Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Questions for Muslims

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok this is an innocent thread and no way criticizing your religion in any way. I am not Muslim myself or religious but I do reside in an area which is heavily populated by Muslims...my best friends are Muslim too. Another thing is this is no way an generalization of every Muslim, its just what I have observed.

Okay so let me start with my friends. I have lots of Muslim friends and I would say around 80% of them are bad Muslims (in terms of what is haram and what is not) in that most of them drink, some of them smoke weed, some of them knowingly eat haram food (i.e Gelatin) and most of them have had sex before marriage.

From the Muslims that I have met and seen around (not my friends). Most of them I have seen either drinking alcohol, smoking weed, messing around with girls etc. The girls are also guilty with this in that I would say most of them (that I have seen) have boyfriends and presumably have had sex.

Due to British culture and young culture nowadays I think its safe to say (I might be wrong here) that I can estimate this sort of the behaviour is done by around at least 50% of young British Muslims in England. No I have not studied this or anything but due to my experience I have made this assumption. Anyone who says otherwise is either really deluded or ignorant.

Muslims of TSR you have probably committed one of these sins or know someone who has. There are countless threads of Muslims either having gf/bfs, drinking, clubbing etc.

I can safely assume that these Muslims were aware of their behaviour as they were doing it so my questions to the TSR Muslim commuity are -

Due to strict Islam laws do you think these people will go to heaven?

Do you think Allah will forgive them?

Do you still call them Muslims?

How does this behaviour differ from non-Muslims (or infidels)?

Why do so many Muslims exhibit this behaviour and still expect to go to heaven? Doesn't that just make it all pointless?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    I can safely assume that these Muslims were aware of their behaviour as they were doing it so my questions to the TSR Muslim commuity are -

Why do so many Muslims exhibit this behaviour and still expect to go to heaven? Doesn't that just make it all pointless?
    I think most of those questions are unanswerable. Whether or not they will go to Heaven, whether or not they get forgiven, whether or not they deserve the title of "Muslim" depends on lots of internal thoughts, attitudes and intentions which only they (and God) know anything about. We can't base an answer on information we don't have. The answer would most likely be different for each one of these people anyway.

What I would say is that, it appears you regard them as "Muslims" (and refer to them as such in your post) most likely because they are from families which perhaps came over from Islamic countries, have cultural traits typically considered "Islamic' etc. But in actual fact, being a Muslim isn't about which club or community you belong to. There is a lot of ambiguity when this word is used. We need to clarify whether we mean "Muslim", just in the sense of belonging to a certain community, or "Muslim" in the sense of genuinely believing in and submitting to God.

Some of those people may be absolutely no different from non-Muslims (though perhaps due to cultural influence they still have names like Ahmed and Abdullah etc.). It's not as though they believe God will punish them for drinking, but they still drink anyway. They drink for the same reason any other non-Muslim would. The fact that they happen to belong to a Muslim community is rather irrelevant - it isn't going to be much help to them as far as final judgement is concerned. For all intents and purposes they aren't any more Muslim than any other average person.

Or some of them may be Muslims in belief and attitude, but not particularly good at resisting temptation or peer pressure.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Due to strict Islam laws do you think these people will go to heaven? We believe God is forgiving, and as long as these individuals really have the intention of 'repenting' in their hearts then Yes. God knows what's in their heart.

Do you think Allah will forgive them? Pretty much answered above

Do you still call them Muslims? Yes we do, or I do.... No matter how much they dabble in things that aren't deemed 'Islamic' they are still Muslim by name.

How does this behaviour differ from non-Muslims (or infidels)? I guess you could say that the Muslim individuals are aware they are forbidden from these things, whereas MAYBE for non-Muslims this is part of their culture, so it is normalized in their minds.

Why do so many Muslims exhibit this behaviour and still expect to go to heaven? Doesn't that just make it all pointless? It's the whole contrasts between this life and the after and trying to resist the temptations of this life, in these times it's getting increasingly difficult for some to not do those things and sometimes they may realise later that this is not the life they want and they want to be forgiven
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Islam is not just about the belief but also the practice... If you claim you are a Muslim yet you do all of these deeds mentioned above then you are not a strict one and you will receive your punishment for these acts. Allah is all-forgiving but only he knows whether you truly asked for forgiveness after committing the sins...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I think it's not Answer you can find here what you could do is talk to your Muslim friend or speak to one of Muslim teacher if you want to know about it as people on here will give you wrong wrong some might be true or false.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Committing sins in Islam does not make you a non-Muslim. As long as you believe in "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad PBUH is his final messenger", you are Muslim. If you die with all the sins in the world, but believe in this statement sincerely, you CAN be forgiven. Obviously, these people have a chance of repenting before they die. Also, no one can say if anyone will or will not go to heaven.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Islamic laws are not strict rather what is prohibited is only what is bad for you.

The Quran tells us that God will forgive any sin no matter how big it is if the sinner knows what they have done is wrong and has the intention to never go back to their old ways they will be forgiven.

Anyone who believes in Islam in their heart is a Muslim.

This difference is that none of us are sinless but if a Muslim has sinned he knows what he has done is wrong and turns to God alone to ask for forgivness when he has sinned not to anyone or anything else (btw the correct word would be disbelievers the word infidel actually comes from the catholic church)

If they are involved in this behaviour and do not sincerly repent then they will be punished by God either in this life or the hereafter.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.