The Student Room Group

Why Do So Many Young People Use Knives?

I just don't understand the backward mentality of these people. There's a disagreement, one idiot pulls out a knife and stabs the other one, leaving him for dead. And that's it.

Why don't males these days ever solve the conflicts with a good, old-fashioned bare knuckle fight?

You rarely see fair one on one fights these days. Either the savage and his pack jump the loner, or a weapon is used against the opponent who doesn't have a weapon. Males these days don't want to fight with their fists.

This is why I have to respect gypsies when it comes to disputes within their own community. Only cowards use a knife or gun.

I hate what this country has become.

Scroll to see replies

hardly any young people carry knives.
Repping for the hood
Reply 3
It means your disagreement is resolved quicker and then you can move on to the next person who looked at you.
Reply 4
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
hardly any young people carry knives.

And the one's who do are generally in gangs so aren't a major threat to the lives of people outside other gangs unless you're an idiot.
Reply 5
They're a minority.

However, I'd presume it's due to their enivronment and parenting.
Reply 6
Original post by cera ess six
Repping for the hood

I was going to mention how much of a bad influence American gangs are having on the young people over here. I can't stand seeing idiots making gun salutes with their fingers in photos/videos. There's nothing cool about using a gun. Why is it seen as a fashion accessory?
Reply 7
Did you really just suggest you see more knife fights than fist fights?.. 0.-

Anyway
Some carry them for respect, show off to their mates or to 'keep up to their mates who have one, in a gang or not.
Some carry them to protect themselves who arent in a gang, i had a mate who carried one for a month or two because his family house was getting random death threats all the time.
Reply 8
This is how men should solve their conflicts. It's so backward that young males use knives and GAIN respect. if anything you should lose respect.

[video="youtube;g06TEtVQVMU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g06TEtVQVMU[/video]

What is happening to our country? how did it get like this? 3 scumbags the other day just paralysed a 5 year old girl and all they get is a jail sentence. Anyone who uses a knife or gun should get the death penalty. That's the best way to stop all this crime. They'd think twice then.
Reply 9
Original post by Tommyjw
i had a mate who carried one for a month or two because his family house was getting random death threats all the time.

Why didn't he report them?
I take it your a dirty gypsy then

Irish Gypsys are anything but honourable they are cowardly scum bareknuckle fighting isn't honourable, not fighting at all and sorting it out with words is. You use any example of a group of people who make a living out of stealing and intimidating people to get their way a group of people who kidnap homeless people and use them as slaves as something to aspire to.
Original post by Hopple
It means your disagreement is resolved quicker and then you can move on to the next person who looked at you.

Best reply to this thread.
Reply 12
Original post by Iron Lady
Why didn't he report them?

He did report it?...
Last time i checked the police cant do DNA tests on paints on windows to see who did it.
Original post by hamijack
And the one's who do are generally in gangs so aren't a major threat to the lives of people outside other gangs unless you're an idiot.

Assuming you're immune from knife crime for not being in a gang makes you the idiot.
Reply 14
Original post by Shabalala

Irish Gypsys are anything but honourable they are cowardly scum bareknuckle fighting isn't honourable, not fighting at all and sorting it out with words is. You use any example of a group of people who make a living out of stealing and intimidating people to get their way a group of people who kidnap homeless people and use them as slaves as something to aspire to.

Wait, what?
Reply 16
Original post by Tommyjw
He did report it?...
Last time i checked the police cant do DNA tests on paints on windows to see who did it.

Where in your response did you say he reported them? Did he live in a rough area?

They should have used a hidden camera to catch the culprit, set up traps, etc.
Original post by Tommyjw
Did you really just suggest you see more knife fights than fist fights?.. 0.-

Anyway
Some carry them for respect, show off to their mates or to 'keep up to their mates who have one, in a gang or not.
Some carry them to protect themselves who arent in a gang, i had a mate who carried one for a month or two because his family house was getting random death threats all the time.

your mate sounds really cool.

I wish I could be your friend so I would have a friend of a friend who carries a knife. Its even cooler that he uses it for 'protection' not just to be cool.
Reply 18
Original post by Shabalala

I'm not a gyspy. I don't actually like gyspies, but I have more respect for the way they handle disagreements. Two men settling a dispute with their fists and shaking hands after is more civilised than two cowards using knives or a gun and hitting an innocent bystander who had nothing to do with it, like the 5 year girl Thusha Kamaleswaran who is now paralysed for life because the three bastards thought they'd bring their post code war into a shop.
Very few young people carry knives, don't generalize.
The reasoning is because they are imbeciles. If you notice, those who stab are the type of people who use an illegal breed of dog to intimidate people and set them on other people's dogs, for 'fun'.
They're the people who will end up with loads of kids, but are better left out of the gene pool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending