Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Terrorist Attack by religious extremist in Wisconsin

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    Capital punishment is in the bible 'an eye for an eye'.
    That is not the biblical source for capital punishment. In the jewish religion that verse is used to teach us about monetary payments for assault.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avig613)
    That is not the biblical source for capital punishment. In the jewish religion that verse is used to teach us about monetary payments for assault.
    Well eye for an eye is often quoted as a reason for capital punishment.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I understand their motives. These people genuinely believe that these doctors are killing people (they consider unborn children as equal to the born). They become so frustrated with the lack of action against it that they lash out with desperate attempts to hurt people. I condemn these actions but I also understand them.
    I concur!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    I bet it was the Muslims.
    Lol, unlucky, dunno why you get so many negs though, 99% of the time your comment would be correct, but this time it was a christian terrorist attack, good guess though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Capital punishment is in the bible 'an eye for an eye'.
    Not a big Bible reader but I think "turn the other cheek", "offer them your beard to tear at", "don't wipe the spittle from your face" etc. are in there somewhere.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    Not a big Bible reader but I think "turn the other cheek", "offer them your beard to tear at", "don't wipe the spittle from your face" etc. are in there somewhere.
    I guess Christians like to forget some verses when it suits them.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess Christians like to forget some verses when it suits them.
    Here I'll point out the ignorance in your comments:

1) You mentioned a verse from the Old Testament and then brought in Christians. If you had any knowledge of history you would know that Christianity originated after the coming of Jesus Christ. Christians do not follow the Old Testament. they follow the New. The reason the OT is in the Bible is because it serves as proof for Jesus Christ's coming. It was predicted in the OT and for that reason, the OT cannot be removed. Jesus himself said...I have some to fulfill the law not abolish it.

2) You quoted the verse out of context. That verse in its context in the Bible is not talking about capital punishment. I doubt the words "capital punishment" even existed in that time period so it's impossible that the verse is referring to capital punishment. Don't quote from the Bible...change the meaning and context to suit your stupid argument, and then blame Christians.

Check mate?
    I think so.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's usually the Muslims who do the terrorist attacks.
    True, but there is various cases of Abortion clinic doctors and nurses being shot at, and on some occasions killed. Devout anti-abortionists have also set fire to clinics, tried to blow them up etc.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's usually the Muslims who do the terrorist attacks.
    You're an idiot.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avig613)
    What an unnecessary, offensive thing to say.
    I bet it was Christians.

Oh wait, it's fine to generalise non-Muslims.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BusheSCFC)
    Lol, unlucky, dunno why you get so many negs though, 99% of the time your comment would be correct, but this time it was a christian terrorist attack, good guess though.
    die.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_man)
    die.
    I'm guessing your branding me a racist, you scrote.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm thankful that the Christian fruitcakes of the world are all in the bible belt, safely away from us sensible, godless Europeans with our secularism and liberal social views. I'd hate to be a woman in America.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 6, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.