Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I HATE my friends.

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014

I hate my friends.

I seriously ****ing HATE these people.

*sigh* If I don't hang out with them, then my lonely boring life is even more lonely and boring, but when I do hang out with them, they absolutely utter and entirely piss me off. They don't care- not about anything. They regularly hurt my feelings by totally devaluing our friendship (Me: "are you guys still coming to hang out?" *2 hours pass* Them via text:"Nah, we're just going to hang out without you somewhere totally different.")

I was there for one guy when he realized he was gay and had to come out. I listened to another girl for 3 bloody hours while she bitched and moaned about her roommate, and I supported her through it. If anyone ever needed a friend, they could always come to me. They leave me messages like "We had soooo much fun last night! Let's do it again soon!" And then they treat me like crap.

It's not to say that we don't actually have good times together, we totally do! But they are so damn self centred and selfish that my feelings on anything that isn't a party or super fun time happy is totally ignored. I've had it. I'm about to graduate from Uni and I won't have to see them ever again- and I'm freaking glad. I honestly can't wait.

Now someone please tell me that there are decent human beings in this world who care enough to not just consistently let you be there for them, but will also be there for you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just forget them, see them as a source of 'time pass', get your degree, move on and then you will make REAL friends
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had friends like that and let's just say we're not friends any more.

Yes, there are decent human beings out there though. I have met one or two recently
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ahhh the classic mistake of mixing friends and users. Real friends like you, they will do all they can to make you happy and actually give a toss.

These people are not falling into this group. Don't waste your time doing things for people you know will never do the same for you.

I made the same mistake as you when I was younger, I still do sometimes get it wrong, but I find by asking myself those things above it really helps.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Quality not quantity.

**** all those bastards. Just try and find like one or two good people, then you're set for life.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Make some REAL friends. Yeah sure you may have some good times and (just guessing) they may be popular, but in years to come you will regret it. Get some REAL friends
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    These 'friends' of yours don't sound like real friends. I wouldn't waste too much more of your time with them.

And yes, there are decent human beings in this world who care enough to not just consistently let you be there for them, but will also be there for you, but they're not as easy to come by.

(Original post by Hermione_moo)
    ahhh the classic mistake of mixing friends and users. Real friends like you, they will do all they can to make you happy and actually give a toss.

These people are not falling into this group. Don't waste your time doing things for people you know will never do the same for you.

I made the same mistake as you when I was younger, I still do sometimes get it wrong, but I find by asking myself those things above it really helps.
    And this.

Thanks everyone.
    I think it's weird you know? Maybe it's me- but I'm the sort that when we're friends, we're friends. I don't do "temporary, when I feel like it I'm there for you, but when I don't forget it" type things. If I consider someone a friend then I automatically make sure I'm there for them. Maybe that just gives this sort of person a really convenient out. I dunno. But it just seems wrong to treat a friendship like that, so I don't really want to change the way I do things. Instead, when I get to my new place in the fall, I'm just going to try to weed out the users more quickly, rather then saddling myself with them and trying to make real friendships out of the crap they fling around. I really appreciate all the reassurances though, sometimes it feels like there's seriously no one that actually gives two farts about their so-called friends.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 1, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.