Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Has anyone here had a supernatural experience?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, has anyone here had a supernatural experience such as seeing a ghost, a precognitive dream, or a meaningful coincidence? I am not being facetious, I am simply asking out of interest.

Regards.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t yet experienced anything such as seeing a ghost etc. And I really don’t want to see a ghost. Lolzz.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Supernatural experiences are real, many are demonic and as a christian I'd tell you to steer well clear
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Considering ghosts, monsters, demons, psychics and the supernatural don't exist, a sensible person would answer no.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. And anyone who says they have are either lying or deluded.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you guys watched Paranormal Activity?

Demons are real!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can lucid dreaming be described as a supernatural experience?

At least an imaginery one?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algorithm69)
    Do you know the secrets behind David Blane's amazing feats?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    No.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algorithm69)
    I think they can be completely genuine, and not insane, but that doesn't mean ghosts are real. There are lots of phenomena we don't yet know about, and the mind does some amazing things, particularly with memory, so they could be deluded but not abnormal mentally, or they could have actually seen something.

The problem comes when people talk about the 'para'normal, or 'super'natural. By definition everything can be explained by science because science is just knowledge. If we see something that doesn't fit we change the hypotheses. Oddly enough, the hypotheses haven't needed much changing yet.

(In summary, I agree )
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have and it WASN'T an illusion because I hadn't been expecting it to be supernatural and didn't believe so, but the proof was too much to ignore. I don't say that ghosts exist. But I know something else does, and it is not human.

(Original post by Oasis')
    Supernatural experiences are real, many are demonic and as a christian I'd tell you to steer well clear
    Agreed!!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoya Khan)
    Yes, I have and it WASN'T an illusion because I hadn't been expecting it to be supernatural and didn't believe so, but the proof was too much to ignore. I don't say that ghosts exist. But I know something else does, and it is not human.

Agreed!!!!!
    Hiya! Are you a Christian to?

I'm white British but attend a church run by a Black African family and in our church we are taught a lot about praying against demonic activities and powers and pray for the break-up of witch gatherings.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoya Khan)
    But I know something else does, and it is not human.
    aliens?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think all supernatural experiences can be attributed to ordinary things - physical events (noises, apparitions) to the environment, and non-physical events (predictions, possesion) to well studied psychological occurrences. I remember seeing a 'ghost' fly past my room in the night when I was younger - it terrified me. I now realise that when a car drives down my road with it's lights on, the gap in the curtains creates the pattern.

People who actively seek supernatural experiences will get what they are after because they are looking for it. For every 10 times you ask a ghost to make a noise and it doesn't, there will be a bird landing on a roof that does make a noise, it's confirmation bias. It's the same way mediums work - ask an audience of 200 if someone has lost a great aunt and someone is going to put their hand up.

But the evidence I find to be most convincing is the fact that if ghosts or physics or werewolves or aliens (on Earth) do exist why do we never see well documented evidence, sightings are always in the form of blurry pictures or strange noises, never anything clear and undeniable. Of course, we all know the answers people give to this - GOVERNMENT COVER UP !!!!1!!1!1! which says a lot about the intelligence and naivety of the people who FL believe in it really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jinn exist
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    what are the secrets?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E.Blackadder)
    aliens?
    Aliens aren't really 'supernatural'. I personally believe that you would have to be completely ignorant to think that we are alone in the universe.

As for the supernatural - such as ghosts, demons, witches ect - they make good stories.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree that supernatural things probably don't exist, but I don't mind being proved wrong - we don't know all there is to know about the world yet.
    As to prophetic dreams, I have them all the time. Sometimes, it could be a memory or deja vu, but deja vu doesn't last more than a few seconds, and one time I'd never even been to the country before, so it couldn't be a memory!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got possessed by a troll once...
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have, kind of, but I'm not sure what to make of it because I honestly don't believe in things like that.

We were visiting Northern Ireland a few years ago, and we decided we'd go to see my Great Grandad's grave, which none of us had ever been to before. We didn't even know which church it was at. We'd spent all afternoon at the various churches around the area, and ended up at one on a beautiful hill with about 300 graves. We didn't know for sure that this was the one with his grave in; as I said we must have been to at least 6 others before we went to that one.

The way we entered the church was at the back of the graveyard, so none of us could see the front of the grave. All of a sudden, I felt drawn to this particular grave in the middle of them all. It was a strange feeling, didn't hear any voices or anything, but something was telling me that I should go and look at it. I said to my parents that I thought it was that one, and pointed out the exact one, and when I went over to it and looked at the front, it was the right one.

I know a lot of people (including myself, actually) will say it's a huge coincidence.. but why didn't I feel like that in any of the other grave yards? What made that one so different? And, really, what are the chances of me being able to "guess" correctly out of the 300 graves that were there?

Not sure what I make of it myself, but it scared me a bit on the day it happened. I could have accepted that it was "luck" if it weren't for the feeling that I got before I chose it.. that was just odd and overpowering.

I feel silly even writing this because I honestly don't believe in anything like that, but some things happen that just don't seem to have any explanation.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.