Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your relationship status?

Announcements Posted on

Single. Heartbroken. Guy friend I've been in love with for 9.5 years (we were fwbs for just over a year) is dating one of my best friends. No she didn't / doesn't know how I feel about him.
    Trying to move on, and taking it one day at a time...
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Single
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnabar)
    Single (Recovery Period).

Hopefully I'll get back on my feet (emotionally) over the course of the next year. Now's the time to focus on myself: do the things that I want to do, work on self-improvement and 'power up'.
    You should do them things anyway. With or without a partner.

To the OP - No time for a girlfriend. If I have one I will have no time for her thus making it unfair for her. The are more important things in my life at the moment.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm single.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    My internet persona is markedly different from my manner IRL.. it's a wonder girls take a shine to me at all on here! Mind you, it's a handy 'trial by fire' (assuming they pay much attention to my posts)
    Might be a let-down for those who like your online persona, though.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Single.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been in relationship with my lovely boyfriend for about a year and three months - time really flies when you're having fun!

Very happy, but he lives too far away for my liking and I don't get to see enough of him!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    In a relationship, 20 months
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Single and waiting for a wonderful girl, I hope the exams get out of the way.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Single, just come out of a year and a half relationship. Still living (in a student house) with the douchebag that is my ex.

I want to find someone else to forget about him but I want to properly get over him first which is going to take forever.

Thinking of becoming a nun.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Happily in a 15 month relationship :heart: Sometime feeling like the only non-engaged/newly married person I know, but perfectly happy to keep it that way, thank you very much.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StartSomething)
    I want to find someone else to forget about him but I want to properly get over him first which is going to take forever.
    Therein lies an interesting (though completely off topic) chat to be had: is getting with someone else in order to get over one's ex the right thing to do? :holmes:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Therein lies an interesting (though completely off topic) chat to be had: is getting with someone else in order to get over one's ex the right thing to do? :holmes:
    It's something I've thought about more than once. I think it's the wrong thing to do.
    I want to find someone else to get over him, to make me happy like he did, and to make him jealous. But in reality, in order for me to be happy and to get over him I think I need to spend time with friends and make new ones (as I don't have many) to take my mind off him and allow me to have fun again. Also I wouldn't want to hurt someone else - I wouldn't want to be with someone else while I still love my ex because that's not nice for the other person. And in all honesty I don't think I will find someone I like as much as I liked my ex for a very long time.
    So.. getting with someone else to get over your ex is not the right thing to do.

Single. Interested in a girl who quickly became one of my closest friends, drunk at party - got together, now we don't talk Don't even know why. Think about her everyday.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Single. Not really interested in anyone who's available and not going to go for anyone who isn't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    You should do them things anyway. With or without a partner.
    Oh I do, but at the moment I'll be prioritizing these aspects of my life as opposed to searching for someone new or trying to please others.

Life is full of compromises & sacrifices and I strive to keep a balance, the scales will just be tipped slightly more to my side for awhile!

I try to use all my bad experiences as a fuel to push myself further as a person: I find it very cathartic and it stops me from dwelling on things too much.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Single and just having fun atm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    This is me...sort of.

I'm happy being single and finishing my degree is my main priority

Well I wouldn't say Im overjoyed about being single personally, its just because I'm jobless therefore I wouldn't really consider myself a great catch at the moment particularly!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StartSomething)
    Single, just come out of a year and a half relationship. Still living (in a student house) with the douchebag that is my ex.

Thinking of becoming a nun.
    Oooh, awkward
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think that if you have qualities, characteristics, sensibilities, flaws, brainwaves and desires that happen to genuinely match very well. If you understand each other with so much ease that you can't properly remember what it felt like not to have them as a constant friend. If you developed closeness over time on top of a deep strong sense that something was 'right' about the union, not from butterflies and blinding physical sensations first... Then, you both just know.

It doesn't matter that everyone else would think you're stupid/wrong, that the majority of relationships don't last so statistically speaking yours probably won't. I think some people are just more intuitive, know the parameters: what could happen, how much they are willing to work and for which reasons, to which ends. A -realistic- genuine understanding of themselves and the other person. Realistic being the most important part.

I have been with my current boyfriend for 16 months. We grow closer and stronger every day. We get further in everything we want to do with our lives personally, every sphere is improved. I have never been happier. I'm even much more physically healthy than I've ever been before.

We have had arguments about various things, it's a healthy part of any kind of relationship. Learning about each other, being closely involved with someone, is an active process that continuously involves miscommunications and flares of upset - but they're always so quickly and fully resolved. It's such a pleasure overall.

We will probably get married fairly soon, in a registery office with no trimmings - just need to be able to afford rings and outfits, basically (so 'soon' can be taken quite loosely, could be years yet while we concentrate on other things/university). Starting the beginning of a life together with a full commitment, before we start building everything. It is just our style. It's not right for everyone, but we believe it is the right lifestyle choice for us. We could be wrong.
    We're both 20.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.