The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RibenaRockstar
Trolololol.

Today too. I can't shower until 12. =/

Ugh.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Today too. I can't shower until 12. =/

Ugh.

So I'm sitting here in the tower block comfort above the SU looking out across the parched wasteland of a desert that is the East Accommodation. Once again, trolololol.

Incidentally, what times are your radiators on? Ours seem to only be in the daytime, which is great when we happen to be in then but awful for sleeping.
So I'm sitting here in the tower block comfort above the SU looking out across the parched wasteland of a desert that is the East Accommodation. Once again, trolololol.

Incidentally, what times are your radiators on? Ours seem to only be in the daytime, which is great when we happen to be in then but awful for sleeping.

And when I said 12 I meant 2. But no worries, we were emailed at 1 and told there would be no disruption. Well, **** you very much.

I don't know, I turned mine off as soon as I got here. And I'm using a hot water bottle most nights as I feel like crap.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
And when I said 12 I meant 2. But no worries, we were emailed at 1 and told there would be no disruption. Well, **** you very much.

I don't know, I turned mine off as soon as I got here. And I'm using a hot water bottle most nights as I feel like crap.

Your building probably has better heat retention than ours - the huge windows do have their disadvantages.

And that's not good :frown: hot chocolate/ibuprofen?
Your building probably has better heat retention than ours - the huge windows do have their disadvantages.

And that's not good :frown: hot chocolate/ibuprofen?

And the sun's glare is mildly annoying :tongue:

Been on the Lemsips. Got problem sheets due tomorrow and just been struggling. Ugh.
Could someone do a Woodland Court vs Solsbury Court vs Marlborough Court vs Polden Court vs Osborne House please? Pretty please ;:wink:
Reply 966
anyone else having trouble registering?
Original post by alice2205
anyone else having trouble registering?

What kind of problems are you having?

Did you allow 48 hours after making the university your firm choice?
Reply 968
Original post by Student-95
What kind of problems are you having?

Did you allow 48 hours after making the university your firm choice?

Ah I haven't - I'll give it another day :smile: thanks
Anyone that picked polden, beware, there is a killer badger that has claimed the lives of 3 students this year. Police are making every effort to track down the badger but it's hard to find as the campus is so big, it could be hiding anywhere. There's a possibilty the badger is paying the ducks to hide him.

Also the ducks run an organised crime bracket, just stay way from them and don't make eye contact. They've been known to harrass students that get too close to their business.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello everyone i was wondering if one of you could help me out, my offer is uncondiational because i am on a gap year and i just firmed it today expecting there to still be full-ish accomodation choice for someone with an unconditional firm already, however i just tried to apply and realised that marlborough and solsbury and woodland are all taken off the list already due to high demand...
I really wanted something en-suite after sharing boarding school rank showers for half my life and i was really looking forward to it..
anyone else been in a similar situation? know of any other way into marlborough & solsbury or woodland? especially since i already have my bloody place..

Cheers help appeciated in advance x
Original post by karlgherman
Hello everyone i was wondering if one of you could help me out, my offer is uncondiational because i am on a gap year and i just firmed it today expecting there to still be full-ish accomodation choice for someone with an unconditional firm already, however i just tried to apply and realised that marlborough and solsbury and woodland are all taken off the list already due to high demand...
I really wanted something en-suite after sharing boarding school rank showers for half my life and i was really looking forward to it..
anyone else been in a similar situation? know of any other way into marlborough & solsbury or woodland? especially since i already have my bloody place..

Not that I know of. If you had applied for accommodation before the complex was oversubscribed then you would be pretty much guaranteed a place seeing as your offer is already an unconditional firm. You will almost certainly be given your first choice but by this stage, a lot of them have been removed so you'd best apply ASAP.
Original post by karlgherman

Non en suite really isn't as bad as you think - I'm imagining the 'boarding school rank showers' to be rather like the ones I had to use while I was at Oxford for interviews which were awful - the showers here are really good and you have lots of privacy and stuff. :smile:
im so bummed there are only 3 accomodation types left!!! :frown: I wanted Osbourne ensuite shower but no ensuite campus are available :frown: ahhhh do you think we'll be able to change once we get there, if theres space??
Reply 974
Original post by igcsecrazy
im so bummed there are only 3 accomodation types left!!! :frown: I wanted Osbourne ensuite shower but no ensuite campus are available :frown: ahhhh do you think we'll be able to change once we get there, if theres space??

You are on 2012-2013 thread. You need to post on 2013-2014. Here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2307779&page=9
Reply 975
Why is everyone so much into sols/marl? Why is it better than Polden or Woodland? Since this is from 2012-2013, I assume you all have already been to Bath, so can someone tell me the differences between these three accommodations and which one is better? Thank you :smile:
Original post by mmt34
Why is everyone so much into sols/marl? Why is it better than Polden or Woodland? Since this is from 2012-2013, I assume you all have already been to Bath, so can someone tell me the differences between these three accommodations and which one is better? Thank you :smile:

They're cheaper than Woodland, the flat sizes are smaller so it's got more of a communal feel and it's more social because (massive generalisation ahead) there are quite a few international students in Woodland who don't leave their rooms much. I don't know anyone in Polden, but I assume it's the most unpopular of the three because it's catered, which works out more expensive unless you plan on eating out every day anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest