Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread IX

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh Valencia :fan:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Valencia does that quite often, belts it towards the far post with pace so even a deflection could cause a goal. But he hit it the inside of his foot today for some reason so it looks like there was more intent for him to score.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well well, its not over till its over. Bish bosh bash and its 2-0. We love the wings, Valencia and Young!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    This was the game I have been most worried about for quite awhile, very important three points.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the game and congrats for the title. :clap2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    shout out to rio on that excellent last ditch defending that was almost certainly a goal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Happily subscribing to the new thread :bike:

Great result tonight, feels more significant to win a tight one like the wins against Everton and Fulham in previous years. De Gea's becoming a big performer in the crucial games.

Loved Phil Neville's co-commentary on 5live - he reckons Welbeck will be getting a *******ing off Ferguson for giving the ball away after the goal..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    defensively this season we've been really good, but what will hopefully win us the league is our sensational away record, which is contrasting towards last season by a mile.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think the title is as good as yours. If we manage to pull off a win against Arab money FC, that'd be most definitely an 8 point gap.

However this is Arsenal we're talking about
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    37 - There were 37 passes in the move for Ashley Young's goal tonight, the longest sequence of any PL goal this season. Aesthetic.

12 - Antonio Valencia now has 12 Premier League assists this season, the joint-most along with Man City's David Silva. Lynchpin.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Great to get a clean sheet. We shouldn't get too excited just yet, even if we beat QPR. Things can change in an instant. I think City will drop points against Arsenal though.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    These valuable points are going to keep picking away the pressure of the Manchester derby for us, I can see our lads being quite comfortable at the Ethiad if we manage to sustain a wide gap between City in the table.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    For however average this United squad is called or in transition, you might still rack up among the highest points to win the league with this form and no Europe to distract.

Think City would be better pressed trying to steal Utd players than trying to buy success from elsewhere.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol @ Valencia being so underrated. I'm happy united are being so quiet about storming ahead to the top of the league, while everyone drools over the excellence of Silva, Aguero, Balloteli and co. I'm sure United fans know who they''d rather have in their team. Enjoy the success Man city of winning nothing this year. Bye.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    *Substitutes*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I swear Valencia could potentially score goals like that in every match he plays, its nice to see him go for goal like that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Our away fans were amazing tonight, singing throughout the whole game. Like a 12th man.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Valencia is amazing, just wow. I really didn't think that much of him when we signed him, and after the season Nani had last year I thought he'd secured the RW position, but Valencia is just outstanding. Young's showing promising signs again after his injury, we just have too many good wingers! And people are talking about us signing Hazard, I'd be very surprised if we did tbh.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaz310)
    , while everyone drools over the excellence of Silva,e.
    Valencia - 20 games, 4 goals, 12 assists. (15 shots, before this game)
    Silva - 30 games, 5 goals, 12 assists. 73 shots

**** Silva
Updated: December 31, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.