Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you do when you're feeling ill?

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    A glass of milk is the worst thing if you're feeling sick!
    Well, it helped me feel better I've heard this a few times, whilst I've also heard from others that it helps the situation (seems to be two different stories!) I think it lines the stomach and is actually better for you.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to bed, watch some films and lie on my front, lying on my front always helps when I feel sick for some reason
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    watch movies and play games really :rolleyes:
    maybe some work if i run out of anything else to do
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooft kitty, warm kitty....
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neverlander¾)
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooft kitty, warm kitty....

I would + rep but I'm out for today
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends how ill.

If just sick - just get on with things. Anything worse - lie in bed and sleep as that's all I can do! That said when I was in hospital last week we watched TV etc, was quite good fun.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    sleep more than im supposed to.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I only seem to get colds and they're usually not that bad so I just try to get a good night's sleep then curl up in my duvet on the sofa and watch films. If I feel a bit sick I drink flat coke and that sorts it out.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Exist horizontally and watch Doris Day movies.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i sleep feeling sorry for myself, i watch t.v. and moan about how sorry i feel for myself, i phone any of my unsuspecting friends and tell them how sorry i feel for myself, in other words i just laze about, wallowing in self pity for a day and then i'm back to normal..!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stripe)
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    Well, it helped me feel better I've heard this a few times, whilst I've also heard from others that it helps the situation (seems to be two different stories!) I think it lines the stomach and is actually better for you.
    Okay, that's interesting! I absolutely love a drink of milk, but when I have an upset stomach, it's the worst thing in the world. I guess I figured that applied to everyone
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Okay, that's interesting! I absolutely love a drink of milk, but when I have an upset stomach, it's the worst thing in the world. I guess I figured that applied to everyone
    To be honest I think this is something nobody is agreed on. I've heard both "milk is great when you're ill" and "milk is the worst thing when you're ill". For me it helps I guess everyone is different. :yep:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The same as I do when I'm feeling ok, just with a whole lot more medicine and tissues. I can't stay in bed all day, the only time I can is if I've had a seizure, in which case for the next day or so I'll sleep constantly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) Take the day off school
    2) go downstairs and turn the tv on
    3) watch the bill omnibus on tv
    4) go play a few games of MW3
    5) Get some food and go back to the tv
    6) Remain there the whole day
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I snuggle up on the sofa with a duvet, drink plenty of high juice and watch the Mr Bean movie. That film always cheers me up!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you are ill ,you'd better have a good rest ,eat some fresh food and drink some warm water to help recover.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I drink lots of herbal tea with honey and lemon

And watch back-to-back episodes of Community :cool:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I'm really ill- ie flu or too weak to move about I just curl up on the sofa and watch ****e TV/ read until i drop off.

I drink milky sweet tea, eat bananas and soup all day as I usually have a sore throat when I'm poorly so eating properly hurts.

When I'm feeling better I'll go out for a short walk and get some fresh air.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.