The Student Room Group

What happens on enrollment day? What ID is required?

I was last in college 1 year ago and my Mum sorted out all the paperwork for enrollment for me, However this year for a couple of reasons I'm having to sort it out myself.
I'm thinking about applying for a course at college but when I go to enrol on a a course what will I need to being with me?

I have a driving license if that may be required, ' O and by the way I'm on employment support allowance so is there any paperwork I should bring along with me from ESA? cheers

Also in the past I have always began my courses in September, do all courses begin in September or do some begin throughout different months of the year?

EDIT: courses I am considering are social work, counselling, teaching assistant or maybe a G.C.S.E. resit/s :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'd recommend emailing the college to ask them if they don't send you a letter detailing the things you'll need to bring nearer the time.
Reply 2
Original post by Oasis'
I was last in college 1 year ago and my Mum sorted out all the paperwork for enrollment for me, However this year for a couple of reasons I'm having to sort it out myself.
I'm thinking about applying for a course at college but when I go to enrol on a a course what will I need to being with me?

I have a driving license if that may be required, ' O and by the way I'm on employment support allowance so is there any paperwork I should bring along with me from ESA? cheers

Also in the past I have always began my courses in September, do all courses begin in September or do some begin throughout different months of the year?

EDIT: courses I am considering are social work, counselling, teaching assistant or maybe a G.C.S.E. resit/s :smile:

enrolling at college isnt as complicated as you make it sound- you will probally be asked to fill in a form with simple details like your name, address and any qualifications you hold atm. you may also need to pay a fee if you are 19 or older and hold a qualification at the same level as to which you are applying, although this may be waivered if you are on ESA, so bring the letter with proof you are just in case. apart from that the only thing i can think of you'll need to bring are certificates for the qualifications you already hold e.g. gcses.

If you haven't got C's in Maths and English then I would retake them both at College, as many unis and employers will expect those grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending