Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best American sport?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: ....
    NFL
    33.33%
    NBA
    46.15%
    MLB
    10.26%
    NHL
    10.26%

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely dunno. Love the NFL, love the NHL, love the NBA, and I love baseball but have struggled to follow the MLB because the games are just so often.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    I genuinely dunno. Love the NFL, love the NHL, love the NBA, and I love baseball but have struggled to follow the MLB because the games are just so often.
    I'm gonna go with NBA just because I LOVE basketball, and the games are really easy to follow
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nfl>nba>>>nhl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>m lb
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been to see all four on several occasions. I support the Canadian teams for hockey and the Boston teams for the other 3 sports.

mlb and nfl are the best seasons to get involved in. Both have completely perfect schedules for their respective sports. Baseball is the best sport to watch if you know a little bit about it.

In NHL to some extent, and the NBA especially they let too many teams into the playoffs, so barely anyone really bothers with the real season and only plays seriously once the playoffs start. Half the teams are tanking for draft picks. Basketball is ridiculous to watch live though if you get decent seats.

NHL is also slightly ruined by having franchises in stupid hot places like Phoenix where nobody cares about hockey. Should be 12 US teams in one conference vs 12 Canadian teams in the other. That would be awesome.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got to be NFL.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    I've been to see all four on several occasions. I support the Canadian teams for hockey and the Boston teams for the other 3 sports.

mlb and nfl are the best seasons to get involved in. Both have completely perfect schedules for their respective sports. Baseball is the best sport to watch if you know a little bit about it.

In NHL to some extent, and the NBA especially they let too many teams into the playoffs, so barely anyone really bothers with the real season and only plays seriously once the playoffs start. Half the teams are tanking for draft picks. Basketball is ridiculous to watch live though if you get decent seats.

NHL is also slightly ruined by having franchises in stupid hot places like Phoenix where nobody cares about hockey. Should be 12 US teams in one conference vs 12 Canadian teams in the other. That would be awesome.

That's one of my bugs about the NBA in particular. They don't even re-seed the bracket after the first round, so if you finish as the 8th teanm(out of 15) and take out the top seed then you have the easiest passage to the NBA finals.

Any team with any decency can get in to the tournament with a sub .500 record and then it's a crapshoot.

Mind you I think baseball is too short in the playoffs. Same with NFL

I think a 30/32 team league with 2 equal conferences should have a 14 team playoff.

This means the top seed in each conference gets a bye into round 2 to reward regular season wins.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't follow the leagues but on the actual sports I'd say probably basketball is best to play (although I may be biased since I would be terrible at baseball and ice hockey and don't know the rules to American Football.) And to watch it'd be a toss up between basketball and ice hockey although I'd lean basketball.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The title of the thread says 'sports', but the poll lists only professional sports leagues.

Regardless, I voted NBA to represent basketball. College hoops is where it's at, though. The NBA is boring.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got to be NFL for me. Really don't get Basketball and the two Baseball games I've been to were boring as hell.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh god i love Basketball but i love American football as well. Not easy choice but il go with american football just because i enjoy watching it more.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Football - particularly college football - go Trojans!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    BRB putting on my american football kit

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    NBA is by far the best :P go heat!
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not seeing Lacrosse there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    These days the NBA is the best watching sports tournament and its increasing its popularity.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    NHL then NBA.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 11, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.