The Student Room Group

Easiest GCSE subject?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Politricks
History!
I hardly did any work during my GCSE History, and I learned everything the day before the exam with no exam practise, and got an A :biggrin:

Getting an A=easiest subject:confused:-not on TSR,your maths must be fussy.

Getting an A=hardest subject and you revised-most of TSR can get A*s without revising,OK i'm getting a little sarcastic but you get my point.
Reply 81
for me the easiest subject has to be history and english lit as i am predicted A*'s hope i get these.....
For me it's R.E. But it's very subjective, some people might find English the easiest, but for me it's the hardest!
Original post by izpenguin
For me it's R.E. But it's very subjective, some people might find English the easiest, but for me it's the hardest!

English is very hard and strenuous-the amount of writing but then again RE requires a lot of writing but you can often use your deepest opinions and win lots of marks and write down the points from the revision guides-where as English requires specific analysis and creative writing,which i find tough to grasp.
Original post by When you see it...
Whoever voted for ICT either:
Didn't do it and just heard that it is a 'free A*' or whatever;
Had their teachers do all the work for them (this genuinely happens);
Did a completely different syllabus to me;
Is an academic snob and just refuses to aknowledge that it is one of the hardest GCSEs, or
Just found every other subject harder (that would be hell).

Or whoever voted for ICT thought that it was the easiest GCSE that they did or are doing.
I probably did do a different syllabus to you but most people at our school went into the exam knowing that a C or D would give them an A* overall as the coursework held more weight and the exam itself was straightforward anyway, more common sense than anything else. I'm quite glad I didn't get a harder syllabus like you! :smile:
They're all easy.
Original post by adamjamjar
Or whoever voted for ICT thought that it was the easiest GCSE that they did or are doing.
I probably did do a different syllabus to you but most people at our school went into the exam knowing that a C or D would give them an A* overall as the coursework held more weight and the exam itself was straightforward anyway, more common sense than anything else. I'm quite glad I didn't get a harder syllabus like you! :smile:

ICT is quite easy like but not as easy as Maths,RE or Geography but my course only goes up to A*A(Double Award GCSE) anyway so your course will be harder and it depends on how its taught because on my 1st unit I got a C because the teachers said you only needed a C but are now pushing on for A*/A and I got A*/A for my latest unit,worth twice as much as the previous unit.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
ICT is quite easy like but not as easy as Maths,RE or Geography but my course only goes up to A*A(Double Award GCSE) anyway so your course will be harder and it depends on how its taught because on my 1st unit I got a C because the teachers said you only needed a C but are now pushing on for A*/A and I got A*A for my latest unit,worth twice as much as the previous unit.

Please can you learn how to use punctuation. And paragraph. Seriously, your posts are so difficult to read sometimes.
Original post by brightbulb
Please can you learn how to use punctuation. And paragraph. Seriously, your posts are so difficult to read sometimes.

Have you read my signature.
Science was so so so easy. Physics was like 80% reading off graphs, biology was generally easy (one read through the revision guide and you're good), chemistry was a bit more challenging, but once it clicks its easy. I did virtually no revision for science GCSEs (in fact I did virtually none for any subjects outside of lessons - you GCSE students stressing really have no clue).
Reply 90
ICT GCSE was compulsory in year nine, at my school- one multiple choice exam I think? And the coursework wasn't too taxing- considering it was year nine, I can't imagine it's that hard if my school chose to offer it that early.
Reply 91
Graphics was pretty easy, the 'hardest' question was: Draw an ellipse.
Original post by lukas1051
Science was so so so easy. Physics was like 80% reading off graphs, biology was generally easy (one read through the revision guide and you're good), chemistry was a bit more challenging, but once it clicks its easy. I did virtually no revision for science GCSEs (in fact I did virtually none for any subjects outside of lessons - you GCSE students stressing really have no clue).

No or at least not for P1 because I remember the exam enough to think that I can hardly remember any graphs at all there might have been graphs but definitely not many.Science is very tough-I read my science revision book sections for Physics and Chemistry once and the specification booklet once and yet I only got 2Bs for the exams and the other GCSEs like Maths are a lot easier.
Original post by EsmeA
ICT GCSE was compulsory in year nine, at my school- one multiple choice exam I think? And the coursework wasn't too taxing- considering it was year nine, I can't imagine it's that hard if my school chose to offer it that early.

I did GCSE German in Y9 and got an A and I picked it in my Year 7 options so no it isn't that unusual to offer full GCSE courses two years early-My teacher said lots of schools allowed 1 year 7 option to lead to the completion of 1 GCSE in year 9.
Reply 94
I did GCSE German in Y9 and got an A and I picked it in my Year 7 options so no it isn't that unusual to offer full GCSE courses two years early-My teacher said lots of schools allowed 1 year 7 option to lead to the completion of 1 GCSE in year 9.

Oh I see. Well, all the same, I don't think it was that bad- I think RE was another fairly easy one for the majority of people (sorry to anyone that struggled!)- I didn't take GCSE as my school offered AS instead to some people, but I know that most people who took it got A/A*.
Original post by EsmeA
Oh I see. Well, all the same, I don't think it was that bad- I think RE was another fairly easy one for the majority of people (sorry to anyone that struggled!)- I didn't take GCSE as my school offered AS instead to some people, but I know that most people who took it got A/A*.

I find RE easy but its probably because of my great humanities skills because I got full marks for Geography Unit 1 and I am also finding RE and Maths easy.
No or at least not for P1 because I remember the exam enough to think that I can hardly remember any graphs at all there might have been graphs but definitely not many.Science is very tough-I read my science revision book sections for Physics and Chemistry once and the specification booklet once and yet I only got 2Bs for the exams and the other GCSEs like Maths are a lot easier.

Well idk, maybe it varies from exam board, but I remember it being very easy graphs and very easy calculations. Anyway, thats just my opinion, its not my problem if you can't do it :dontknow:
Original post by lukas1051
Well idk, maybe it varies from exam board, but I remember it being very easy graphs and very easy calculations. Anyway, thats just my opinion, its not my problem if you can't do it :dontknow:

There are a lot of very easy calculations I will agree with you on that one but not enough to improve my grade from a B-my science must be so poor.What exam board do you do?-I do AQA.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 98
English is extremely difficult for me, however by using this website http://www.englishbiz.co.uk/ it's become easier (looks bad but is extremely informative) If that's not bad enough i'm doing higher

Imo English literature should stay (books you learn during class) but poetry is extremely boring i'd rather it was replace with creative writing
Maths is by FAR the easiest for me (there is a definite answer most of the time.)
English Literature is the hardest, never mind the fact that I am not a NATIVE speaker...

Quick Reply

Latest