Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am so UNfit

Announcements Posted on
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    I am quite slim (apparently I am underweight according to my BMI).
    Nonetheless, I started going to the gym to get fitter. But here is the problem: the beginner's classes in body balance and yoga were too much for me; I only managed to do 30 mins on the treadmill (gradient 10% and speed was 7.5) and I found Zumba too exhausting before the full hour was up!
    I am so upset of not being able to do even the basic stuff. It is also embarrassing in a exercise class when you go off balance and mess up a move that everyone else can do. Grrrrr, how long before I get used to it? My kness feel weak when I put myself in a certain position for more than 1 minute!!!!
    I used to have the same problem. Most people have the same problem but for different reasons - they're too fat rather than too skinny. I can tell you now that the responses that tell you to "keep at it" and you'll do better are plain false. The reason you can't keep up is to do with lack of energy, not lack of physical training - I know because I was in the same shoes as you. I pushed myself so hard I literally fainted at exercise classes and I still saw no improvements.

Put lots of effort into eating well and gaining weight - otherwise getting fit will be incredibly difficult.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need to start somewhere. Stick at it and within a month you'll notice an improvement.

EDIT:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    I used to have the same problem. Most people have the same problem but for different reasons - they're too fat rather than too skinny. I can tell you now that the responses that tell you to "keep at it" and you'll do better are plain false. The reason you can't keep up is to do with lack of energy, not lack of physical training - I know because I was in the same shoes as you. I pushed myself so hard I literally fainted at exercise classes and I still saw no improvements.

Put lots of effort into eating well and gaining weight - otherwise getting fit will be incredibly difficult.
    Actually when I read this thread, what you said immediately sprung to mind that she wasn't getting enough energy. But I didn't want to presume and just thought she was eating normal. OP take this advice, however i would still suggest to stick at it. If you are not used to exercising then no matter how much energy you have your body will still not be as fit as it could be.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    whats your diet like? maybe you're anaemic
    there is no typical day, so I don't have a particular diet. On some days I empty the fridge, on others I eat a bowl of something.
    What's an anaemic person?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    there is no typical day, so I don't have a particular diet. On some days I empty the fridge, on others I eat a bowl of something.
    What's an anaemic person?
    Anaemia is when you're iron deficient. It will mean that your blood isn't as efficient as it should be at carrying oxygen, meaning you'll feel tired and sluggish all the time and could even faint or feel faint, suffer from shortness of breath on exertion or during exercise. It will also mean that exercise is very difficult and fatiguing. It can often be caused by a dietary deficiency and/or heavy periods in girls, but there are also other less common causes.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.