Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Corpus Christi School Science Prize for Biochemistry

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The essay topic was about stem cells and heart disease and the deadline was last Friday (30th March). Just wondering if anybody entered and if so, how did you all find it?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I did...I hope it arrived in time >_<

I found it...interesting, and actually exciting, I really enjoyed doing some research for it, however I learnt about this competition only 2 weeks before the deadline, so I doubt I wrote anything decent

What about you?)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely interesting. Although when I started out I had no clue about the topic but by the end I felt I had a basic understanding of stem cells which, even if the essay gets no where, is a good thing. I have no idea how decent it is, really don't know what they were looking for! I found getting the information most difficult, searching through all those internet documents was hard work :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You know, when I was writing I was like "what the hell?! why only 1000 words??? There is so much to say, what should I include??what do they want???" that was the hardest part, I think I got 999 words :rolleyes:
    Yes, even if my work will not get any good feedback(and this is the most likely outcome...), at least I've learnt something, and realized, that I really want to learn biochemistry in uni

By the way, do you have any idea, when will they announce the results?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you do any explanation of scientific terms or give much detail for each point? I really didn't get to what audience we were writing this for. Apparently, the results come out mid-May?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I did not explain much :-/
    I assumed, that the audience is at least relatively interested in science, and I think I used some more scientific terms

Mid-may then...I wonder, how many people've submitted their work...do u know anyone else who did?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not aware of anybody else, but then there are not many people mad enough to like biology in my school. You?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Same for me... Noone that I know...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did this too!!! Really enjoyed it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    More competition >_<
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by korian)
    Hi! I did...I hope it arrived in time >_<

I found it...interesting, and actually exciting, I really enjoyed doing some research for it, however I learnt about this competition only 2 weeks before the deadline, so I doubt I wrote anything decent

What about you?)
    I only discovered it a week before the deadline, so mine too was very rushed (although I did the Chemistry competition, not the Biochemistry). I was put off this one by the word count. Summarizing was never my greatest strength
    I haven't come across many people who entered so hopefully there won't be much competition
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    All you guys wondering about when you find out, I did it last year and found out on the 11th May
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Did you find out through school or did they contact you directly?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They emailed me directly I got it in a maths lesson, cue wanting to shout out in excitedness but having to keep quiet to not give myself away!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    just got "Thank you for entering our annual science competition. The tutors are considering the entries and I hope to be able to announce the winners shortly. "

OMG - when is shortly?! T_T
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got the same email - I'm excited but don't want to get my hopes up too much
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That's the most difficult thing - not to get the hopes uo too much =(
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    saw the email and nearly had a heart attack :L definitely need to stop getting my hopes up!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it will be today?..
    It's already a bit late...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nah, if they're only just looking at the entries (which I am assuming the email meant to say) now, then I don't think it will be for a while...? :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 11, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.