I think it will probs be around

72 - A
67 - B
60 - C

Any thoughts?
Reply 101
Original post by Dangermoose
Everybody looking forward to the exam tomorrow? :smile:
I'm feeling.... confident. Hopefully I'll get an A like AS..

My ICT teacher emailed my class with bits he thinks will be on the exam as they haven't been covered as much in previous exams or always pop up.
- The definitions and +/- points for LAN, WAN and Virtual networks
- Wireless communication methods (Bluetooth, home wireless)
- The documents in the system life cycle (requirements spec, design spec, system spec)
- Diagrams (Entity relationship, Data Flow Diagram, State transition and flowcharts)
- Batch, interactive and real time data processing systems
- Model human processor definition
- Distributed databases
- Change management

Hope this helps :biggrin:

Woah these exact topics came up in the exam... scary!

And the questions in the exam were absolutely awful... I'm seriously hoping for low grade boundaries - I need an A for university! :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bradderst
Woah these exact topics came up in the exam... scary!

And the questions in the exam were absolutely awful... I'm seriously hoping for low grade boundaries - I need an A for university! :s-smilie:

There was a grid of pridicted topics to come up. I think it was off Dolinski!, good old Dolinski, and most of them came up :smile:, however ocr did word them awfully as usual.

Why neg? dolinski is a babe!
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm really glad that you think his website is really good, but I have something much better than you guys.....HE IS MY ICT TEACHER! and I am not joking or anything, I am being honest and deadly serious!:smile:

Original post by Joy0712
ICT is my first exam..been using this site..i would recommend for you to use it breaks each specification point into a PowerPoint
http://www.dolinski.co.uk/pages/ks5/ocr_ict/g063/index.html
I don't think Dolinski put it on his website, but he got one of Paul Long, which he showed to us in class.
Im guessing you are on about dolinski.co.uk?
Original post by orange'94
There was a grid of pridicted topics to come up. I think it was off Dolinski!, good old Dolinski, and most of them came up :smile:, however ocr did word them awfully as usual.
i hope the two 11 mark Q's make up for the mistakes i made on the rest of the paper....... ):
glad its over now.
Reply 106
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to TSR and have sat this exam also.

Just a bit concered that people are mentioning the ER diagram question as I don't recall doing it, but I checked through the whole paper load of times too! It would be helpful if anyone can tell me what page the question was or how har into the paper approx it came up. Also how many marks were awarded for this question as I fear I have lost all of them for not seeing and answering the question!:frown:

Thanks.
Original post by ruhulali
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to TSR and have sat this exam also.

Just a bit concered that people are mentioning the ER diagram question as I don't recall doing it, but I checked through the whole paper load of times too! It would be helpful if anyone can tell me what page the question was or how har into the paper approx it came up. Also how many marks were awarded for this question as I fear I have lost all of them for not seeing and answering the question!:frown:

Thanks.

Hello,

The diagram was half way the exam paper, it was 4 marks. I can't remember the page though. :smile:
Even I was about to skip it, thought it was an introductory paragraph for section B, then realised I had to draw an ERD diagram for it.
Reply 108

Original post by Executioner
Hello,

The diagram was half way the exam paper, it was 4 marks. I can't remember the page though. :smile:
Even I was about to skip it, thought it was an introductory paragraph for section B, then realised I had to draw an ERD diagram for it.

Thanks, I must have missed it out by accident then, glad it's just 4 marks. Anybody have an idea of what the grade boundries gonna be? Our teacher showed us a past paper recently which had very low marks for an A, can't remember what year it was though. I really need a grade A in this to make uni!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending