The Student Room Group

What career were you thinking of doing when you were in school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
my mate wanted to be a basketball player.
I have no idea. I don't know if I even like any subjects, and I am doing all sciences so it is going to be pretty hard if I find out that I don't like science :/
Reply 22
i dont like science either.
There was a few things i wanted to be. During primary school, I remember wanting to be a singer at one point. I also wanted to be an author for ages as well.
Then during secondary school i wanted to be a police woman or a teacher. I was going to go into teaching, but then i did my course at college aiming to be a teaching assistant, but i didnt get anywhere with the teaching assistant jobs i applied for, so im now working in a nursery/after school club.
Reply 24
I've wanted to be a musician as long as I can remember and I'm just now starting to get some good work come through with it, a year after I finished college.
Brace yourself, it's a long list:

Doctor
Airplane Pilot
The person who captured Bin Laden (right around after 9/11 happened)
Construction Worker
Marine Biologist
Environmental Engineer
Professor
Author and Journalist
First Female President
Lawyer
Train Conductor
Farmer
Veterinarian
Astronaut
Firewoman/Policewoman
National Park Ranger

Currently: Work for the United Nations
Reply 26
Primary School: Princess
Secondary School: Princess
College: Princess
University: Probably still a princess.

IT'S A JOB.
Oh god I went through loads. In primary school I had stages of wanting to be a historian, a nurse and Fireman Sam (not any fireman, THE Fireman Sam).
In secondary school, it was actress/journalist/nurse/english teacher. At one point I wanted to be in the QARANC, before realizing that I wouldn't be able to fly out to any of the places because of my damn ears, they can't deal with pressure changes! Now, it's journalist for now (starting Creative Studies degree in September) but eventually I want to be a midwife :smile:
I have wanted to be a lawyer since I was about five and met a rather distant great uncle in the profession - having explained to me about his practice, I thought 'Wow, to be a lawyer. What a noble thing'.
Reply 29
1st grade: Air hostess (now known as cabin crew, I suppose) or a nurse or a dalmation.
2nd grade: Babysitter (I had a babysitter and thought that it had to be the best job ever)
3rd-5th grade: Veterinarian. I then noticed quickly that I was rather bad at science. I thought it only involved saving animals! No one told me anything about biology.
6th grade - 8th grade: I don't think I had any idea at the time. I had a brief fling with the idea of modeling. Dropped that one very quickly.
9th grade: Journalist.
10th grade-12th grade: Writer/author. Was pretty hell-bent on this one.
Now: Going off to uni in september. Still not exactly sure what I want to be.
Primary school - thought they could do with a female Dr Who :sadnod:

Ay, there'd be uproar, but still thought (still think) best job in the world involved whizzing round in a blue box and just popping in and out of respective centuries for fun :turtle:

For what it's worth, I'm now aiming for medical school.
And my last name's Irish and hard to pronounce...
So yeah, I can still pretend :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
All throughout Primary School I was obsessed with books and even wrote a few proper-length books of my own and I wanted to be an author. That dream remained from when I was 5 till I was about 13 or something and realised how impractical that was and writing stopped being an amazing hobby and became a tedious chore I had to do for school.
Then, since I'm good at Business Management as a school subject I wanted to be a businesswoman but again I realised that I have no passion for business and whilst I dont mind the subject I couldnt see myself doing it forever as a career.
So now I'm looking to study my passion - languages - and see where that takes me. Still no idea what exact career I want afterwards though.
pilot
Reply 33
Poilceman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending