The Student Room Group

Hahaha, he still hasn't replied.

Alright, so there's this boy I like, and at a party a few weeks ago he apparently told my friend that he fancied me (while he was very, very drunk, mind you). Now, my other friends told me that she was probably just having a laugh, but today I decided to send him a message (because it's downright impossible to talk to him in person) asking him if he did, because I might as well ask, right? This was about an hour ago and he never replied. I'm currently at a point where I find it quite funny, and I think we can all assume that this means he doesn't fancy me. Either way, I wondered what everyone else made of this. It'll stop being funny in a little while.
Reply 1
you should just chill. sometimes people are preoccupied with things and don't always have their phone with them.
Reply 2
Original post by jamboogy
you should just chill. sometimes people are preoccupied with things and don't always have their phone with them.

Facebook message, dear. And he's still online.
Reply 3
pussies gon' be pussies...
you sent a facebook message asking if he told a friend if he fancied you... that's not cringey at all... if you're < 15 years old.

anyway about not replying, it's only been an hour, sometimes i log on to facebook and then leave my computer and go out/go be busy for ages.

why is it impossible to talk to him in person?
Reply 5
I guess it was courageous to ask him, but at the same time cowardly and stupid to do it over Facebook.
Now if he doesn't reply you'll never have the guts to ask him again. So I guess you'll never know.
awww you sound like me!

Sometimes I will finally build up the courage to ask someone something over facebook/text and they will ignore it and then i will laugh about how ridiculous the situation is until i realise what ive done and get really embarrassed!

Just pretend you never sent the message to yourself lol
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

There wasn't really any reason to be condescending, they were just trying to offer you advice, and as you didn't specify facebook they made a more than reasonable assumption.

The only thing you can do is wait. Maybe he does like you and he doesn't know how to reply. Maybe he doesn't like you and doesn't know how to reply.

I hope that either way he does reply to you, otherwise it is slightly cowardly to just ignore you, especially when you ask such a personal question.
Reply 8
He either hasn't seen it, or is not interested.

Leave it for a while, if by a day or so he hasn't replied, just drop it.
Or he doesn't fancy you (which isn't a bad thing) but then he doesn't want to hurt your feelings by saying "No. I do not like you."
Reply 11
Original post by emcero
There wasn't really any reason to be condescending, they were just trying to offer you advice, and as you didn't specify facebook they made a more than reasonable assumption.

The only thing you can do is wait. Maybe he does like you and he doesn't know how to reply. Maybe he doesn't like you and doesn't know how to reply.

I hope that either way he does reply to you, otherwise it is slightly cowardly to just ignore you, especially when you ask such a personal question.

I wasn't trying to be condescending...I call people dear quite a lot. :s-smilie: I'm sorry if it came across that way.

And it's hard to talk to him in person because although we have lessons together, it's hardly the place to talk about that sort of thing, and I often end up staying behind to sort things out, so he leaves before me. And then it was the holidays so I couldn't see him then, but we were both at a party not long ago and I asked him then, he said that there wasn't any point seeing as we're going to university soon. He was very drunk though, all our mutual friends think he's being an idiot, because according to them, he's told them that he fancies me. But he's a bit of a pain in the ass when he's drunk. Either way, it'll be sorted out soon enough, we go back to school next week.
Reply 12
you shouldn't have asked him if if he fancies you over facebook as what you are doing is asking him to put himself REALLY out there whilst he does not know how you feel at all....

I doubt he will admit it to it truthfully.
Reply 13
I wasn't trying to be condescending...I call people dear quite a lot. :s-smilie: I'm sorry if it came across that way.

And it's hard to talk to him in person because although we have lessons together, it's hardly the place to talk about that sort of thing, and I often end up staying behind to sort things out, so he leaves before me. And then it was the holidays so I couldn't see him then, but we were both at a party not long ago and I asked him then, he said that there wasn't any point seeing as we're going to university soon. He was very drunk though, all our mutual friends think he's being an idiot, because according to them, he's told them that he fancies me. But he's a bit of a pain in the ass when he's drunk. Either way, it'll be sorted out soon enough, we go back to school next week.

Oh okay lol, often these things don't come across the way intended online.
Well if he's told them he fancies you but told you there isn't much point as you're off to uni soon, then he doesn't want to make things hard when you both have to go away. Either way, good luck for next week :smile:
This was about an hour ago and he never replied.

Really?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending