Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can i 'wrap' a human in!?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    For my art coursework for AS I am looking at the artist Christo who wraps buildings and other objects, so I am translating it into portraiture and want to wrap a human face. Obviously not using cling film as I don't want to kill them, or water as I have already done that, but does anyone have any interesting ideas to wrap a human face in which would have good photography outcomes?!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Streaky Bacon
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you have to wrap their face or can you just cover it, if you can cover it then use chocolate, if wrap, then use toilet paper but dye it for special effect so it would be coloured dyed toilet paper wrapped around their face.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha streaky bacon.. most certainly an artistic choice

And well it'd be good if their face was also visible, I like the idea of the toilet paper and chocolate, could also use maybe face masks.. hmmm, i want a really unique idea you see, like how I used water that was pretty interesting
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Actually, there are a few things which would be quite interesting:

A character mask.
    A mask of their face on their face.
    Then perhaps different expressions on their face layered over a normal mugshot of their face? Like 50% faded so you can see both. ie, covered in expression.
    Paint.
    Plaster cast.
    Whipped cream.
    What about one of those pin box things?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Newspaper would be great!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umop apisdn)
    Actually, there are a few things which would be quite interesting:

A character mask.
    A mask of their face on their face.
    Then perhaps different expressions on their face layered over a normal mugshot of their face? Like 50% faded so you can see both. ie, covered in expression.
    Paint.
    Plaster cast.
    Whipped cream.
    What about one of those pin box things?
    I like the idea about the expressions and layering, and also the paint thing! Oooooh...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1805)
    Newspaper would be great!
    Like wet newspaper?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Christmas paper? With tiny holes around the nose obviously!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How about a really thin fabric like chiffon or organza? Maybe in different colours, you could contrast red and green or do something a little softer like shades of blue and purple
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmily95)
    For my art coursework for AS I am looking at the artist Christo who wraps buildings and other objects, so I am translating it into portraiture and want to wrap a human face. Obviously not using cling film as I don't want to kill them, or water as I have already done that, but does anyone have any interesting ideas to wrap a human face in which would have good photography outcomes?!
    A tortilla wrap!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittyb99)
    Christmas paper? With tiny holes around the nose obviously!
    oooh i like it thanks!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieclick)
    How about a really thin fabric like chiffon or organza? Maybe in different colours, you could contrast red and green or do something a little softer like shades of blue and purple
    oooooh i like it! reminds me of the pre-raphaelite paintings of like 'royalty' and 'women', thanks
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieclick)
    This is a good idea, but maybe silk because it is really fine and would drape around the features of the face, so that it would be obvious what was beneath it. Didn't Christo use some sort of thin fabric?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmily95)
    Asking for help on your coursework? Kind of cheating isn't it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Coloured tissue paper! That stuff was my childhood.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire888)
    This is a good idea, but maybe silk because it is really fine and would drape around the features of the face, so that it would be obvious what was beneath it. Didn't Christo use some sort of thin fabric?
    yes he did thank you!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yothi5)
    Asking for help on your coursework? Kind of cheating isn't it?
    Well I am asking for ideas on things I can do for my art portfolio
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spinach leaves.

Or a mesh-like material.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ham

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 3, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.