The Student Room Group

Men of all ages ! What girly music do you listen to?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frankie 007
I know it is by Aqua, it's just more fun to sing it out! It would have felt so much more boring to write "I like one song by Aqua"...

Dr Jones is better
I'm ashamed but this is at the moment my favourite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0
Reply 182
For me the list is rather long:

Marina and the Diamonds
Eliza Doolittle
The Staves
Ellie Goulding
Rihanna
Beyonce
Katy Perry
Daughter
One Direction
Taylor Swift

and that was just on a quick scroll up my Spotify library
Avril Lavigne
Reply 184
[video="youtube;Us0mos981pM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us0mos981pM[/video]
Original post by Jon25
I listen to Avril Lavigne.

Avril Lavign and the Spice Girls
lana del rey :colondollar:
Reply 187
Cyndi Lauper anyone, girls just wanna...?

But no I have to admit that although im fairly vocal if I dont like the music being played I will listen to a fairly wide range happily and will freely admit that includes plenty of 'girly music' whatever.

I didn't have a lot of access to music throughout high school years as I was at boarding school (single sex, very structured, hated it, but it got me where I am now so..) and it just wasnt really an option, although I managed to squeeze in a bit of Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, the odd play of Aqua because lets face it, who didnt, all quite liked some of Tatu's and Maroon 5's songs, Kelly Clarkson has also produced some plausible tunes. At 6th form I went went thought a bit of a phase of hanging with the rock/metal people, which I did a bit of in 1st/2nd year of uni also getting into Ska. Still like rock music but never really got into metal. Pretty much anything on the radio goes, bar the one-directions of the world Alice Deejay and associated tunes have also had a bit of a come back after her recent sample.

Somewhat 'guilty' pleasures, some of which are actually quite good, include:
La Roux
Katy Perry
Taylor Swift
Katy B
Carly Rae Jepson
Ellza Doolittle
Inna - Sun is up
Robyn
September- cry for me
Jonas brothers recent song
Rihanna

Genuinely good tunes some people would consider girly.
KT Tunstall - cant beat a loop pedal!
Marina and the Diamonds
Florence+the Machine
Ellie Goulding
No Doubt
Dido
Avicii / Bass hunter?

Also to a lesser extent now
Evanescence
Lacuna Coil

Where do you draw the line?
Bryan Adams - Summer of...
Calvin Harris
Coldplay
Example
Foster the people
Good Charlotte
HardFi
Imagine Dragons
Joy Division
Kasiabian
MGMT
SHM?
The Fray

Im just going through my phone now picking out stuff thats less manly than Rage Against the Machine, and some people would consider that a bit soft for what it is.

I also know a girl who dropped out of my course to become an international DJ, and five six years on appears to be doing all right on it. She plays hard house mainly.

Original post by moggis
How can I tell you've got a wonderful personality?

Your helpful nature and enthusiasm are self-evident from your posts lucine.

My God you even get me lol and ha ha ing.

You must be the most infectious person on this forum,lol.

Er,infectious personality wise that is,ha ha:smile:

And its obviously not fake.Cant be fake-no Sir.

You made me laugh when you said the DJs Ive seen didn't have good personalities cos of what I said.

Their personality didn't come into it.If the musics not good enough then your personalty doesn't make too big a difference.

The music comes first,innit:smile:

Aww well i do like to help :tongue: :blush:
Pahahahahahaha i am literally ROFLing right now :hahaha:

Haha infectious?! Did not know that- good to know thanks...but how is it infectious???
HAHA LOL 'no Sir'!?! I love that :biggrin:
Haha i did??? Well what is life without a little laughter?! Thats what i always say :wink:
Ah yh that makes total sense.
Of course!!! :^_^:

I don't think i've ever said 'haha' quite so many times you Sir have me hahahaing way more than usual

Also sorry for extremely late reply i didn't actually see this till now haha...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 189
Lana Del Rey. Just ****ing incredible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
Original post by Johnm75
Lana Del Rey. Just ****ing incredible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

SO TRUE, probably one of the few female artists I can listen to with my head held high B-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does girly = ****? Women can make good music too. I'm a big Kate Bush fan, she is really girly.

Beach House:

I'm partial to a bit of Lauryn Hill too :cool:
Reply 192
Does female vocal trance or chillstep count? I listen to that a lot, especially AVB and ATB.
Reply 193
People who think anything by a woman is automatically 'girly' :stupid: and anyway there's nothing embarassing with men not listening to 'masculine' music. Honestly are we living in the dark ages or something :facepalm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 194
Original post by Pendulum3
I'm ashamed but this is at the moment my favourite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

You are joking.. what is there to be ashamed of, that's an amazing song
All of it, probably.
Has any one heard of the song where the girl moans to constant penetration

Music to my ears :blow:

Original post by S4LM4N
People who think anything by a woman is automatically 'girly' :stupid: and anyway there's nothing embarassing with men not listening to 'masculine' music. Honestly are we living in the dark ages or something :facepalm:

No do not worry it is not that

I think you are just ***
Reply 197
Original post by S4LM4N
People who think anything by a woman is automatically 'girly' ? and anyway there's nothing embarrassing with men not listening to 'masculine' music. Honestly are we living in the dark ages or something
:biggrin:
I like a few Vanessa Carlton songs.
Reply 199
I have to admit...Carly ray jepson "call me maybe" one of the most played songs on my iPod :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest