The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM1: 15th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
what did everyone get for the functional group isomer for bute 2 ene
Original post by Pinkhead
I put H2S04 for that one.
And i'm pretty sure it is a (camping) fuel, although I didn't write that myself. I was a bit of an idiot and just wrote 'used to make polymers' lol.
Wasn't thinking straight.

I put polymers too :frown:
Original post by Abbieastoria
For the concentration question I did have 2.21 but then I realised the question said that the volume was 500cm3 of solution, not of hcl. So I divided 500 by 4 then timsed by 3 as it was a 3:1 ratio and got 2.95

But everyone seems to have put 2.21 I just stop thinking so much and go with my initial answer. What a nightmare

That's what I thought, but the question was only 4 marks, and that seems a bit too much for 4 marks doesn't it?
Reply 563
Original post by Abbieastoria
For the concentration question I did have 2.21 but then I realised the question said that the volume was 500cm3 of solution, not of hcl. So I divided 500 by 4 then timsed by 3 as it was a 3:1 ratio and got 2.95

But everyone seems to have put 2.21 I just stop thinking so much and go with my initial answer. What a nightmare

I did the same. It did say 500cm^3 of solution - so i think we're right? :smile:
Original post by neeloo

i drew a cyclic structure with 4 carbons and 2 hydrogens attached to each one
Reply 565
Original post by neeloo

But-1-ene is what I put...? Does anyone remember how to do the relative abundance of Rubidium question where one isotope was 2.5x greater than the other? What did people times (x) each isotope by? Thanks
Original post by neeloo

i put cyclobutane you?
Original post by Millyshyn
What did everyone get for the calculations in question 5? I saved the answers in my calculator.. Got 2.81g for the first one, 2.21mol/dm^3 for the next one, 8.98% for the atom economy and B2Cl4 for the molecular formula one.
Thought it was an ok paper but I panicked in the same way I did in January because I was running out of time..

I got that answer tooo dont worry... im not saying im right but it makes me feel hell lot better
Original post by EllHv1
I did the same. It did say 500cm^3 of solution - so i think we're right? :smile:

didnt it say 5000?
Original post by izzo
But-1-ene is what I put...? Does anyone remember how to do the relative abundance of Rubidium question where one isotope was 2.5x greater than the other? What did people times (x) each isotope by? Thanks

i did (85 x 2.5) + (87 x 1) all divided by 3.5 and got around 85.6 i think?
That's what I thought, but the question was only 4 marks, and that seems a bit too much for 4 marks doesn't it?

Well not really cos if you don't do that your getting 4 marks for being able to work out moles, then use a mole ratio to work out a concentration
Original post by izzo

I multiplied one by 2.5 and the other by 1 and divided it all by 3.5.
It doesn't matter what you multiply by though as long as you use the correct ratio.
You could multiply by 5 and 2 and divide by 7, or multiply by 10 and 4 and divide by 14.
im such a ****! I wrote B204 instead of Cl4 omg kick me now!
Reply 573
Original post by AishaTara
didnt it say 5000?

I thought it was 5000 for the PV=nRT one?
I can't remember, perhaps it was. All I can remember is I got 2.9.. moldm-3, by working out that just 375cm^3 of HCl was involved? Not entirely sure, there seems to be a conflict of answers here.

I've got the sodium borate equation definitely wrong. Had no idea what to do there. :frown:
Reply 574
Original post by Philippamalko

Lol I did (85x60)+(87x40) all divided by 100 there goes 3 marks dammit
WTF i got 16. something moldm3 for the hcl one,how the hell.....?
I put H2S04 for that one.
And i'm pretty sure it is a (camping) fuel, although I didn't write that myself. I was a bit of an idiot and just wrote 'used to make polymers' lol.
Wasn't thinking straight.

Lol! I sat there for 10 mins coz I thought it was asking for the purpose of the reagent and not Y..I was soo close to writing something stupid about hydrogen..then I read it was about Y and I still wrote down polymers -.-
Original post by Philippamalko

Please tell me this is right! Pleasee!!!!!!!!!!
three marks lost for stupid mistakes D: gah! what a curse.
Reply 579
Original post by mulac1
Well, I thought that was without doubt the hardest unit 1 test from all the past papers. Clearly there has been a massive change from before the Jan paper, in terms of difficulty of the test. The formula for sodium borate is Na2B4O7... Lets be honest ... who got lucky?

Sodium borate is Na3BO3. I believe boric acid is equivalent to hydrogen borate which is H3BO3. Na has a 1+ charge like hydrogen so substitute in Na to H3BO3 and you get Na3BO3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending