Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

i am a student at aber willing to answer any questions :)

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottie b)
    you wont get a letter or an email with a list of books you need to read.
    you will have an introduction lecture for each module you will do. they will say the course structure and what books you should read. i guess with tv and film you may need to read a few but for the maths side i can say you can get a 1st easy without reading any books. everything you will need will be on the lecture slides which is what you look at in lectures and they are all uploaded to blackboard.

what i could do if you wanted, i could post the lectures slides on here for your maths modules so you can look through them and see what sorts of things you will be learning in your first semester for maths? (algebra and calculus)
    That would be awesome
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am reading through the residence handbook and it says that we are not allowed to bring cooking equipment with us to the university. I was just wondering if you have seen anybody with coffee machines in the kitchen, because I have an espresso machine and was wondering if I could bring it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N.Vicker)
    I am reading through the residence handbook and it says that we are not allowed to bring cooking equipment with us to the university. I was just wondering if you have seen anybody with coffee machines in the kitchen, because I have an espresso machine and was wondering if I could bring it?
    i havnt ever seen anyone have one of them my flatmate did have a toastie marker but it was hardly used. what i would say is if you want coffee that bad then you can take it and use it and when there is an inspection just put it in your room
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by headofpertwee)
    That would be awesome
    here is the algebra slides i couldnt do the calculus they was harder to do
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pdf Algebra%2812%29.pdf (187 Bytes, 32 views)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am European student who's holdin a place in University Accommodation in Brynderw, so I'd like to know If I could send some of my stuff to uni beforehand and where could I receive it The problem is that I only know about having a place there, without any specific details, which, I presume, I'll get by arrival.
    sorry for bizarre question but I really in doubt bout it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heh, you could send it to the post office, they'll probably hold on to it for a couple of weeks. But how much stuww could you have?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syllable)
    Hi,
    I am European student who's holdin a place in University Accommodation in Brynderw, so I'd like to know If I could send some of my stuff to uni beforehand and where could I receive it The problem is that I only know about having a place there, without any specific details, which, I presume, I'll get by arrival.
    sorry for bizarre question but I really in doubt bout it
    I believe you can order stuff to be sent to the cwrt mawr reception, can find the address online if not email them and ask for the address, they will hold it for you to pick up when you move in . Brynderw might have a reception you could get it sent there as well but im not 100% sure on that because i didnt live there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you know where people staying at seafront residences keep their bicycles?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elevant)
    Heh, you could send it to the post office, they'll probably hold on to it for a couple of weeks. But how much stuww could you have?
    nah, not that much really
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have a quick question. Does anyone know how much the launderette costs? (per washer load and per dryer load) As of 2012?

Thanks in advance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megern31)
    I have a quick question. Does anyone know how much the launderette costs? (per washer load and per dryer load) As of 2012?

Thanks in advance
    Cwrt Mawr costs £2 for the washing machine and £1 for the tumble-dryer.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gridlock)
    Cwrt Mawr costs £2 for the washing machine and £1 for the tumble-dryer.
    Thanks! I'm guessing it'll be the same at the Rosser lounge. (I'm in Trefloyne)
Updated: October 3, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.