Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread IX

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    I know it might sound a bit petty but could you spoiler the gifs? It makes the thread a pain to view, as it becomes quite slow for some reason with GIFs. Thanks.
    Don e it now, bit late lol. Apologies, forget sometimes it slows it down for people

(Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    De Gea to make a late claim for Golden glove? 4 cleansheets behind Hart at the moment
    Think it may be a bit too late for that.. but i am so excited for the guys future its ridiculous!

Even now, if he somehow doesnt improve at all, he is a great asset.. but if (when) he improves.. :coma:. When we get Vidic back and potentially have quite a largely more solid back 5 next season, with Rafael improving too, gonna be fantastic.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Don e it now, bit late lol. Apologies, forget sometimes it slows it down for people

Think it may be a bit too late for that.. but i am so excited for the guys future its ridiculous!

Even now, if he somehow doesnt improve at all, he is a great asset.. but if (when) he improves.. :coma:. When we get Vidic back and potentially have quite a largely more solid back 5 next season, with Rafael improving too, gonna be fantastic.
    His shot stopping is just fantastic. I've noticed recently that he's becoming stronger during set pieces and making better decisions. Still not infallible, but he's getting there.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    His shot stopping is just fantastic. I've noticed recently that he's becoming stronger during set pieces and making better decisions. Still not infallible, but he's getting there.
    I like how he was so happy at the end (:

Him after the match hugging Eric whatshisface the goalkeeping coach

Spoiler:
    Show

I wish there was a better angle for Rios tackle, would love to have that gif of a closer up shot from behind the goal or something, dont really remember it being shown that way though so i doubt it exists
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:

I wish there was a better angle for Rios tackle, would love to have that gif of a closer up shot from behind the goal or something, dont really remember it being shown that way though so i doubt it exists
    Awww... bless him. He could win the cup final and not be happier than that. Definitely a good sign.

Yeah, same. I'm still not quite sure how he did that tbh.

Every time I see the Valencia goal... :coma:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh and reserves won 5-2 against Santa Clara in Dallas Cup, both 2 games are wins so far with one last game in their group Then i think they are in semi finals then?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Eric Steele.

But, look if you look at it pretty sure he says "Yes!" just before he hugs him. His knowledge of English has already eclipsed that of Carlos Tevez. He's also moved back to the top of shots to saves rate for more than 10 apps, at 79%.

Evans:
    "Now his presence is building. The language barrier is being broken down and he is coming out of his shell a bit. He has a joke now and is not afraid of getting involved in some of the dressing room chat."
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Eric Steele.

But, look if you look at it pretty sure he says "Yes!" just before he hugs him. His knowledge of English has already eclipsed that of Carlos Tevez. He's also moved back to the top of shots to saves rate for more than 10 apps, at 79%.

Evans:
    One thing annoying me slightly is that despite him not making mistakes they still keep bringing him up in post match analysis. Even if it is for 'oh look he was great and we don't need to talk about him and his mistakes.'

Just by doing that it's going to mean that when (if) he does make a mistake then it's suddenly going to be, 'oh he's awful, he should be dealing with them yada yada yada'.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    One thing annoying me slightly is that despite him not making mistakes they still keep bringing him up in post match analysis. Even if it is for 'oh look he was great and we don't need to talk about him and his mistakes.'

Just by doing that it's going to mean that when (if) he does make a mistake then it's suddenly going to be, 'oh he's awful, he should be dealing with them yada yada yada'.
    I said this earlier in the season. After De Gea had his *******s with crosses resulting in goals they were all over it every time he missed or poorly punched one. Yet you watch Szczney and see how many times he come out and fails to collect or just completely misses it, it never gets mentioned even when discussing the two together.

People buy into the hype too much, like the idea he concedes easily from outside the box after Dzeko, for months people were taking pop shots at him, despite him dealing with them all pretty well.

Also a little OptaJoe stat madness

91% - Manchester United's pass completion so far tonight is the best by any team playing away from home in the PL this season. Patient.

37 - There were 37 passes in the move for Ashley Young's goal tonight, the longest sequence of any PL goal this season. Aesthetic.
    Eat your heart out Swansalona.

Bit of Scholes love too

31 - Man Utd have taken 31 points from the 11 Premier League games Paul Scholes has featured in this season. Catalyst.

1 - Man Utd had the 6th best PL pass completion between Aug & P Scholes' return (84%), but are top in the period since then (87%). Control.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manchester City will be spared trophy presentation if United clinch 20th title at Etihad Stadium

Ruins all the fun
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Eric Steele.

Evans:
    and he shaved!!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaz310)
    and he shaved!!
    He looked like he was regressing to become an ape with that ****ing beard thing.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I think I would prefer to have it in front of a packed OT but to see the faces of the City fans if we win it there would be priceless anyway!

(Original post by Kaz310)
    and he shaved!!
    I thought he looked better but didn't pin it down to him shaving. :facepalm:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    He looked like he was regressing to become an ape with that ****ing beard thing.
    lol i know. He was giving our Gareth Bale some form of competition.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally managed to create my first (viewable) gif today

I loved the crowds verbal appreciation for Da Gea just before half time, you could tell he felt moved.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious that City's players are tired. They looked very sluggish against Sunderland whereas we look as if it was the first game of the season. They've barely rotated; they use the same players every match.

They need more depth and you can't just go out and buy another 5 quality players and expect them to sit happily on the bench.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mancini has absolutely murdered Silva, 29/31 games. Seems silly when you clearly don't need him for all of them. Now he is looking really tired, just when you need him for the run in and the defence is looking leaky. Only person on our team close to those apps is Evra on 30, and tbh, history would say he's fine playing every game every season. Its actually terrifying how much of a difference Scholes has made.

Guardian have decided to lay into Berbatov
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Notable pictures from the above:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Gallery-Dimitar-Berba-004.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	139630

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Gallery-Dimitar-Berba-003.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	139631

:lol:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    To be fair, I think I would prefer to have it in front of a packed OT but to see the faces of the City fans if we win it there would be priceless anyway!

I thought he looked better but didn't pin it down to him shaving. :facepalm:
    The City fans would desert the Etihad in their tens of thousands long before any trophy presentation and celebration would commence! Anyway, let's not go getting ahead of ourselves!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Does it not worry you guys though that Scholes has become very integral to the squad again? Has he said how long he's going to stay on for?
Updated: December 31, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.