The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Hemzo
Thanks! Just incase if I decide to firm Bath, I would still like to have Norwood or Westwood as an option :biggrin:

hm i think so. But they may remove it when there is high demand. So do it ASAP :cool:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 301
Original post by iahnyh
I ll think about it :colone: I may change to Woodland ( but the price may stop me :frown: )

Ackk!!! C'mon 10 pounds extra a week to be treated like a princess!! :colondollar: Its worth it!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Nikstar95
Ackk!!! C'mon 10 pounds extra a week to be treated like a princess!! :colondollar: Its worth it!!! :biggrin:

Yeah but that's an extra £380 for the year. That's 10 nights out or a whole load of train and bus tickets or 30 bottles of vodka or a takeaway once a week or extra treats on your weekly shopping or a few trips to london or money toward a summer holiday or even just £380 saved for next year. It adds up lol.
Reply 303
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Yeah but that's an extra £380 for the year. That's 10 nights out or a whole load of train and bus tickets or 30 bottles of vodka or a takeaway once a week or extra treats on your weekly shopping or a few trips to london or money toward a summer holiday or even just £380 saved for next year. It adds up lol.

LOL!!!! :lol: :u:

WOW!! U opened my eyes... I had no idea u could do so much in 380 pounds!!!! :eek:

HAHA!! its a good thing I applied for Sols/Marls!! :smile:

BTW .... :yikes: 30 bottles of vodka ....:crazy:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 304

Takeaway reminds me Can I order food on campus to my room...as in can I order dominoes to my doorstep???? If not that If I supposingly order a PS3 game online can they deliver it to my room directly or is it deposited in the lobby and I pick it up from there???
Takeaway reminds me Can I order food on campus to my room...as in can I order dominoes to my doorstep???? If not that If I supposingly order a PS3 game online can they deliver it to my room directly or is it deposited in the lobby and I pick it up from there???

Not sure. Obviously you can order things by post and takeaways to be delivered but I would assume it depends on the set up of the actual accommodation building on whether it is sent to the lobby where you have to pick it up or it is brought straight to your room. I would imagine the smaller accommodation builds are similar to flats there there is no lobby, just a front door with some buzzers for each individual flat. Whereas in the larger places there will be a lobby entrance where your post is delivered etc.

But I'm not 100%, you'd have to ask a current student.
Reply 306

Well, just found out that I can not change my application anymore since i submitted it :wtf:
Reply 307
Original post by iahnyh
Well, just found out that I can not change my application anymore since i submitted it :wtf:

:nah: No... u can !!!! U just delete your application and make a new one and submit that!! And send an email to the admissions dept. saying you changed your mind due to some misunderstanding!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well.... I'm not a 100% sure but I'm pretty confident!!! :smile:
Reply 308
Not sure. Obviously you can order things by post and takeaways to be delivered but I would assume it depends on the set up of the actual accommodation building on whether it is sent to the lobby where you have to pick it up or it is brought straight to your room. I would imagine the smaller accommodation builds are similar to flats there there is no lobby, just a front door with some buzzers for each individual flat. Whereas in the larger places there will be a lobby entrance where your post is delivered etc.

But I'm not 100%, you'd have to ask a current student.

Ohhhh !!! Thankz anyways :smile:
Reply 309
Original post by iahnyh

Norwood house is an excellent choice for accommodation, I think it's the only hall that has a lounge that overlooks the Parade and it's very social too. But if you want to go for Woodland Court, I'm sure a quick phonecall/email will sort things out. They're unbelievably efficient!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 310
Where's this new osborne house? It doesn't seem to be on the map and there is only one picture of the outside of it.

That does seem weird, tried looking on their website and it just redirects you to Norwood parade when you want to see a picture of it.

On the Bath website it says: Osborne House offers a variety of accommodation, including several self-contained studios.
It's located on the edge of campus five minutes walk from the library.

Edit: It's just outside their campus according to this map

http://www.cwct.co.uk/about/campusmap.pdf (Look for number 9)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 311
Original post by Hemzo
Norwood house is an excellent choice for accommodation, I think it's the only hall that has a lounge that overlooks the Parade and it's very social too. But if you want to go for Woodland Court, I'm sure a quick phonecall/email will sort things out. They're unbelievably efficient!

Thanks for ur advice :smile: but i think ill keep my Norwood choice since its central and nearer to the library. Anyway sharing bathroom is not so comfortable for me but its time to get used to it :tongue:
Reply 312
Original post by iahnyh
Thanks for ur advice :smile: but i think ill keep my Norwood choice since its central and nearer to the library. Anyway sharing bathroom is not so comfortable for me but its time to get used to it :tongue:

That's understandable, I think there's only about 11 people you share with, which doesn't sound too bad considering that in some universities, you share with a lot more people :tongue:

Yeah, most of the people I talked to said that it didn't really bother them in the end, so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 313
It's not even on campus lol. ****, should have chose eastwood probably going to miss out on **** load now!

Haha, I've still yet to choose mine :tongue:

Which accommodation did you go for?
Reply 314
It's not even on campus lol. ****, should have chose eastwood probably going to miss out on **** load now!

But are you sure you cant change your application because I'm very confident you can!!! I guess you should change it before its too late!! :smile:

Takeaways you have to pick up from the bus stop and any online orders go to the mail room and then you have to go there to collect it.
Reply 316
Original post by ChelseyElla
Takeaways you have to pick up from the bus stop and any online orders go to the mail room and then you have to go there to collect it.

Ohhh!!! Thankz for the info. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yayyyy...Sols/Marls are very close to the bus stop so I can easily order takeaway!! :smile:
Original post by yzarcemina
just been looking at the accommodation pictures and i just realized that the closets are so small! I'm never going to be able to fit all my clothes in. Can we bring in extra furniture? like the portable kind.
oh and is there storage space outside of the room? where do you guys keep your luggage?
PS: lol i never realized the colour of the walls before, much less considered it a factor to consider :smile:

There isn't a rule against it but you'd be lucky to have space to move in extra furniture! There isn't storage space outside of rooms. You have to hope your suitcase will fit under your bed.

Original post by yzarcemina
btw can you apply for Brendon court but want it to be self-catered? I mean is there an option or if you choose brendon court then it must be catered?

The catered option is new this year but you can still pick non-catered for Brendon Court
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 318
Just standard so I'll either get one with a washbasin or one without.

In Eastwood?
Reply 319
Original post by iahnyh
I chose Norwood hahah :colondollar: I wonder how the communal bathroom looks like in Norwood. Anyone has picture of it?
Now I feel kinda regret not choosin suit bathroom :s-smilie:

Yay I'm in Norwood too :biggrin:. Looked like really big rooms and it's really central. Plus it's got it's own common room. I'm sure you'll like it.

Quick Reply

Latest