Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling to Revise...Help Needed!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling to revise the subjects I don't like as I don't have any interest in them and so no motivation.

I cannot muster up the will power to revise the subjects I loathe the most: physics and maths.

Any tips on how to make them bearable?

Also, I'm revising Unit 3 sciences and wondered how people managed to memorise all of the content in a relatively short space of time...? I'm relying on cue cards stuck around my house but I was wondering if anyone else used a different method that worked?

Thank you.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire_hughes)
    I'm really struggling to revise the subjects I don't like as I don't have any interest in them and so no motivation.

I cannot muster up the will power to revise the subjects I loathe the most: physics and maths.

Also, I'm revising Unit 3 sciences and wondered how people managed to memorise all of the content in a relatively short space of time...? I'm relying on cue cards stuck around my house but I was wondering if anyone else used a different method that worked?

Thank you.
    You have to understand that everyone learns differently as I'm sure you know, but the way I memorise things is read my notes/textbook and quickly jot down important stuff on paper and then I just recycle the million sheets I get through in the day. I don't keep them as notes. It took me a while to discover I learn like this and it works for me but maybe not for others.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I have never tried that, I'll give it a shot. Thank you!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    getrevising.com has the most fabulous quizzes
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really like the CGP workbooks for sciences, and if you search 'extension science workbook' on amazon then you can get one that just covers the Unit 3 topics, they do different versions so you should be able to find one that matches you exam board. I find they really help to make sure you know the topics and pinpoint the bits you're not so sure about.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have this software called 'Maths Watch' It has all the syllubus and it's video intructed plus you get to do some questions...want it? PM me
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire_hughes)

Thank you.
    Come to my current year 11 thread for tips and advice as well

(Original post by theGeezus)
    I have this software called 'Maths Watch' It has all the syllubus and it's video intructed plus you get to do some questions...want it? PM me
    Lol I remember that
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get off TSR and shut down computer would be a start.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get maths watch! It helps so much also get a CGP revision guide for physics or go on bitesize depending on your course, if you are doing triple science get the revision guide
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the advice
    (apart from yothi5's unnecessary commment).

I'll go look on amazon now.
    Muchly appreciated!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.