The Student Room Group

When you get your desired job what wage do you expect per week?

Scroll to see replies

£415 (first stage on the teaching pay scale- it increases yearly following)
Reply 21
About £576 a week gross.
Substantially less than I earned when I left university.
Reply 23
Original post by Rascacielos
£1500k+ gross (approx 80k per year). :sexface:

EDIT: Oh, you mean immediately after graduating. Well I'd like to be on £600 pw if I get a good pupillage.

I'd have thought (without knowing much about law) that a successful barrister would be on a fair deal more than that? To be honest I assumed it would be well into six figures. :cool:

I'm starting next year on 37k and I'm ecstatic with it.
Original post by abdiz12
Junior doctor thats if I get into med school

48 hours a week as a junior? The guys I know did 70-80...
1000 a week. So, that would be 4k a month and 48k a year roughly.

This is fresh out of university of course.

by 30, 100k or I've not made it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
CEO'ing at 10K a week megaballing, smashing 10/10 models every day and driving a different sports car every week.
Reply 27
I'm happy with £52 a week on the dole.
Cba to calculate the weekly wage... but I'm aiming for 25k yearly salary by 30.
Reply 29
One hundred thousand pounds a day. (the salary of the current incumbent)
Reply 30
Original post by yothi5
I won't be happy with anything less than £45000

A week....? :confused:
Well after my mum left uni she was on 210/230 a day so about 650 a week (not bad for 3 days :biggrin: but she worked damned hard to qualify!)

I'd hope to be getting that somewhere down the line, but obviously the more the better :tongue:
Reply 32
Original post by Chiko 1001
48 hours a week as a junior? The guys I know did 70-80...

Thats what I thought too but I heard they changed the law, now only 48 hours. And overtime isn't paid, so in reality you'll be working 80 hours to get all the patient contact you can get but you will not be paid the overtime. NHS are just using these guys as slaves.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Teofilo
I'd have thought (without knowing much about law) that a successful barrister would be on a fair deal more than that? To be honest I assumed it would be well into six figures. :cool:

I'm starting next year on 37k and I'm ecstatic with it.

Depends a lot on where you work and what field you work in. Some criminal barristers for example might never top £40k.
Original post by abdiz12
Thats what I thought too but I heard they changed the law, now only 48 hours. And overtime isn't paid, so in reality you'll be working 80 hours to get all the patient contact you can get but you will not be paid the overtime. NHS are just using these guys as slaves.

I don't know where you heard this. It's not the case.

EWTD limits you to 48 hours a week averaged over (I think) 17 weeks. However, almost all juniors sign the opt out agreement which exempts them from the directive so it's had almost no effect in reality, in the competitive areas at least. You DO get paid more though. Your pay is banded- 10, 20, up to 50% bonuses for hours over a certain amount and for antisocial hours. In Edinburgh, where I know people working, almost all the juniors do such massive hours that they earn the top 50% bonus banding, but they work 10-14 hours a day every day...
£300-400
2-4hrs
dj
Reply 36
Original post by every cloud
frankly, the sort of job I want after uni is classed by annual salary, but I'll go along with this. I want to go into the creative arts industry so I expect either an unpaid internship, paid internship (but still v. little money) or an entry level job at say £16-19,000 p.a which works out as £300-370 a week approx. I also expect to have to work damn hard for this, say up to 80 hours a week.

That said I'm preparing for the worst case scenario so that I'm not disappointed when the time comes.

Over 9000!
Reply 37
Desired job out of uni pays around £21,000 - £25,000. So on a salary of £22,000 = approx. £430 pounds a week. :biggrin:

<3 x
Reply 38
Original post by LETSJaM
Desired job out of uni pays around £21,000 - £25,000. So on a salary of £22,000 = approx. £430 pounds a week. :biggrin:

<3 x

not bad, what job

EDIT and what does <3x mean?
Reply 39
Original post by LETSJaM

<3 x

what job and how many hours work per week?

EDIT: and what does <3x mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending