Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Starting at Queen's Campus this October. Lets connect.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just received my offer for Applied Psychology at Queens, just wondering if anyone else is going to Queens and what course everyone's doing?!
    I'm dreading getting there and not knowing anyone!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will be going there, Accounting and Finance. Which college did you choose?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stephenson! I wasn't really sure but i just didn't like the idea of john snows formals. Where did you choose? xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied there for accounting & finance, hoping to get in
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have stephenson too, accounting and finance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amz163)
    I have stephenson too, accounting and finance
    same here
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got assigned john snow (accounting and finance)
    i didnt know there were different colleges in queens.
    It's too late to change now, right?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going there for Strategic Marketing. Haven't selected my college yet but leaning towards Stephenson! Cant wait!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soldiersixteen)
    It's worth asking, you might be able to if you do it early enough! xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie!)
    It's worth asking, you might be able to if you do it early enough! xx
    I'll write them an email. should i email durhams admissions dep or john snow college?
    What should i write?

thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll write them an email. should i email durhams admissions dep or john snow college?
    What should i write?

thanks
    I'm not too sure. Personally i would write to both just to make sure someone defiantly gets it. Just say how you're not sure which college you would like to attend, and would it be possible to change at a later date? That's the sort of thing i'd put x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    did you choose stephenson when you apply through UCAS?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gigi Lu)
    did you choose stephenson when you apply through UCAS?
    nope
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nope
    probably that's the reason then
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie!)
    I've just received my offer for Applied Psychology at Queens, just wondering if anyone else is going to Queens and what course everyone's doing?!
    I'm dreading getting there and not knowing anyone!
    Everyone feels like that when they first get to uni, so I wouldn't worry about that, you'll be surprised how quickly you make friends, I've been here for four months, but it feels like I've known people forever

If the idea of wearing a gown at formal dining puts you off, I'd choose Stephenson, otherwise there isn't a lot that seperates the two colleges. (I'm currently a John Snow myself, and I can tell you now it's not that bad)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to add to the above, I'm a first yr Biomed. at John Snow, and even though it is a more traditional college, gowns are only compulsory on three occasions in your first year. If you include all the optional formal dinners, you'll need your gown a maximum of 5 times during your entire first year.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    Just to add to the above, I'm a first yr Biomed. at John Snow, and even though it is a more traditional college, gowns are only compulsory on three occasions in your first year. If you include all the optional formal dinners, you'll need your gown a maximum of 5 times during your entire first year.
    It appears you're in the same class as me :P Oh and there's also a sainsury's local right outside our halls, makes a huge difference if you cba to cook and just want a pot noodle/ready meal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OsmosisJones)
    It appears you're in the same class as me :P Oh and there's also a sainsury's local right outside our halls, makes a huge difference if you cba to cook and just want a pot noodle/ready meal.
    It's also closer to Stockton town centre (just a quick walk over the bridge), where there's more pound shops and bargains than you can shake a stick at.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I will be starting the MSc Strategic Marketing course this fall at the Queen's Campus. Looking to connect with people who might be starting the same course (or any, at Queens) then. Send me a shout!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bilalsiddiqui)
    Hi all. I will be starting the MSc Strategic Marketing course this fall at the Queen's Campus. Looking to connect with people who might be starting the same course (or any, at Queens) then. Send me a shout!
    hey! i'll be starting in October at Queens Campus! but my course is primary education- nice to meet you! xx

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.