The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM1: 15th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by izzo
But-1-ene is what I put...? Does anyone remember how to do the relative abundance of Rubidium question where one isotope was 2.5x greater than the other? What did people times (x) each isotope by? Thanks

no thats the positional isomer?
Do you think they'll accept 2H+ as the reagent (instead of H2)? I also put hydrochloric acid in brackets, but that was not a unit 1 question!
Reply 602
Original post by jodiedoodles
What was the process for removing that pollutant? (Sorry, can't remember the exact question!)

The process (I believe) was called neutralisation, but you add calcium oxide to the sulfur dioxide.
Original post by AishaTara
flue gas desulfursation?

Oh good , that's what I got too :smile:
Reply 604
@Zytex it never said functional it said possitional i think.
Original post by king101
I put down neautralisation would i get the mark

That was the answer to the 'what process happens when the toxis gas is removed' question :smile:
Why are people getting such large numbers for the gas equation/m=nxmr I seem to remember getting 0.2(something or other). Did you multiply the 100kPa by 1000 to get it into regular Pascals, and then divide the volume by 1,000,000 to get it into metres cubed? Because I'm getting understandably worried now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 607
Original post by king101

It was definitely functional. Lots of other people have said functional too.
Original post by king101

Pretty sure it was functional group, that's what I did anyway!
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Predicted grade boundaries?
Reply 610
Yeh, so what was the question to he said?
Original post by joker12345
I got the same, so hopefully it's right!

Just checked some other forum they got the same aswell! was so confused on this one but hopefully its right!
Reply 612
Original post by king101

Yeah thts what I put because it is an acid/ base reaction --> producing a salt so I dont know, im sure it asked for CaO and then asked what is the process, I cnt remember?
Original post by king101

you had to draw the functional group isomer and name the positional if i remember right, so it asked for both
Reply 614
Predicted grade boundaries?

I would predict 56-57/70 for an A.
Then -6 each time for the other grades.
Reply 615
i think you forgot to divide moles by 5 to get just 1 mole instead of total. I got 14.1 first too

ahhh :mad: silly mistake, especially considering I went through that question again to be sure :redface: how many marks do you think I'd lose for not dividing?
Original post by AbominableSnowman
Why are people getting such large numbers for the gas equation/m=nxmr I seem to remember getting 0.2(something or other). Did you multiply the 100kPa by 1000 to get it into regular Pascals, and then divide the volume by 1,000,000 to get it into metres cubed? Because I'm getting understandable worried now.

Yes. I think I got 0.202 (unlesss I'm remembering a different question ...)
Original post by king101

I put neutralisation for the part where they asked for the process. In a past paper, there was a similar question - i wrote flue gas desulfuisation, but wasnt worth a mark..so I don't know :s-smilie:
Original post by pjanoo
ahhh :mad: silly mistake, especially considering I went through that question again to be sure :redface: how many marks do you think I'd lose for not dividing?

well usually they wont curse you for all of it, probs 1, max 2.
I lost a silly mistake for writing B204 instead of B2CL4 I could smack myself with a brick atm :P
Reply 619
Original post by pjanoo

Probably 2. Usually for questions like these you get an M1 mark and an A1 mark for the final answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending