to do the same is a very poor show indeed.

Birchington should relieve you of your position, as you are obviously not the right person to fill it.
    QFA
    I'm the last person to stick up for JPKC, but credit where credit's due he has made an effort and I applaud him for that. That said your current comments are once again not befitting of this House and you must avoid personal insults.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Morgsie you're putting a personal grudge in front of your duty to act in the best interests of the Lib Dems. I'm extremely worried by the prospect of you trying to exploit the constitution for your own ends like this.And for the record I've made a real effort to not antagonise you this past week, your inability to do the same is a very poor show indeed.

You really are just a deeply unpleasant person aren't you? Every comment I've seen by you has been nasty, vindictive and inconducive to debate. I find it unsurprising you've been booted from Labour with such an attitude.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    You really are just a deeply unpleasant person aren't you? Every comment I've seen by you has been nasty, vindictive and inconducive to debate. I find it unsurprising you've been booted from Labour with such an attitude.
    On the contrary, the fact that his comments could be described with said adjectives was what made me so surprised Labour didn't like him. :cool:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    You've obviously not been reading my comments other than the ones Morgsie's been perma-negging. I removed the personal part so perhaps now you can respond to the serious allegations made about the Lib Dem leader?

FYI I left Labour. Nice to know you've got your finger on the pulse!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    You've obviously not been reading my comments other than the ones Morgsie's been perma-negging. I removed the personal part so perhaps now you can respond to the serious allegations made about your leader?
    He is in the Libertarians :facepalm2:

Everyone knew what I meant and you go and do it again.

I said something in Private and someone went public with it.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Calm it down you guys.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    He is in the Libertarians :facepalm2:

Everyone knew what I meant and you go and do it again.

I said something in Private and someone went public with it.
    He's posted like twice in the last three weeks I couldn't care less.

And the leaders rightly went public with it because what you're trying to do is completely unacceptable.

For the sake of balance please outline what you actually were intending to do to force me and barnetlad from the House.

:rolleyes:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    To clarify, I informed UKIP that you stated that you were involved in helping Labour to form the deal with UKIP.
    I indicated that I wouldn't mind being in coalition with UKIP aye, but I didn't actually negotiate any terms and conditions with your party.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree that it is bizarre and somewhat undemocratic for MPs to try and vote another MP out of the house entirely when there's actually no call from the electorate to do so. JPKC was being rude, personal and obnoxious during the election and the electorate still decided to give him a seat. That's democracy.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty obvious to me that the leader of the Liberal Democrats has engaged in foul activity.

It's surely time for Morgsie to resign.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have not engaged in foul activity.

I said what I was thinking and I have clarified things with my Party.

All of this is coming from Labour, I don't see the Tories or UKIP demanding me to go.

I am staying put because I have the full confidence of the Lib Dems

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.