Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS students: how far are you in your revision?

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmine)
    Yeah, i am doing Gold
    we did 2 days only... how many miles are you walking?
    It was horrible at times, but very rewarding. Don't give up even if you're on a big hill and look up and see there is even further to go!!
    Ughh I know, I hate hills :P we are doing 7 tors on our last day on the assessed...I think I may die
    I don't know it in miles but on the assessed overall we're doing about 88km I think .. and about 60km next week. You? Did you do bronze/silver?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only started revision yesterday one of my friends has been revising for months! Have put together a rather ambitious revision timetable with 6 hours a day of revision. Am already behind!!! Is it better to do exam papers or just copy out notes/ do revision workbooks? I spent the entire Christmas holidays revising for just 4 exams, but this time I've got three times as many and less free time to revise And we haven't even finished the course for physics, further maths and chemistry! We have a whole section on Quantum Mechanics in physics to learn, which sounds rather frightening with only 6 weeks until the exam! Anyone else panicking!?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -strawberry-)
    Ughh I know, I hate hills :P we are doing 7 tors on our last day on the assessed...I think I may die
    I don't know it in miles but on the assessed overall we're doing about 88km I think .. and about 60km next week. You? Did you do bronze/silver?
    Haha
    Wow, 60 km next week? We only did 18 miles last weekend.
    Is this your first practice expedition for Gold? And nope, i am a direct golder!!:P
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Starting properly in a few minutes...well I hope I do.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmine)
    Haha
    Wow, 60 km next week? We only did 18 miles last weekend.
    Is this your first practice expedition for Gold? And nope, i am a direct golder!!:P
    Yeah, first practice for gold although we have done quite a few 2-day expeds every so often and I did bronze so I'm quite used to them, the extra day will be tough though, I can tell!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many pages of notes has people done im starting to think i have done way too much
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got all 8 exams in june & I already have my notes from unit 1 in all my subjects which I did in Jan, & have not touched ever since .

As for unit 2:
    • Biology- all notes are done I just have to do as many past papers as possible & memorise as much as possible .
    • Chemistry- same as biology except I'm gonna need a lot more practise in this subject.
    • Physics- 1/2 my notes & past papers still need to be done.
    • Psychology- 3/4 of my notes done & I'll try to fit in a few past papers but I'm not too fussed about this subject.

I just hope I have enough brain capacity to remember everything, coz even though I revise a lot I can never find a way to keep all the info in my head for more than a few hours. Any tips?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna start on Sunday but I'm ill (always happens at the beginning of every holiday) and I'm still not feeling well so I might start tomorrow :/
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cera ess six)
    How many pages of notes has people done im starting to think i have done way too much
    It depends on which subjects you do. Would you be able to read all your notes for a specific subject in under an hour? If not, then unfortunately you have done too much & may have to condense it. I made the same mistake in Chemistry & I'm gonna start condensing it as soon as I get off this site.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cera ess six)
    I do too much too.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    Only started revision yesterday one of my friends has been revising for months! Have put together a rather ambitious revision timetable with 6 hours a day of revision. Am already behind!!! Is it better to do exam papers or just copy out notes/ do revision workbooks? I spent the entire Christmas holidays revising for just 4 exams, but this time I've got three times as many and less free time to revise And we haven't even finished the course for physics, further maths and chemistry! We have a whole section on Quantum Mechanics in physics to learn, which sounds rather frightening with only 6 weeks until the exam! Anyone else panicking!?
    I think it's better to master the theory before you do past papers, because then past papers help to consolidate your knowledge and refine exam technique. I spent the entire christmas holidays on one exam, haha! Biology I think I'm alright with, chemistry unit 2 is killing me (we didn't get taught it properly), computing is just memorisation and maths I just need to do tonnes of practice.

We've still got 6 weeks - plenty of time! Even if you just spend the whole Easter holidays making sure you thoroughly understand everything, you then have another 4 weeks to do loads of practice. You'll be fine.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know! I think I might have to .. I wish they had given them to us but said that we didn't have to do them! Then I wouldn't feel so much pressure and would maybe do 12 hours of them instead
    Haha there would be no point in giving them to you if you didnt have to do them ;D well you COULD do it in 2 days, 12 hours in each day
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Starting properly in a few minutes...well I hope I do.
    pahaha! sure...
    Get off TSR!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am failing so badly with my revision . Can't believe how much stuff there is for subjects like history... I didn't feel like we did that much work this year! Oh well i think i'm about half way through (but i've already had a week and a half off). Just get distracted to easily. Like right now... I should be doing work, not on here
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finished C1 on Sunday, revised bits of English lit yesterday and made a start on C2 today (9 chapters to go ). I want to get Maths over and done with so that I can dedicate more time to my other subjects.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgg)
    Haha there would be no point in giving them to you if you didnt have to do them ;D well you COULD do it in 2 days, 12 hours in each day
    I knowwww but we haven't even finished learning everything yet AND on top of all the revision and past papers I still have homework to do! ... :'(
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I knowwww but we haven't even finished learning everything yet AND on top of all the revision and past papers I still have homework to do! ... :'(
    Past papers usually don't take the full amount of time though when you do them at home because you're not so worried about checking it thoroughly.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Starting now
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeteyB26)
    Have most of you finished all the content for your exams? We've not finished anything :/
    Finished both History units, still have English literature coursework to hand in, Economics unit 2 to finish, and the last text for English literature. Great!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Starting tomorrow after my driving lesson ()

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 15, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.