The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So I have just completed my A-levels and im hoping to apply to UCL, my academic track record is;

4A*'s (incluuding Maths and science double award)and 4 A's(including English language and French) at GCSE
AS&A2 Biology=A
AS&A2 Chemistry=A
AS&A2 Maths=A
AS economics=C
UKCAT=690

Assuming i achieve an average score on BMAT(which im finding very difficult to prepare for), what do u guys think my chances are?
Any constructive help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:
Did anyone get a confirmation email after they sent in that form they emailed us that we had to sign (confidentiality etc)?
Original post by tissue_26
Did anyone get a confirmation email after they sent in that form they emailed us that we had to sign (confidentiality etc)?

I didn't, I don't think it's a big deal even if they haven't received it, they'll probs make us sign one when we enrol.
Are you at an advantage if you do 4 A2s? I have done English for AS and am now predicted 3 A*s in maths, biology and chemistry, would a fourth A2 give me an advantage?
Original post by josieelliott
Are you at an advantage if you do 4 A2s? I have done English for AS and am now predicted 3 A*s in maths, biology and chemistry, would a fourth A2 give me an advantage?

I don't think it gives you any advantage at UCL.
Reply 3025
Will UCL ask for my UMS?
is UCL integrated PBL or traditional?
Original post by thestudent_09
is UCL integrated PBL or traditional?

It's mainly traditional teaching, most of the information is taught through lectures.

Original post by Razer_M
Will UCL ask for my UMS?

They say they might but no one I know got asked for them
I'm in Year 11 and I really want to study medicine at UCL. I am a B in math but working towards 3-6 (hopefully 5/6) A*'s at GCSE, including Separate/Triple science, however I'm a B in math. I missed almost all of Year 7, 8 and 9 due to medical conditions which I have now overcome more or less. I'm working hard with my math but in the chance that I get a B grade, will it put me at a disadvantage? Or will it be overlooked because of other aspects of my application e.g UKCAT/BMAT scores, personal statement, experience etc? I am also thinking of studying Chemistry, Biology, English Literature and History at sixth form. I understand none of you are part of the UCL Medical admissions, but I would just like to know my chances as my math would be at the minimum requirement and I am aware that most Medical applicants will have A* in GCSE Math and potentially A* at A2 as well.

Hoping to achieve A*A*A*-A*AA in my A2 levels, as well as a ton of experience and I am thinking of gaining a qualification in sign language (not to replace any A levels) in which to help me communicate with those who have speech difficulties.

Thanks! :smile:
guys, UCL seems like accepts access course which is far less difficult than A-levels, I don't understand,
Original post by Seeyousoon
I'm in Year 11 and I really want to study medicine at UCL. I am a B in math but working towards 3-6 (hopefully 5/6) A*'s at GCSE, including Separate/Triple science, however I'm a B in math. I missed almost all of Year 7, 8 and 9 due to medical conditions which I have now overcome more or less. I'm working hard with my math but in the chance that I get a B grade, will it put me at a disadvantage? Or will it be overlooked because of other aspects of my application e.g UKCAT/BMAT scores, personal statement, experience etc? I am also thinking of studying Chemistry, Biology, English Literature and History at sixth form. I understand none of you are part of the UCL Medical admissions, but I would just like to know my chances as my math would be at the minimum requirement and I am aware that most Medical applicants will have A* in GCSE Math and potentially A* at A2 as well.

Hoping to achieve A*A*A*-A*AA in my A2 levels, as well as a ton of experience and I am thinking of gaining a qualification in sign language (not to replace any A levels) in which to help me communicate with those who have speech difficulties.

Thanks! :smile:

I don't think your B will disadvantage you that much - as long as all other aspects are up to scratch, you still have a chance! Focus on getting as many A*s at A-Level as possible. GCSEs play more of a role in other universities, but I don't think UCL is that strict. :smile:

Original post by Emad1993
guys, UCL seems like accepts access course which is far less difficult than A-levels, I don't understand,

UCL like to have a contrasting degree like a language or humanity. They're not necessarily less difficult!

Latest

Trending

Trending