The Student Room Group

Men of all ages ! What girly music do you listen to?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Chris Brown - Forever, With you
Justin Timberlake
Bieber - Baby, baby ohh etc
Nelly Furtado
Reply 121
I have James Blunt on my iPod, and what?!
Reply 122
this isn't girly but I also have The Beautiful South on my iPod and know the words to every single song. As a 20 year old male, I probably shouldn't admit that but they made awesome music.
i dont know if jamiroquai counts as girly?
Reply 124
90's
Does Little Dragon count?

Yukumi is awesome.

But in general don't like female artists (or at least those where being female is a key factor in their tracks). 99% of such artists just make songs about men, in one form or another.
Reply 126
Original post by Dorito
this isn't girly but I also have The Beautiful South on my iPod and know the words to every single song. As a 20 year old male, I probably shouldn't admit that but they made awesome music.

I know pretty much all of their songs to, never heard anyone else mention them though, even those people who adore all things 'indie'.

I'm not sure whether Paloma Faith counts as 'girly', however I do have her first album which contains some fairly light (pop style) tracks.

And for some reason I enjoy Avril Lavigne, I don't know why, it just seems to happen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KagvExF-ijc&NR=1&feature=endscreen . :colondollar:
Original post by Frankie 007
I'm a barbie giiiiiirl, in a barbie woooooorld!!!!!!

Just checked the lyrics. They have stuff like "undress me everywhere", "make me beg on my knees". :eek:
[video="youtube;rpF0IhA7vPQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpF0IhA7vPQ[/video]
Original post by Stevo112
only country music really but...

Colbie Caillat

Taylor Swift (increasingly less)

Carrie Underwood

basically any female modern country singer :smile:

Good shout on Colbie... she's brilliant.
Reply 130
Taylor Swift!!! She is so talented and beautiful. My celebrity crush. I fantasize about her like every day and I bet I am not alone on that one. :tongue:
Reply 131
Original post by Multitalented me
Some of my favourite "girly songs" & no I am not ashamed :cool:

Perfect two! Absolute gem :biggrin:!

also britney spears
Reply 132
Relates to girls I guess?
I have Lana Del Rey's entire discography on my iPod and I saw her at her concert last week. She was amazing!

Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are my other two "girly" pop artists that I listen to a lot.
Tiffany Alvord!
Reply 135
Original post by HighwayUnicorn
I have Lana Del Rey's entire discography on my iPod and I saw her at her concert last week. She was amazing!

Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are my other two "girly" pop artists that I listen to a lot.

your name is highway unicorn, i'm onto you monster... :wink:
Original post by Blashnet
your name is highway unicorn, i'm onto you monster... :wink:

:mmm:
Reply 137
Female singer-song writers really... Colbie Caillat, Gabrielle Aplin, Ellie Goulding, Marina + Diamonds, Florence + the machine, Corinne Bailey Rae.

And finally, Vengaboys :colondollar:

No shame??
Reply 138
I never realised men and women had their own type of music.

My housemates find some of the music I listen too hilarious because I listen to Celine Dion depending on my mood.
Reply 139
Well...my favourite singers are Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Marina & The Diamonds, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Saturdays, Avril Lavigne, Kesha and Christina Aguilera so you can judge that yourselves. And I don't just mean I'm a casual fan either :redface:

Oh, and Maroon 5 (mainly the first three albums) and The Ting Tings too but I would't say they're quite girly enough for the list :P
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest