Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread IX

Announcements Posted on
Fancy winning £500? Join the Summer Bucket List Challenge and beat the holiday boredom! 06-07-2015
Waiting on IB results? Our IB results hub explains everything you need to know 01-06-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    On this note, I'd much prefer a move to adidas for the new deal, Nike kits are all horrible. Next years one is proof. Absolute filth. Then you look at Madrid's one, simple and elegant. Same with AC. Here's hoping.
    I know someone who begs to differ

Name:  trikot.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  17.8 KB
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    Do you have highlights of that game by any chance?
    Thanks.
    There were no highlights to the game whatsoever, save yourself the time and don't bother. Dreadful 90 minutes of football.

(Original post by nonotrly)
    Wigan are weird, I wouldn't use them as evidence for anything. One day they'll lose 9-0 to Rotheram, next week they'll beat Barcelona 5-1.
    Haha true, I still think if they played all season the way they do in the last few games every year they'd actually be a decent club!
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Right, what's going on with pre-season then? No tours announced this time out, originally the plan after the commercial success of the US tour last year was to go to South-East Asia for a series of games in July but that's kinda been shelved due to Olympics/Euros/other.

Rumours of a friendly in June at the Bernabeu with Real Madrid are going around but there's no conformation from either club. Also heard that there's a possibility of playing Ole Solskjaer's FK Molde if they can get all the details worked out in time. That would be a smart move for the club commercially.
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    SAF said Vidic wouldn't be going on the pre season tour, as if to say there was going to be one.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Right, what's going on with pre-season then? No tours announced this time out, originally the plan after the commercial success of the US tour last year was to go to South-East Asia for a series of games in July but that's kinda been shelved due to Olympics/Euros/other.

Rumours of a friendly in June at the Bernabeu with Real Madrid are going around but there's no conformation from either club. Also heard that there's a possibility of playing Ole Solskjaer's FK Molde if they can get all the details worked out in time. That would be a smart move for the club commercially.
    Manchester United vs Real Madrid has been officially announced. June 3rd 2012 at Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdajoka)
    Manchester United vs Real Madrid has been officially announced. June 3rd 2012 at Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
    Source?
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Rather annoying Welbeck has been put out injured

Carrick Scholes
    Valencia --- Rooney --- Nani
    Hernandez

+ try and maybe in some crazy land get loads of goals to dent the GD.
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    http://beats24x7.com/real-madrid-vs-...dly-confirmed/
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Score 5 on saturday and we put the jitters in the bitters even if they do win.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    If Wolves can score 4 surely we can get 8 :cool: In all seriousness i reckon we'll win it by three goals. Swansea experimented against Wolves playing with 3 defenders if i'm not mistaken and it didnt work out. Would be very surprised if they tried the same thing against us away.
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Score 5 on saturday and we put the jitters in the bitters even if they do win.
    In terms of still being level on points so redemption if you then slip up, of course.

In terms of goal difference, only if City were to win by 1 goal, 2 at a push really.

I do get the feeling this season will be won on goal difference at the minute.
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Should go valencia right back, nani right wing, young left wing if we are serious about catching them on goal difference
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Should go valencia right back, nani right wing, young left wing if we are serious about catching them on goal difference
    **** it, 3 at the back, Rio Smalling Evans then Evra and Valencia wing backs, with Carrick Scholes Cleverley and Young Rooney Nani.
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    **** it, 3 at the back, Rio Smalling Evans then Evra and Valencia wing backs, with Carrick Scholes Cleverley and Young Rooney Nani.
    12 players? Or is De Gea not playing?
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Tiote's just been knocked out in the newcastle game, probably gonna miss the city game now
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonmonkey812)
    Tiote's just been knocked out in the newcastle game, probably gonna miss the city game now
    Newcastle still have the quality to turn up against City.

I am glad with how results are going tonight. I would love to see Newcastle finish 4th.

In other news, Tommy Docherty reckons that Moyes will take over from Fergie. Here.
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Spurs have to go and ruin it don't they. :unimpressed:
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Spurs have to go and ruin it don't they. :unimpressed:
    Isnt this good a sign though? Doesn't it mean Newcastle will have to try that extra bit harder to get 4th?
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    Isnt this good a sign though? Doesn't it mean Newcastle will have to try that extra bit harder to get 4th?
    Well yes, but now it is on goal difference, much like us against City except including tonight's matches. They need to overcome a 14 goal gap (not going to happen).
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Tiote is fine, but i still dont want to say anything about hoping Newcastle get a result against City, dont want to get my hopes up
Updated: December 31, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

New on TSR

IB results chat

Find help, advice and support here

Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
x

Think you'll be in clearing or adjustment?

Hear direct from unis that want to talk to you

Get email alerts for university course places that match your subjects and grades. Just let us know what you're studying.

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.