The Student Room Group

AS students: how far are you in your revision?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ummm
C1 - pretty much revised all of the content, just need to do practice papers.
C2 - bleugh, still need to properly practice most of it and do past papers.
Biology and Chemistry unit 1 - covered them really well before christmas so am hoping it'll come back to me when I read over my notes!
Biology unit 2 - just need to do past papers.
Chemistry unit 2 - should finish covering the content today.
Computing - loads of memorising to do... :frown:

Do you think that if I spend the rest of the Easter holiday mastering the theory for everything, and doing maths past papers, that I'll have enough time to do all the practice papers for everything? I think I have around 4 weeks before my first exam once I go back to school...

computing is a killer indeed are you doing comp1 ? or are you resitting comp2 aswell? any advice on comp2 and comp1 my revision with computing isnt that prestige :colondollar:
Reply 161
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
computing is a killer indeed are you doing comp1 ? or are you resitting comp2 aswell? any advice on comp2 and comp1 my revision with computing isnt that prestige :colondollar:

I'm on OCR... the crappiest exam board in the world for computing. And we haven't had a teacher all year, so my computing skills are pretty awful. Thankfully unit 1 is just theory, and unit 2 is just tracing the flow of data through algorithms and stuff. Sorry!
Original post by Weasleys_jumper
what exam board for chem and bio are you on?

Chemistry = edexcel

Biology = aqa
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Chemistry = edexcel

Biology = aqa

ah okay, I'm on OCR, hows the revision going?
Reply 164
I done a day's worth of revision and nothing more. Damn Easter holidays went way too quick.
Original post by Kravez
I done a day's worth of revision and nothing more. Damn Easter holidays went way too quick.

What exams are you taking?
Reply 166
Original post by 1platinum
What exams are you taking?

Maths - 1/2 way through content/notes
Economics - Nothing done
Biology - Nothing done
Psychology - 1/2 way through content/notes.
Original post by Kravez
Maths - 1/2 way through content/notes
Economics - Nothing done
Biology - Nothing done
Psychology - 1/2 way through content/notes.

What maths exams are you taking? C2? S1? M1?
Hi, i'd just like abit of friendly advice.
I've been doing about 4 hours a day give or take and feel terrible.
Maths: i've covered C1 and abit of C2 but S1 i haven't started and i've had a terrible teacher. In my Mock i got A's for C1 and C2 but that was because i self taught it and i feel like i've forgotten the whole of C2! did anyone else find that?
Economics: does anyone have an effective way to revise for this subject? i am always getting confused with all the content as it all seems the same (Supply and Demand). I haven't started revision or past papers, just abit of reading here or there!
Chemistry: I've basically finished all of it, which is a good feeling.
FM: I've focused too much on it! really neglected all my other subjects. But i feel ready for the exam.
What should i do now and how should i tackle the next month as i really want atleast 3A's and a B?
I've hardly done any over the holidays :frown: I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French, so there isn't a whole lot to revise, but I should have done way more than I have. I think I'm currently at a level where I can get all A's but I need to get close to 100% in Maths and Further Maths and at least 90% in Physics, which I definitely am not going to do at this rate

I am also ****ting myself for french oral on 1st may because I haven't prepared anything :frown:

help
Reply 170
What maths exams are you taking? C2? S1? M1?

C1, C2, S1 - why?
Original post by Kravez
C1, C2, S1 - why?

Just wondering because I saw your other thread and wanted to know how you are getting on! You can probably blast through all those units; they are not as bad as you think once you start getting through the textbook and past papers. Getting started is harder than doing the actual work. :wink: Are you on AQA?
Reply 172
Just wondering because I saw your other thread and wanted to know how you are getting on! You can probably blast through all those units; they are not as bad as you think once you start getting through the textbook and past papers. Getting started is harder than doing the actual work. :wink: Are you on AQA?

Oh ok :smile: I'm on Edexcel for Maths.

I'm on Edexcel, and I've covered about 3/4 of S1, all of C1 although forgot most of it as that was finished in November last year, and with C2 I haven't started any work at home although I can remember bits from doing it at school. I don't find Maths particularly difficult, however, it's the sheer fact that I have to self-teach Biology unit 2 and Economics unit 2 myself and have only 4 weeks remaining until my first exam (I haven't even started covering Unit 1's yet for Bio & Econ).

As for Maths and Psychology I'm not too worried as I'll finish both of them by this week, it's just Economics and Biology which I will most likely have to neglect to get a minimum of AABB or even AABD.

It's my fault for not starting any form of revision/work yet I guess.
I started doing exam questions this week. I was meant to have done twenty eight by the end of the week, but it's Sunday now and I've only done four :frown: Can anyone impart any wisdom or motivational quotes to get me working more? :tongue:
Woah, everyone's done so much revision. I've literally just written out my Chemistry notes (not learnt them yet) and I've covered three topics in Maths. No Physics, No Economics...!

Hoping for a very productive next two days:smile:
I've just realised the sheer amount of revision I have to do in the next four weeks. Will have to work flat out.

How long should I reserve for C2 past papers so that I end up getting 95%+ consistently? It only took me a week to get to this stage for C1, but I expect C2 papers to be much harder.
Reply 176
I have 8 exams in summer (5+3 repeats)
I got a tutor to help with my M1 repeat so thats it basically done, just need to keep topping it up every week.
Done about half of the C1 course for the repeat.
Got half Biology notes
Got half Chemistry notes
Done no S1 or C2 or Business Studies stuff yet :/

F.M.L
Reply 177
Original post by Mike Hunt is nice
Hi, i'd just like abit of friendly advice.
I've been doing about 4 hours a day give or take and feel terrible.
Maths: i've covered C1 and abit of C2 but S1 i haven't started and i've had a terrible teacher. In my Mock i got A's for C1 and C2 but that was because i self taught it and i feel like i've forgotten the whole of C2! did anyone else find that?
Economics: does anyone have an effective way to revise for this subject? i am always getting confused with all the content as it all seems the same (Supply and Demand). I haven't started revision or past papers, just abit of reading here or there!
Chemistry: I've basically finished all of it, which is a good feeling.
FM: I've focused too much on it! really neglected all my other subjects. But i feel ready for the exam.
What should i do now and how should i tackle the next month as i really want atleast 3A's and a B?

For economics, I go through the textbook and make notes- that way you know you have covered pretty much everything and understand (mostly) all the concepts...then i do lots of past papers and read over my notes now and then. It seemed to have worked fine in january- hopefully it'll work again in the summer. :smile:
Reply 178
I am really worried about the one subject I didn't think would bring me any trouble ..
I am doing OCR sciences and edexcel maths

Bio, Chem and Maths - covered units 1 and 2 but still need to review 3/4 of notes and do loads of past papers..

AQA PSYCHOLOGY - Got a C in my Jan exams and now trying to do really good. BUT I have no revision strategy/ exam techniques and not sure if I can even finish the book on time :s-smilie:.. Really panicking on this and not sure where to start... Any tips..?
(edited 12 years ago)
ive got 7 exams (4 in may and 3 in june)
3 bio and 4 maths
ive revised for 3 of them

Quick Reply

Latest