The Student Room Group

GSCE Grades ICT - Moderated from A* to B

Hey Guys,

I recently got back my marks for 1 of my 3 ICT GSCEs. I don't know whether you know how it works but they average all 3 of your grades to give you 3 of the same . The teacher that I have for ICT has never been marked down since she started teaching the course in 2006, if any marks have been moderated then they have only ever been put up not down. When she marked my first course she gave me a 37/42 so an A* yet when they got moderated I was somehow taken down to a B losing 8 marks :O. We appealed and I got 4 back so I'm on a comfortable A. I know that an A is good but I was always predicted 3 A*s in ICT but now it looks like I am going to be getting 3 As instead. The teacher suggested that the reason that I was marked down so much was due to the fact that recently people have been complaining about how easy ICT is to do well in. This has meant that A*s I could get went from 7 to a 4 maybe 3 depending on how my maths retake went. But do you think that this would really effect my chances of getting into medicine with a lower ICT mark?

I know that an A is still really good especially the fact that 4 people in my class of 10 actually failed it but it I just wanna know how important it is.

Sorry if this isn't clear or anything i'm shattered.

Thanks,

Kieran
Reply 1
ICT GCSE's are a joke and will be mainly irrelevent for medicine. Worry about the others.
Reply 2
An extra A* would be handy for a few places but in the grand scheme of things I think it hardly matters.
Reply 3
Is this an actual GCSE or a DiDA-type thing?
Reply 4
DiDA isn't as great as the 'Equiv. to x A*s' makes it sound, colleges and universities don't even count them as GCSEs.
Original post by KieranDhesi
Hey Guys,

I recently got back my marks for 1 of my 3 ICT GSCEs. I don't know whether you know how it works but they average all 3 of your grades to give you 3 of the same . The teacher that I have for ICT has never been marked down since she started teaching the course in 2006, if any marks have been moderated then they have only ever been put up not down. When she marked my first course she gave me a 37/42 so an A* yet when they got moderated I was somehow taken down to a B losing 8 marks :O. We appealed and I got 4 back so I'm on a comfortable A. I know that an A is good but I was always predicted 3 A*s in ICT but now it looks like I am going to be getting 3 As instead. The teacher suggested that the reason that I was marked down so much was due to the fact that recently people have been complaining about how easy ICT is to do well in. This has meant that A*s I could get went from 7 to a 4 maybe 3 depending on how my maths retake went. But do you think that this would really effect my chances of getting into medicine with a lower ICT mark?

I know that an A is still really good especially the fact that 4 people in my class of 10 actually failed it but it I just wanna know how important it is.

Thanks,

Kieran

You'd best just take your CV to macdonalds
Reply 6
These are some of the things we worry about while at the GCSE stage. However, it doesn't really matter even if you get a D. I know people who have got Medicine offers with very lower grades in subjects like that. It will matter if you keep thinking about it and fail to do well in your AS level and other oncoming exams. The current grade of yours is perfectly fine. Good Luck
Reply 7
Original post by KieranDhesi
Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Kieran

Be ashamed.
Reply 8
Threads like this make me worry for the future of our nation. Really, they do.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending