Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

(Civil Engineering):Edinburgh,Warwick,M anchester,Nottingham,Liverpool

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I need help for choosing my firm choice.

Conditional Offers:
    Edinburgh(AAB including Physics & Maths)
    Warwick(AAB including Physics & Maths)
    Manchester(AAB including Physics & Maths)
    Nottingham (ABB including Maths) <------------Insurance
    Liverpool(BBB including Maths) <--------------Not considering
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick Warwick
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I kn what reason make u pick Warwick?? Thank you
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crytung)
    It's a highly regarded University and their faculty of Mathematics is very good.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably the best uni for it, Warwick are known for their mathematics, however I heard it's not that good of a city. Edinburgh is a great city and I've been to manchester too.

I know I sound stupid saying this, but you have to be happy about the scenery and where you are, you don't want to be in a ****hole for 3 years. I haven't been to warwick though so I'm not gonna say that it is. Have you been to all the places for a visit day?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been to Manchester and Edinburgh....I think the facilities in Manchester is gd and i like the place Edinburgh...Since I am from Hong Kong....i personally like Edinburgh the most out of these three because it has less chinese(i want to practise my english) and very good reputation over the world. However, i am thinking manchester or warwick maybe a better choice for this course....and the program in edinburgh is 4 years long....
    And also....i kn Warwick is famous for the business course n the mathematics course...but not engineering....Edinburgh is ranked the highest in the subject ranking....however my teacher said warwick is a really gd uni with gd quality of all the courses and ppl say manchester has gd engineering courses....
    one more thing....i am not sure whether i can reach the requirements...edinburgh is likely the one still want me if my grades are close.....
    i am just so confused because the enviornment is not that important for me ,as an international student ,i just don't want to waste the money and choose the best uni that i can get into....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manchester.
    However I haven't been to the other Universities and know little about them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There's not much difference in it arguably ... but if I had to choose a firm, it would actually be your insurance Nottingham - of your choices I'd say Manchester and Notts have the strongest civ eng departments, and Notts has better industrial links. All that stuff aside, obviously a big factor in your choice should be where you feel you'll be happiest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I kn Nottingham has a strong civil department however the ranking in civil of manchester is quite low....i am surprised that edinburgh is the second highest out of those 5...but i do think the facilities in manchester are the best out of my choices
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I kn Nottingham has a strong civil department however the ranking in civil of manchester is quite low....i am surprised that edinburgh is the second highest out of those 5...but i do think the facilities in manchester are the best out of my choices
    To tell the truth, if your experience is anything like mine your time with facilities / lab equipment will be quite limited.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to league tables - they're dynamic and change every year based on arbitrary weightings. A slightly more useful way to gauge rep would be to email top companies in the sector you're interested in and asking them which unis they tend to target.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.