The Student Room Group

MSc Help Please

Hello to all, this is my first post!

I would really appreciate some guidance on which MSc to choose.
I have been accepted both in Durham and Bath University for an MSc in Accounting and Finance and I am in a dilemma.

From what I have gathered, I understand that Durham is considered, in general, a great university ranking highly every year. Ok, but is it that strong in its finance department? Or is it just another department from a generally good uni?

On the other hand there is Bath that of course as a whole cannot compete Durham, but its MSc in Accounting and Finance is highly ranked, has awarded exemptions from the ACCA exams and as far as I hear has a business department that attracts many businesses’ HR departments in career events.

Which one is better? What are your feedback and/or opinions on the above?
If I have any misconceptions please point them out, I would really appreciate any info.
Reply 1
Original post by jimmys12
Hello to all, this is my first post!

I would really appreciate some guidance on which MSc to choose.
I have been accepted both in Durham and Bath University for an MSc in Accounting and Finance and I am in a dilemma.

From what I have gathered, I understand that Durham is considered, in general, a great university ranking highly every year. Ok, but is it that strong in its finance department? Or is it just another department from a generally good uni?

On the other hand there is Bath that of course as a whole cannot compete Durham, but its MSc in Accounting and Finance is highly ranked, has awarded exemptions from the ACCA exams and as far as I hear has a business department that attracts many businesses’ HR departments in career events.

Which one is better? What are your feedback and/or opinions on the above?
If I have any misconceptions please point them out, I would really appreciate any info.

just out of curiosity, which one did you eventually choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending