Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
  • View Poll Results: Who did you apply for?
    Norwood House
    13.47%
    Eastwood House
    10.36%
    Brendon Court
    1.04%
    Westwood
    12.44%
    Sols/Marl Court
    30.05%
    John Wood (standard)
    3.11%
    John Wood (ensuite)
    4.66%
    Polden Court
    4.15%
    Carpenter House
    1.04%
    Osborne House (standard)
    3.11%
    Osborne House (studio)
    1.04%
    Woodland Court
    15.54%

• 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I may or may not be a second year architect called Matt :teehee:

I like to be mysterious :ninja:

p.s. I think we took over this thread somewhat :awesome:
    :hi:
    HAHAHA!!!! the ninja does the eye thing!!!

I already knew that!! :shock: :lolwut: :gah: ur name>about me>public profile>architecture-er

:sparta::lockstock: hell yeh we did(atleast the 14th page )!!!!

:woo::woo::woo:
    Note: sorry foghornleghorn!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All the bedroom pictures that I've seen of Woodland court have a horrible green feature wall.. Does anybody whose stayed there before know if that's the case with all of the bedrooms?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys I haven't firmed Bath yet but am going to after talking to my parents about it....just one question, if I don't firm Bath until the UCAS deadline...will I still get the same options of accommodation as people applying now? Sorry if the grammar is rubbish Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennyjelly)
    Guys I haven't firmed Bath yet but am going to after talking to my parents about it....just one question, if I don't firm Bath until the UCAS deadline...will I still get the same options of accommodation as people applying now? Sorry if the grammar is rubbish Thanks!
    Depends. If an accommodation type becomes too popular they usualy take it off. So if it's still there then pick it, if not you'll need to think of an alternative. Obviously the longer you leave it, the less likely you are to get it, but also remember that not everyone that applies meets their conditions so you've still got a farily decent chance.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichelleLeila)
    All the bedroom pictures that I've seen of Woodland court have a horrible green feature wall.. Does anybody whose stayed there before know if that's the case with all of the bedrooms?
    LOL that's what I thought. But when I went to visit, some girls let us into their room there and her walls were purple, some were white. I didn't actually see any green lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizM_94)
    LOL that's what I thought. But when I went to visit, some girls let us into their room there and her walls were purple, some were white. I didn't actually see any green lol.
    Yay!!! I looked at the pictures and immediately thought "WHY?!"
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay!!! I looked at the pictures and immediately thought "WHY?!"
    LOOOL ahaha what you studying there then? And seriously I don't get why they put green! Such a random colour LOL
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizM_94)
    LOOOL ahaha what you studying there then? And seriously I don't get why they put green! Such a random colour LOL
    Random.. But more importantly, ugly lol. Studying Social Sciences, you? I only firmed a couple of days ago so can't apply for accom yet.. Wish they'd hurry up because its first come first serve isn't it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. I'm sure it won't look too bad though when you actually see it. TBF compared to the one I chose, it looks 5 star lol.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	141114  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Random.. But more importantly, ugly lol. Studying Social Sciences, you? I only firmed a couple of days ago so can't apply for accom yet.. Wish they'd hurry up because its first come first serve isn't it?
    It says it should only take 24hrs after you firm for you to be able to apply for accommodation. If not then you should phone up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    It says it should only take 24hrs after you firm for you to be able to apply for accommodation. If not then you should phone up.
    I firmed on Friday but they were closed over easter until Tuesday so if I haven't herd by tomorrow, I'll call.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. I'm sure it won't look too bad though when you actually see it. TBF compared to the one I chose, it looks 5 star lol.
    But unlike me, you'll probably be able to afford to eat.. Lol swings and round-a-bouts!
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    :yep: It is first come first serves!!! Btw why is green ugly!!!! :lolwut:
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    But unlike me, you'll probably be able to afford to eat.. Lol swings and round-a-bouts!
    Sorry to interrupt!!! but wat did u mean by swings and round-a-bouts???? (did not get the joke ) :eyeball:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well i do love my alcohol food. :ninja:
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well i do love my alcohol food. :ninja:
    LOL!!! but how do u dat thing!!! Cancelling the word????
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah Sociology and social policy . Same department then lol and so you putting Woodland court? Ah I swear after a day you can apply?!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I firmed on Friday but they were closed over easter until Tuesday so if I haven't herd by tomorrow, I'll call.
    I didn't get anything from Bath saying I could apply for accommodation after I firmed. I just went onto the website a couple of days later and it worked. Have you tried? The link is http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accom...elp/index.html
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyk)
    I didn't get anything from Bath saying I could apply for accommodation after I firmed. I just went onto the website a couple of days later and it worked. Have you tried? The link is http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accom...elp/index.html
    No :no: they do send u a mail saying that u should apply for accommodation now!!!

I got it after 2 days!! so it mite just some time!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyk)
    No it takes up to 24 hours for the system to update but I think they do it at like 9 each morning (could be wrong). You don't get an email, it just works when you try to register. It will just be because of the closed over easter thing

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 4, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.