The Student Room Group

Men of all ages ! What girly music do you listen to?

Scroll to see replies

I usually like to think I have a good taste in music but guilty pleasures include: Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj ... as men aren't supposed to like mainstream pop-crap like that but I do
I think old Madonna is pretty sweet
Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson off the top of my head are my two guilty pleasures. :ahee:
Pop Punk with the central idea of love....:redface:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kate Bush :adore:
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Pop Punk with the central idea of love....:redface:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Such as? The Summer Set/Every Avenue etc?
This is the purpose of pop. Guilty pleasures :colone:
Mayday Parade mostly.. I don't care to mention any minor ones.
Reply 148
I have everything ABBA ever recorded. IMO, Bjorn and Benny are the greatest songwriters ever and surpass Lennon & McCartney by miles... I usually listen to screaming loud crazy metal sort of stuff so ABBA are a bit different for me. I also like Michael Bolton, Bjork - who I think is a musical genius and............................... Take That! Gary Barlow is an insane songwriter! I got most of their suff too. I don't think you can really call music girly... It normally implies that young girls fancy one or a few of the band members and like them coz they wanna marry them sort of thing or whatever ridiculous things they do. I literally cannot stand any of the "Simon Cowell" acts. I can't wait for the day when youngsters wise up and it dies a death but then again, judging how stupid alot of youngsters are when it comes to music and being suckered in to lining Cowell's pockets, I'm not holding my breath.
I like Kate Bush. But she was/is very talented. She wrote all of her music, and burst onto the scene at such a young age.

Wuthering Heights and Running Up That Hill are very good songs.
Reply 150
Bump... cos I'm bored.
Girly music? Justin beiber, one direction and union j

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by OedipusTheKing
Kate Bush :adore:

Does this count as girly music?:confused:
Taylor Swift. Of course.
Reply 154
Avril Lavigne, Carly Rae Jepson, t.A. T.u. are a few, though the female artists I listen to mostly do things that aren't inherently girly
Quick question, how are these artists 'girly'??? Sure some of the songs are about women empowerment but they i suppose in my opinion are good all-round artists.
I guess you may be ashamed to have say J.B on your ipod i'm not really a fan of his but i can see why you may feel that way. Just simply asking why these artists and their songs are considered 'girly'

P.S not trying to start an argument i am just intrigued.
(edited 10 years ago)
Looks like someone wants a boyfriend.... Well ur came to the right place my are T.Swift kesha little mix bridget mendler ellie goulding demi lovato evansence selena gomez please no miley cyrus bella thorne victoria justice miranda cosgrove ariana grande jessi g and more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Original post by lucine.B
Quick question, how are these artists 'girly'??? Sure some of the songs are about women empowerment but they i suppose in my opinion are good all-round artists.
I guess you may be ashamed to have say J.B on your ipod i'm not really a fan of his but i can see why you may feel that way. Just simply asking why these artists and their songs are considered 'girly'

P.S not trying to start an argument i am just intrigued.

Yeah,I agree as far as some of these are concerned i.e. not really girly.

Maybe the definition is music you wouldn't admit to liking to a bar full of strange men:smile:

By that definition i reckon Kate Bush is not girly
Original post by moggis
Yeah,I agree as far as some of these are concerned i.e. not really girly.

Maybe the definition is music you wouldn't admit to liking to a bar full of strange men:smile:

By that definition i reckon Kate Bush is not girly

Ah ok cool, i thought so. I think we all have those haha no just guys :smile:

Yeah i don't think she is at all. Thanks for clearing that up for me :h:
Reply 159
Original post by lucine.B
Ah ok cool, i thought so. I think we all have those haha no just guys :smile:

Yeah i don't think she is at all. Thanks for clearing that up for me :h:

Glad to be of service.

As it happens,you're in a position to help me out with something.

I checked you out and see that your interests are music,music and music.:smile:

I've always wanted to know why there aren't more female DJs.

Of course I know there are quite a few but nowhere near as many as male ones.

Have you ever even thought about DJing?

And,if not,why not?

Basically Im trying to find out if its the women themselves who are denying themselves this job or if its the market or other factors.

(OH,I hope its ok to do this on this thread.)
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest