The Student Room Group

What's your relationship status?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StartSomething
Not awkward. Just really horrible and sad and hurtful for me :frown:

Awww sweetie, I'm sorry :frown: Can you move out soon? I definitely couldn't deal with living with my ex, it must be awful.
Original post by SleepySheep
Awww sweetie, I'm sorry :frown: Can you move out soon? I definitely couldn't deal with living with my ex, it must be awful.

I'm moving out in July. I think he's moving out in a month or two though. I'm not sure if we're living together next year (at uni). We were supposed to be but I don't know if he has someone else he can live with - hopefully I'll be much more over it come September though!!
Reply 62
I'm seeing someone... Sort of. It's pretty much official now, just not with a title.

It's very exciting though. :smile:
Single with the option of staying that way or going out with guy A who is no good for me or being "friends with benefits" with guy B who is perfect but that would not be good for me.

I shall just stay alone I guess. Plenty of my life left to find someone who's as perfect as guy B but actually wants something real.
Reply 64
Single, and completely in love with the only guy I've been with of 3 years. We broke up really recently. I don't want to be single one bit. So I'm not truly single, I don't want a relationship unless it's him again. So, is there a relationship status that's "Stupidly waiting, stupidly hung up, and STUCK" ?
Reply 65
Original post by Ribbits
Sometimes I think that if you have qualities, characteristics, sensibilities, flaws, brainwaves and desires that happen to genuinely match very well. If you understand each other with so much ease that you can't properly remember what it felt like not to have them as a constant friend. If you developed closeness over time on top of a deep strong sense that something was 'right' about the union, not from butterflies and blinding physical sensations first... Then, you both just know.

It doesn't matter that everyone else would think you're stupid/wrong, that the majority of relationships don't last so statistically speaking yours probably won't. I think some people are just more intuitive, know the parameters: what could happen, how much they are willing to work and for which reasons, to which ends. A -realistic- genuine understanding of themselves and the other person. Realistic being the most important part.

I have been with my current boyfriend for 16 months. We grow closer and stronger every day. We get further in everything we want to do with our lives personally, every sphere is improved. I have never been happier. I'm even much more physically healthy than I've ever been before.

We have had arguments about various things, it's a healthy part of any kind of relationship. Learning about each other, being closely involved with someone, is an active process that continuously involves miscommunications and flares of upset - but they're always so quickly and fully resolved. It's such a pleasure overall.

We will probably get married fairly soon, in a registery office with no trimmings - just need to be able to afford rings and outfits, basically (so 'soon' can be taken quite loosely, could be years yet while we concentrate on other things/university). Starting the beginning of a life together with a full commitment, before we start building everything. It is just our style. It's not right for everyone, but we believe it is the right lifestyle choice for us. We could be wrong.
We're both 20.

Ribbits that's.. incredible. I believe I have something growing with a girl that I know that might develop into something which you describe. I understand you, completely. It's incredible to see (read about) and I think that is the only way that I will go with this girl. I am grinning from ear to ear. :biggrin: Both for you and for me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 66
Thought I would revive this thread :smile: a few days ago the guy I'm seeing officially asked me to be his girlfriend. Kind of exciting but kind of daunting (first boyfriend) - I like him though and we'll see how things go. Have now been going out with him for a month :smile:

Thanks everyone who has shared so far!
Reply 67
Single and not had the best of all relationships. Been used too many times and can't seem to find the right guy, with the right personality.

I've been single for nearly two years now. But have seen a guy for 6 months last year, but unfortunately he used me by cheating with 3 other girls and got a girl pregnant. How stupid was i to not notice!?!

But i still have feelings for one of my ex's, i always will, we get on like a house on fire and he always says he's thinking of me and wanting to be together when he's single. Which kind of strikes me as he doesn't want to be with his current gf?? But she is a bit of a control freak!

I'm hoping to find someone new and with an interesting personality, but want to focus on the important things at the moment.

If anyone fancies a chat, just message :smile:
It's complicated. In a friends-with-benefits relationship without either of us acknowledging it, no-one else knowing, and us both seeing other people whilst lying to the other about it. This can only end in tears.
Original post by Sweet_Heart
It's complicated. In a friends-with-benefits relationship without either of us acknowledging it, no-one else knowing, and us both seeing other people whilst lying to the other about it. This can only end in tears.

Had something very similar to that. Wasn't nice at all...!
Original post by InnerTemple
Had something very similar to that. Wasn't nice at all...!

No, it's not ideal, but I leave for another country in a few months, and I just quite like the intimacy and the attention even if I know that it's a complete dead end. I'm trying not to think about the fact that I'm basically selling myself short haha.
Single, infatuated by a girl I know, waiting till after exams to spend more time with her :smile:
(Kept it anon as some people on here know me)
Reply 72
Bumpie :smile:
single.
bus crush. keeps disappearing and coming back. known him for 5 months now. going strong. still remember him smiling at me. he keeps surprising me at the wrong times!
could write paragraphs but i'm single. cba.
Reply 74
In a relationship. He's in the army though so we haven't seen each other in a while. Still, it's nice when he's home and he loves what he does so it works for us :smile:
Reply 75
Seeing someone I've met at uni, moving in with them next year :3
They actually live in the floor above me in halls, met the, by generally being in the same halls as them.
Really, really think it could turn into good long term stuff :biggrin:
In a relationship for the past 18 months. Status; very happy :smile:
Single (6 months now, ****) and ready to mingle.
Single, male. :biggrin: Where are you "Single girls" from?
Single. Never been in a relationship.

I have been asked out by six different people, but I turned them all down. One of them turned out to be gay, one of them ended up stalking me, and the other four had dated my friends.

I did have feelings for one of my friends which lasted for about 15 months, but after he treated me like dirt, I completely lost interest in him. We don't even speak now. In addition to that, he is gay, so nothing would have happened anyway (he didn't tell me straightaway).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending