Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread IX

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad Rio isn't going to the Euros. On form and leadership, he would deserve to go. But I hope this makes Rio realise that at his age and fitness, it's best to call it a day at international level and focus on his club. He's got no reason to feel ashamed about what's happened with England - he's been a great defender. But time to do the right thing at this time of his career, wind down and focus on being fit for his club. Terry's probably doing jumping jacks with this news.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    app kagawas agent has said hes been in man today
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    hard to fully get behind England with pricks like him representing us.
    Yeah, this. New generation? What a joke, richards isn't going either but glen johnson is with phil jones as back up RB :facepalm2:
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Its not specific. At what point do you say that it wasn't from a cross? When that phase of play stops or when the ball has been touched again? Is it direct from crosses?

Shocking stat, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
    yeah I guess, but we should not be top of the table for that.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's hard to get fully behind England with Terry in there. Of course, I rate Rio, he's still a class defender but he does have fitness concerns and I doubt he would have played much of a part anyway. I wouldn't have had him as a starter (not because I don't rate him, just prefer settled defences) but he would have been a useful player to have around. I assume the talks with Terry and Hodgson didn't go so well...He must be gutted, for a player of his calibre he hasn't played in as many WCs/Euros as he should - injured just before the 2010 WC, didn't qualify for Euro 2008 and missed Euro 2004 due to the drug ban.
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Glad Rio isnt going, hopefully my boy Carrick wont either.
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Yeah, it's hard to get fully behind England with Terry in there. Of course, I rate Rio, he's still a class defender but he does have fitness concerns and I doubt he would have played much of a part anyway. I wouldn't have had him as a starter (not because I don't rate him, just prefer settled defences) but he would have been a useful player to have around. I assume the talks with Terry and Hodgson didn't go so well...He must be gutted, for a player of his calibre he hasn't played in as many WCs/Euros as he should - injured just before the 2010 WC, didn't qualify for Euro 2008 and missed Euro 2004 due to the drug ban.
    His most memorable tournament moment is that 'goal' v denmark then, and the awful celebration that followed
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    It just sickens me that someone (Terry ofc) who constantly ****s up on a daily basis is still allowed to go to the Euros. It's scandalous.

Especially when he gets dominated by Liverpool's attack :facepalm2:
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Carrick is probably the closest thing we have to a creative midfield player, I'll just despair if he doesn't go as well.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I hope Carrick and Welbeck go. The former because he has had a consistent season and the latter because I hope Roy will be brave enough to partner him with Wayne and because his link up play can be effective for England also.
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    To be fair I don't really want Rio to go, don't want him messing his back up. I would like Carrick to go though, he deserves to get a little recognition.
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Pathetic, Terry has had a dire season.
    Ferdinand has been generally more solid and a good leader.
    Terry, I just ****ing despise the guy he's such a bellend, hard to fully get behind England with pricks like him representing us. :facepalm2:
    Same can be said about Chelsea. I'd probably be supporting them on Saturday if Terry wasn't allowed to pick up the trophy, the ****.
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Discussing Rio's snub on twitter, so I had to see about his game time this season - he has started every single game since the first leg against Bilbao.

Yet 'fitness concerns' will be cited. England can get ****ed, frankly. Not only should his fitness be of no concern, quite simply he is the best defender currently available to England, and his form is better than those that will be selected. He certainly won't knee an opponent in the back like Lionheart did, he who put in one of the worst defensive performances only a few days ago against Liverpool, and allowed his team to concede four goals against a team that had only amassed 20 goals in their previous 18 home games.

Their loss is almost certainly our gain, though.
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing we must also be in 'advanced' talks with Hazard, or else I can't see any reason for all his secrecy about where he'll be playing next season.
  15. Offline

(Original post by ledleyking123)
    app kagawas agent has said hes been in man today
    Confirmed by player himself according to SSN: http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ce=twitterfeed
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hope we seal the deal quickly.

I haven't seen him play much. Anybody got thoughts on Kagawa?
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Hope we seal the deal quickly.

I haven't seen him play much. Anybody got thoughts on Kagawa?
    I didn't know much of him either, so I admittedly watched a few youtube vids and learned a bit about him.

From what I've seen, he's a nifty dribbler with a great first touch. Appears rather weak because he's not the tallest, but his greatest asset is the final ball. He'l definately offer some great through balls down the middle for our squad, benefiting Hernandez the most I reckon.

Played against Bayern in the final the other day, where he was being tightly marked and still got a goal and an assist. At 23 he's yet to reach his peak, but has contributed 13 goals and 8 (wiki says 11 so not sure which is right) assists in the Bundasliga.

Considering we depend too much on our width and deliveries in the box by Nani/Young/Valencia to create chances, this would be a great addition to the squad. We'd have a new channel of chances through the middle, and wouldn't miss Rooney's position as much should he get injured or need a rest.

My guess would be he'l take a short while to settle in, like Modric did for Spurs, but would prove an amazing investment. He's definately got world class qualities, according to those who watch the bundasliga.
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see a physical box to box player come in to replace Fletcher.

Tiote would improve at United as would Felani.

I'd love to see Baines at LB too. Smalling, Rafael and Jones should all be decent enough to cover RB.

Vidic to return (which will be the biggest + of them all) but maybe a great CB already at his peak to allow Rio some rest.
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rodcarter)
    Vidic to return (which will be the biggest + of them all) but maybe a great CB already at his peak to allow Rio some rest.
    CB is the least of our needs really. Rio and Evans have both had great seasons, Smalling too but didn't get the gametime he deserved, Vidic is coming back and then Jones impressed at times there as well.

Rio missing out on the Euros is great news for us, absolutely moronic by Hodgson mind, but great for us. Hopefully it means we can get another season out of him like the one just gone.

I do feel for him though, seemed like he wanted to go and there wasn't much else he could have done to get in the squad. A good season fitness wise, 30 league games, and a great season performance wise, and both fitness and performance improved as we got later into the season. Hasn't always been treated well by the national side which is a shame, towards the end at least, and had bad luck at the start. A player of his ability who was up there with the very best CBs in the world deserves more than 2 international tournaments.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I didn't realise that Rio has never played at a EUROs tournament.

2000 he was left at home, 2004 he had the drugs test ban and 2008 England failed to qualify.
Updated: December 31, 2012
2015 general election
New on TSR

Lib Dem Norman Lamb on tuition fees

What do you think of his statement?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.