Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Quite cool:

Spoiler:
    Show
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jonny Evans has started all but two of #mufc's league games since Vidic injury. The Reds lost both those fixtures (Blackburn and Newcastle).

:holmes:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Does it not worry you guys though that Scholes has become very integral to the squad again? Has he said how long he's going to stay on for?
    Not worried at all, im glad we have absolute legends like him that we can rely upon. He said he would play until the end of the season when he came back, I think he will stay for next season as well though. Doubt he will play as big a role because we will be buying another CM and we will hopefully have fletcher back as well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Quite cool:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Amazing, plus according to that only Valencia did some real running with the ball! Cant figure out the route tho keep going in circles with Rooney or Carrick .
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know much about this Shinji Kagawa bloke? Been half-linked to him for a while, seems like a person we would do very well to get
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Jonny Evans has started all but two of #mufc's league games since Vidic injury. The Reds lost both those fixtures (Blackburn and Newcastle).

:adore:

(Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Not worried at all, im glad we have absolute legends like him that we can rely upon. He said he would play until the end of the season when he came back, I think he will stay for next season as well though. Doubt he will play as big a role because we will be buying another CM and we will hopefully have fletcher back as well.
    And Cleverley may be able to play a fuller part, possibly Ando too. If Pogba stays he'll get more game-time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know much about this Shinji Kagawa bloke? Been half-linked to him for a while, seems like a person we would do very well to get
    He´s pretty good, and he´d be a cheap transfer as well, I just don´t see a place for him in United's 4-4-2. He´s relatively weak as well, that might be a problem for him in the premier league.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catilina)
    He´s pretty good, and he´d be a cheap transfer as well, I just don´t see a place for him in United's 4-4-2. He´s relatively weak as well, that might be a problem for him in the premier league.
    I could see him on the wing as a playmaker? He's not the quickest but his delivery can be spot on. If we can get him on the cheap, i can see us doing the deal.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Quite cool:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Did anyone notice that all of Rooney's passes were backwards?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    Number 3 to 4

Nah but i did notice it in game too. Not so much a problem given the ****ers were sitting back the whole time, wasnt really any penetration type passes to be made.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    He had tried a number of through balls in the match, I don't think any got through. Good to see he can learn in-match, if you know what I mean.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was impressed by Rooney on Monday night. Not so much by his performance but by his attitude. He's our best player and had every right to be pissed at being shunted to the left wing but we didn't see that at all. First half hour in particular he was always looking to make something happen, going looking for the ball and trying to create but still doing his defensive work. We didn't see much of the petulant arm waving and shouting at teammates/refs that we often get when he's not enjoying himself, he kept himself together and then performed better when he was moved more centrally late on. Had the maturity to go and sit in central midfield to see the game out as well, and as that graphic shows he realised keeping possession was more important than anything else. (And btw, look at who sent Valencia free down the right...)

Right now I think he's the favourite to replace Vidic as captain.

Yeah our fitness issues in central defence has meant anyone who can stay fit and consistent was always going to be hugely important to us, and Evans has done that excellently. Those two games had other, more important reasons for losses but Evans deserves a huge amount of credit.

Saying that, it'll be harsh but assuming Vidic recovers I think he'll go into next season on the bench. Proven himself to be a very dependable backup though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think Rio's presence in the centre is being overlooked a bit. A player who was supposedly past it and too injury prone but hes been hugely important and has contributed to Evans rediscovering his form again. I'd say Smalling was very unlucky to get a few injuries during the defensive crisis in the same way Lindegaard was when De Gea was practically dropped to No.2. Evans now has a concrete place in the first team. Smalling and Jones may have to play the utility squad role in the next season or so.

It was the wrong decision not to play a LW from the start. Hernandez was isolated and there was little effort from the midfielders to get onto the end of Valencias crosses. Ideally, Rooney should be the only player playing as a lone striker if SAF goes for the 5 man midfield.

Nanis been training for a few days now so he should be getting a run out against QPR.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Consistent excellence gets taken for granted sometimes, especially when you've been doing it as long as Rio. We all expect it from him so that's not why he's getting similar praise.

Obviously Rio's more important but Evans has been dodgy in the past so this run has been something of a revelation, hence the acclaim.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    City lunatic @steve_mcfc has said that David Conn, from the Guardian, dislikes City due to his Jewish background.

That's right, we have religions getting stick now. The same tweeter said someone else was an Islamophobe due to a lack of support for Nasri and Dzeko.

Christ on a bike.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    City lunatic @steve_mcfc has said that David Conn, from the Guardian, dislikes City due to his Jewish background.

That's right, we have religions getting stick now. The same tweeter said someone else was an Islamophobe due to a lack of support for Nasri and Dzeko.

Christ on a bike.
    Oh jeez, really? o.O

Some people's idiocy really does shock me sometimes.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Oh jeez, really? o.O

Some people's idiocy really does shock me sometimes.
    Yup - https://twitter.com/#!/steve_mcfc

Be quick, he'll do his usual trick of locking his account for a day or so. The ****.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Yup - https://twitter.com/#!/steve_mcfc

Be quick, he'll do his usual trick of locking his account for a day or so. The ****.
    Wow...is that Balotelli in disguise or something?

Wouldn't surprise me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Taking into account the gossip columns over the past few weeks, come summer time we will have bought every single player from Athletic Bilbao :excited:

Today it's Oscar de Marcos for £26m :innocent:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to see what happens this summer, we've played really well in the league this season but our failings in europe show that we need to invest in the team as we still have some weaknesses. Obviously our midfield is our weak link even with Cleverley coming through and Scholes coming back. Not sure about all the Bilbao players, a couple of good games doesn't mean they are the answer and i think Bilbao's performance is as much down to Bielsa as it is to the quality of the players, also their league form isn't great. Read somewhere that Kagawa doesn't want to sign a new contract and wants to go to the premier league, he's been on amazing form this season and i think he would be a really good fit.
Updated: December 31, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.