Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheap Hostels/Hotels in Amsterdam

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Me and a few friends are going to go to Amsterdam in August and are looking for somewhere cheap to stay... can anyone recommend/not recommend anywhere? We want our own private room, not dorms. Cheers!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want a proper hotel, there are loads of little hotels in Amsterdam - I'm going there in a few weeks and for a double room for one night it's about £80. I found that hotel on booking.com. If you're looking for hostels, try hostelworld.com
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    If you want a proper hotel, there are loads of little hotels in Amsterdam - I'm going there in a few weeks and for a double room for one night it's about £80. I found that hotel on booking.com. If you're looking for hostels, try hostelworld.com
    Ok cheers, I'm looking for a bit cheaper than that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Amsterdam on the 24th, 3 of us paid about £55 each for travel and a place to sleep

£4 each way with Megabus

and staying in a hostel.. but with our own 3 bed room. Got to share a bathroom tho

Marnix Hotel is the place, great location if it is where it claims to be.

I've also stayed at the HEM hotel which is a really nice hotel for the price. Comfy beds, en-suite, tv and all that ****. Although it is about 20 mins into central on the tram.. which is only cheap and a laugh in the mornings. A cab back at the end of the night is 25 euros. I'd say go to dutch cabs only, everyone else tried to rip us off.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    And we're there for 3 nights!

9am bus from London, get to 'Dam 9pm their time. 3 nights then off in the morning again at 9
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Dream)
    Me and a few friends are going to go to Amsterdam in August and are looking for somewhere cheap to stay... can anyone recommend/not recommend anywhere? We want our own private room, not dorms. Cheers!
    there are a few surprisingly cheap places in the Red Light District. The big names (CitizenM, Ibis, etc.) are slightly further out, but will charge you quite alot.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 3, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.