Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What foods should you stay away from to avoid belly fat......?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always stay away from cholesterol, fatty foods, and fast foods to avoid from belly fat.
    These foods raise belly fat very quickly and gain weight.
    I prefer raw vegetarian foods.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    I have a very fast metabolism and am slim but have gained a slight belly frmo trying to bulk up and consuming a huge amount of calories. HOwever, I generally require a lot of calories as I consistently get hungry. My goal is to lose my belly, get ripped and put on more muscle. So things like bread, choc, bagels and things like that which are high in carbs, Im guessing are 'belly food' and are likely to increase your chances of getting one if you're not doing much cardio, is that right? cheers
    There is NO SUCH THING as "belly food". Just as you can NOT "spot reduce" (i.e. target a specific area to lose fat from), there are no particular foods that will target a specific body part with regard to laying down fat - how your body does this is down to your genes, I'm afraid. That is why some people have a fat face and a skinny body, others a fat body and a thin face.

Also, just in case you're one of those who believe that endless sit-ups will cause you to lose fat from your abdomen - it doesn't. You could do thousands of sit ups a day and still have a fat gut, since sit-ups are a pretty ineffectual way of burning fat, and even if they weren't, you can't choose where the fat comes off anyway. In fact, they might well make you look even fatter, as you'd have built up a fair layer of muscle underneath the fat on your belly, which would make it stick out more. (By the way, I'm not saying you've got a fat belly).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Indeed! Today I ate 100g of oats for the first time for breakfast and I can't even finish it! :eek: I ate the leftover for lunch lol.

For dinner I'm going to go for 50g
    You are looking at food the wrong way, why the heck are you having oats for dinner?
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikestraws)
    You are looking at food the wrong way, why the heck are you having oats for dinner?
    To replace the white rice I was eating before constantly =/

*If you have any ideas to replace the oats, I'm more then happy to hear it =)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    To replace the white rice I was eating before constantly =/

*If you have any ideas to replace the oats, I'm more then happy to hear it =)
    Why would I tell you to replace oats?

More importantly, Why would you replace rice with oats??? I mean...replace white rice with brown rice, sure, perfectly normal...but replace rice with oats? Are you telling me when you make a curry you eat it with oats???? Or a chille con carni you eat it with oats?

Dude that's grim.

If you are just eating a bown of oats for each meal then that is in no way healthy, even though oats are a great healthy food.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikestraws)
    Why would I tell you to replace oats?

More importantly, Why would you replace rice with oats??? I mean...replace white rice with brown rice, sure, perfectly normal...but replace rice with oats? Are you telling me when you make a curry you eat it with oats???? Or a chille con carni you eat it with oats?

Dude that's grim.

If you are just eating a bown of oats for each meal then that is in no way healthy, even though oats are a great healthy food.
    Go check savory oats on the net, then come back here and chat some more...

All I can say is, you really need to burst that little bubble of yours to be quite frankly honest.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Belly fat is sexy though :coma:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, the Germans often consider beer a food...

I'd say beer. No more than, oh, say five or six pints a night. Nine on public holidays.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    Well, the Germans often consider beer a food...

I'd say beer. No more than, oh, say five or six pints a night. Nine on public holidays.
    I bet someone will say that's grim as well :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    I generally require a lot of calories as I consistently get hungry.
    Being hungry all the time doesn't not mean you need extra calories. It means you're just greedy.

This targeted fat burning myth will never die. Short of liposuction there is no food you can eat/avoid eating or exercise you can do to burn fat in a specific area. Fat burns all over the body at the same time. It in fact doesn't burn at the same rate however (belly fat burns slowest) but there is nothing you can do about that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    Belly fat is sexy though :coma:
    If you're talking about belly fat on a girl then you need to lay off the fat girls. If you're talking about belly fat on guys then god help you.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Go check savory oats on the net, then come back here and chat some more...

All I can say is, you really need to burst that little bubble of yours to be quite frankly honest.
    So you were eating nothing but rice for dinner before, and now you've replaced it with oats? That's what I inferred from your posts.

What was the aim in doing that?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lincoln125)
    I always stay away from cholesterol, fatty foods, and fast foods to avoid from belly fat.
    These foods raise belly fat very quickly and gain weight.
    I prefer raw vegetarian foods.
    There's no such thing as 'belly fat'. The manner in which fat is distributed is genetic. You cannot change how it is distributed, all you can change is your bodyfat %.

Raw vegetarian sounds unusual. How do you prevent a calorie deficit? Off the top of my head that sounds like a possible difficulty.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrifer)
    So you were eating nothing but rice for dinner before, and now you've replaced it with oats? That's what I inferred from your posts.

What was the aim in doing that?
    No, I ate white rice before, and of course I ate it with something else e.g. chicken, veges, etc.

White rice is processed carbs so that won't be good for you I figured. Interesting though, those (savory) oats do keep me full throughout the day with lesser portion than the white rice

I'm also eating wholemeal bread to replace the oats in case I got bored with the oats. If you're wondering, I do eat it with chicken, tuna, veges, etc as well lol
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    No, I ate white rice before, and of course I ate it with something else e.g. chicken, veges, etc.

White rice is processed carbs so that won't be good for you I figured. Interesting though, those (savory) oats do keep me full throughout the day with lesser portion than the white rice

I'm also eating wholemeal bread to replace the oats in case I got bored with the oats. If you're wondering, I do eat it with chicken, tuna, veges, etc as well lol
    Lol, that's cool, I really was wondering there. Only time I ever ate oats with anything else was when I used them as a filling for an omelette.

IMO, they're the best carb there is, but you wouldn't go far wrong with brown rice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Food and nutrition are still fairly murky subjects in science. Things behave differently to what we expect, chemicals we didn't even know of are popping up, etc.

It's been found that by consuming yogurt as part of a regular diet people's muscle to fat ratio increases.

5 cups of green tea increase metabolism by 4%.

Cayenne increases fat metabolism by up to 10%.

For some reason dried apple aids weight loss.

Caffeine before sweaty exercise helps destroy skin cancer cells.

Grape oil has been found to help destroy cancers of the neck up.

Phytochemicals in green tea help destroy Alzheimers, etc.

I could go on.

But there are very few, if any, foods that have been linked specifically to stomach fat. Only excess of calories. The only research that has any link to stomach fat is that we produce more of it proportionally when we sit than when we stand. The hormonal balance shifts quite significantly.

Throwing that in there so you have a little more knowledge in your repetoire.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.